Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:29:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] BTC for Paypal  (Read 1390 times)
ltiv (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 02:49:05 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2013, 03:29:40 PM by ltiv

Hey,

I am looking to buy 0.5 BTC at the current Bitstamp price of $127.53/BTC + 5% (other fees will be paid by me). The payment method will be paypal, looking for trusted traders only, thanks.

Amount of BTC: 0.5
Price: $127.53 x 0.5 = 63.765 x 1.05 = 66.95 (2.d.p.) + paypal fees

Regards,
ltiv

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marcovaldo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 02:59:40 PM

I recommend: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=184924.0

BITEX
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                              ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███

The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank
TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE

███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
               ███     ███     ███
                 ███     ███     ███

WHITEPAPER | ANN
JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
Eito

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 03:25:56 PM

i could do a small transaction .10 btc?
Pm me
ltiv (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 04:38:28 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2013, 06:50:45 PM by ltiv

Pm me
That's fine as well! I've just sent you a pm containing the details along with a mathematical workout of the total payment, will be awaiting your reply!
ltiv (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 06:51:17 PM

Pm me
That's fine as well! I've just sent you a pm containing the details along with a mathematical workout of the total payment, will be awaiting your reply!
Payment sent for 0.5BTC over an hour ago, still awaiting delivery.
marcovaldo

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 07:18:44 PM

You should never send first to a new member that has nothing to lose by scamming.
PM him and wait more time. Update your post if it is fixed out ....

But you should:
Use escrow.
Trade with trusted people (like the fucking link I sent you, with a trusted guy who do not scam). I bought some coins from him already.

BITEX
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                              ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███

The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank
TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE

███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
               ███     ███     ███
                 ███     ███     ███

WHITEPAPER | ANN
JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 07:20:36 PM

Pm me

let us know how it turns out
ltiv (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 07:40:28 PM

You should never send first to a new member that has nothing to lose by scamming.
PM him and wait more time. Update your post if it is fixed out ....

But you should:
Use escrow.
Trade with trusted people (like the fucking link I sent you, with a trusted guy who do not scam). I bought some coins from him already.
I appreciate the recommendation, however I am against scanning a copy of my ID and sending it to someone who I clearly do not know and is on the other side of the world. I have sent him a pm and currently awaiting a reply.

Pm me

let us know how it turns out
I will! Hopefully it won't turn out to be a scam. Fingers crossed Lips sealed
ltiv (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 07:47:29 PM

It'll just end in regret, if it does turn out to be a scam. A mere $64.15 isn't worth much to shed a tear over.
ltiv (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 12:12:37 AM

It'll just end in regret, if it does turn out to be a scam. A mere $64.15 isn't worth much to shed a tear over.

Still, this state of mind is where there is so much scamming and why so many new to BTC, try to get in get scammed and never come back.

You really should have lurked more and done something same. Suspect everything is a scam.
I would have to agree with your line about the state of mine, however it is still a small amount of money easily earned back via the next pay cheque. I am not emotionally anguished over being scammed by that little amount however it does make me realise dealing over localbitcoins is a much safer way then risking it for a quick transaction with users here.

I have been scammed, communications ceased right after payment. Etio, or should I say 'Julian Mcfaddan' continues to come online however refuses to pursue in proceeding to send out the required amount of BTC, really not a big issue. I have proceeded to make necessary steps with Paypal, however if needed I will institute an investigation with the local authorities into this individual.

Regards,
ltiv
pontiacg5

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 12:15:37 AM

however if needed I will institute an investigation with the local authorities into this individual.

Regards,
ltiv

Let me know how that works out for you.

And if you have any more $$ to piss away, since you can just make it back, let me know. I'll at least say thank you...

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
tskweres

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 05:25:04 AM

Use an exchange instead - much safer.

Travis Skweres
CEO - Coin Market
https://www.coinmkt.com/
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 07:32:45 AM

So just charge back.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
bitcoin44me

Activity: 252

MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 07:34:28 AM

So just charge back.

It is not possible to charge back:
1) payments sent as gift.
2) payments for virtual goods (like bitcoins).

He can't charge back Smiley

Only working way to charge back is:
- fraudulent use of paypal account.

And of course, you need to do it before sending the money (from an other IP/country....).

Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 09:29:30 AM

Paypal doesn't bother to check IPs etc, if you cry that a hacker stole your account, PP will be more than happy to issue a chargeback. PP always sides with the buyer and never the seller, so if you have half a brain and just lie your ass off they will take it at face value.
manoamano

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 09:32:49 AM

Paypal doesn't bother to check IPs etc, if you cry that a hacker stole your account, PP will be more than happy to issue a chargeback. PP always sides with the buyer and never the seller, so if you have half a brain and just lie your ass off they will take it at face value.

Both buyers and sellers can be fucked up.
You should search on internet, people selling on eBay, delivering products and getting charged back.

This is false.
Light

Circa 2010

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 09:39:28 AM

Both buyers and sellers can be fucked up.
You should search on internet, people selling on eBay, delivering products and getting charged back.

This is false.

Not really, your example only shows that the seller gets screwed which is what I said. It's a very rare and unlikely possibility that a buyer ever gets screwed if they decide to issue a chargeback on either getting hacked or not receiving their goods and PP does not side with them. I really would like someone to explain to me how a buyer can ever actually get screwed using PP?
manoamano

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 09:42:13 AM

Not really, your example only shows that the seller gets screwed which is what I said. It's a very rare and unlikely possibility that a buyer ever gets screwed if they decide to issue a chargeback on either getting hacked or not receiving their goods and PP does not side with them. I really would like someone to explain to me how a buyer can ever actually get screwed using PP?

I said you are wrong. It works in both directions.
30 sec search:

http://askville.amazon.com/Brought-ebay-refund/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=4243978

Brought something off ebay, never came, no refund. What to do?

I recently brought a PDA from ebay and after I paid, I looked at the tracking once in a while and one day it said shipped. When I checked the package isn't there. I asked everyone in my family about it, no go. Check the post office, no go. Asked the seller about it, all he replies to me is saying it is shipped. I contacted him many time so after a while of getting no where, I opened a dispute on Paypal. Same thing happened he only reply saying it is shipped. So soon I end the communication and handed it over to Paypal. After their "investigation", they closed the claim and emailed me delineating my claim. Called Paypal about just a few moment ago and they said they won't do anything about it anymore. What should I do?
Asked by Devillords 73 months ago

Light

Circa 2010

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 09:55:11 AM

I said you are wrong. It works in both directions.
30 sec search:

http://askville.amazon.com/Brought-ebay-refund/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=4243978

Brought something off ebay, never came, no refund. What to do?

I recently brought a PDA from ebay and after I paid, I looked at the tracking once in a while and one day it said shipped. When I checked the package isn't there. I asked everyone in my family about it, no go. Check the post office, no go. Asked the seller about it, all he replies to me is saying it is shipped. I contacted him many time so after a while of getting no where, I opened a dispute on Paypal. Same thing happened he only reply saying it is shipped. So soon I end the communication and handed it over to Paypal. After their "investigation", they closed the claim and emailed me delineating my claim. Called Paypal about just a few moment ago and they said they won't do anything about it anymore. What should I do?
Asked by Devillords 73 months ago

Great, so you found an exception. A single exception doesn't really void the rule (especially when are talking about human constructed "rules"). There is a reason why people always tell you to avoid selling your BTC for PP. It's so much easier for a seller to get screwed than a buyer.

"I said you are wrong. It works in both directions." How does what work in both directions? A seller cannot claim they got "hacked" and still retain the money they got sent. All a seller can do is provide as much evidence that they actually sent the good and then cross their fingers. The problem is that Paypal general sides with the buyer, so it's far better to be a buyer than a seller on PP.
bitcoin44me

Activity: 252

MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 10:06:37 AM

]
Great, so you found an exception. A single exception doesn't really void the rule (especially when are talking about human constructed "rules"). There is a reason why people always tell you to avoid selling your BTC for PP. It's so much easier for a seller to get screwed than a buyer.

"I said you are wrong. It works in both directions." How does what work in both directions? A seller cannot claim they got "hacked" and still retain the money they got sent. All a seller can do is provide as much evidence that they actually sent the good and then cross their fingers. The problem is that Paypal general sides with the buyer, so it's far better to be a buyer than a seller on PP.

You don't seem to know how paypal works, or have any/a lot of paypal experience.

If people are saying that you should not use paypal for buying btc, it is because paypal transactions are irreversible, and not btc transactions.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: