Bitcoin Forum
September 26, 2024, 07:34:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PCI-E expansion question  (Read 159 times)
ccminer.net (OP)

Activity: 595
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:47:34 PM

Hello folks I would like to expand one of my mobo PCI-E in order to connect more GPU to the same mobo.

I have a Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3P with 3 PCI-E slots and I would like to purchase 3 of these expansion to add 4 GPU to each slot, so I'll be able to add 4*3=12 cards to my mobo!
here the link of the expansion:
https://www.amazon.it/Dealit-espansione-Converter-dispositivo-estrazione/dp/B074XGSC1W/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1519926237&sr=8-7&keywords=scheda%2Bdi%2Bespansione%2Bpci&th=1

THE QUESTION IS:
DO YOU THINK I CAN ATTACH ON OF THOSE EXPANSION TO EACH PCI-E SLOT?
THE MOBO WILL BE ABLE TO SUPPORT THIS KIND OF HUGE EXPANSION AND RUN 12 GPU ?

thank you
Turner223

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:36:45 PM

Just buy one and test it. I doubt anyone has that exact board and tested it and will read and answer this thread. In my experience with more expensive boards, they half work, where you can add a few extra GPUs with hours of headaches changing the BIOS and reinstalling drivers. If I could do it all over, and when I buy my next mining rigs, I'll just pay the extra $100 for a motherboard that can handle the amount of GPUs I want. Not worth the trouble.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:51:14 PM

Additionally, Amazon should provide free returns for most products within a short period of time which should cover you if the card doesn’t work.

I doubt you’ll be able to run 12 cards on your motherboard anyways even with this card. Never had great success with FM2 motherboards.
pbuva

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:36:22 PM

And how will you power it? Somehow I miss the possibility of connecting and powering like with classic risers.
Will you power 4 PCIE slots through 1 slot? You'll fry him.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1733

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:43:05 PM

Additionally, Amazon should provide free returns for most products within a short period of time which should cover you if the card doesn’t work.

I doubt you’ll be able to run 12 cards on your motherboard anyways even with this card. Never had great success with FM2 motherboards.

This is not true.
Most of these extenders are sold by a 3rd party and they don't allow refunds unless it's broken.

If you changed your mind or bought wrong one, don't request a refund from a 3rd party seller.
Palmerson

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:46:20 PM

It was a stupid idea. The cost of second-hand motherboard with 3-4 slots under PCI is proportional to the cost of the splitter. Why do that? Slot capacity is not designed for such a load. You will burn the slot. BIOS such motherboard is also not designed to work this amount of GPU. You'll save $ 10 but lose $ 300.

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀

♡   Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency   ♡
██Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |  Bitcointalk  |  Github██

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀
ccminer.net (OP)

Activity: 595
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:05:03 PM

This is not true.
Most of these extenders are sold by a 3rd party and they don't allow refunds unless it's broken.

If you changed your mind or bought wrong one, don't request a refund from a 3rd party seller.

In don't know in us but here in eu they are supposed to change or give money back even with no reasons within 15 days. It happened to me in the past
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: