Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:01:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 generations of blockchain. Did you know?  (Read 242 times)
dio1715 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:32:38 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2018, 02:27:37 PM by dio1715
Merited by purplemoon (2)

I often hear from different sides conversations about the generations of the blockchains. But not everyone understands what this means and what is the difference.

So, the first generation of technology is the simplest solution for conducting digital transactions, which are checked by a decentralized network. This is the only function that the first generation can perform. For example Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ripple.

The second generation of blockchain allow the use of smart contracts, programming tokens, and launching applications. For example, Ethereum, Neo, Xem.

Now it's time for the third generation. At the moment, many new blockchains are being developed. The third generation must carry a new, revolutionary idea. It must have a cardinal difference from the former.

What is the fourth, fifth generation and so on I do not know. But I think it's just marketing Smiley
What do you think about it?
mazdafunsun

Merit: 123

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:05:06 PM

Not rely sure that you can call them as generations. the are just fundamentally different and for a different purpose. what do you think, as you would say - next gen coin, should exactly have, I mean what features?

IlfarIldarovich

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:21:19 PM

I heard about this , if I'm not mistaken the project Arkblack has positioned itself as a project of the blockchain 3.0 . Does anyone know that's true ? And what is this project ?
dio1715 (OP)

Merit: 136

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:50:00 PM

Not rely sure that you can call them as generations. the are just fundamentally different and for a different purpose. what do you think, as you would say - next gen coin, should exactly have, I mean what features?

Why not? I think this is a good comparison. Technology is developing. For example, Aion is working on how to link different blockchains among themselves. That there would be an opportunity to make transactions between them. In my opinion, this is a cool idea.
Hammerman

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:00:58 PM

I heard about this , if I'm not mistaken the project Arkblack has positioned itself as a project of the blockchain 3.0 . Does anyone know that's true ? And what is this project ?

Yes you are right. Arcblock does position itself as 3.0. They create a platform for launching decentralized applications. By the way, very interesting project. One of the investors is the Chinese guy who bought a lot of bitcoins on the last correction. It makes sense to pay attention to this project.
Muruga

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 02:03:51 PM

I believe Blockchain 4.0 and Blockchain 5.0 will soon appear. Programs are becoming more complicated. More programmers are pouring into the crypto industry.
As far as I know, the most advanced in the development of Blockchain 3.0 is project ArcBlock, which was recently joined by NetEase's CEO billionaire William Ding.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 02:17:00 PM

I often hear from different sides conversations about the generations of the blockchains. But not everyone understands what this means and what is the difference.

So, the first generation of technology is the simplest solution for conducting digital transactions, which are checked by a decentralized network. This is the only function that the first generation can perform. For example Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ripple.

The second generation of blockchain allow the use of smart contracts, programming tokens, and launching applications. For example, the Ethereum, Neo, Xem.

Now it's time for the third generation. At the moment, many new blockchains are being developed. The third generation must carry a new, revolutionary idea. It must have a cardinal difference from the former.

What is the fourth, fifth generation and so on I do not know. But I think it's just marketing Smiley

It's just a marketing or other word it called as clickbbait to make others just feel curious to know more about what is that? There is no a lot of differences between blockchain 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 that was pure a marketing tricl to attract the more demand to the project itself. Even some blind person called DAG system as the next blockchain platform but the majority of us know that was really different.
anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 02:27:42 PM

to be honest I strongly support the new technology, but the blockchain that has been available today is not yet accepted by the public and has not used en masse worldwide. focus on the first and second, this is the more important we prioritize to achieve a better future.
Greedy squirrel

Activity: 296
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 02:36:38 PM

They can call themselves anything, 3.0 or 5.0 or 341.0 - it does not matter. The most important thing is that they could get the product they are talking about. If the product is quality, then no one will be interested in the numbers in the name of the blockchain.
Vit83

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 02:50:54 PM

What revolutionary blockchain 3.0 ideas do you know? I don't see any revolution till BTC was created. Even smart contracts was deleted from it's code like unsafe one. Blockchain 3.0 = environment for the development in my opinion.

putrisa

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 02:57:57 PM

The second generation of blockchain allow the use of smart contracts, programming tokens, and launching applications. For example, Ethereum, Neo, Xem.

I know bitcoin when the first generation of coin ETH creates its first coin price of less than $ 4 and now the price of Ethereum is worth $ 1000 it is amazing if you follow that era and buy bitcoin in that era you can surely become rich today .
emmmmm

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:01:09 PM

There are a lot of tokens that claim to be blockchain 3.0.
But I don't know what the definition of blockchain 3.0 is. I hope to see the product of blockchain 3.0 this year.

justaminute

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:19:59 PM

At the moment, quite a lot of projects call themselves a third-generation blockchain. For example: Aion, Icon, Arcblock, Eos, Comos, Aeternity, Xtrabytes, Nebulas etc.
I think that it will be possible to talk about this in case of success. I do not see any real product yet.
Thadeous
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:09:42 PM

We realize what are Blockchain 1.0 and 2.0 and which coins represent them. But currently it's fairly undefined what is Blockchain 3.0
Today many blockchains pretend to be called the third generation, among them ICON, Wanchain, AION, NEBLIO.
But as for me Blockchain 3.0 is more a hype label than a revolutionary solution, at the moment.
afterdark

Activity: 395

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:12:19 PM

Of course, stories about the generation came up by the developers themselves. So they try to single out their product from many others. But I do not know yet any 3 generation blockchain that was successfully launched, but already speak about the 4th generation ... This year will give a lot of information on this thematic. Several projects promise to present their 3 generation products.
housebtc

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:33:57 PM

I don't agree with all your definitions, I think even if we are into second generation of blockchains, I think we are just opening the door, all the hypes around all these new blockchains are just marketing hype, I saw Cardstack and Arcblock. I hope you know Bitcoin is also developing smart platforms
mainthread

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 09:10:36 AM

I want to draw your attention to UseChain project. It will allow introducing innovative ideas for new blockchains 3.0. The team has been working since 2016. It looks very interesting and promising. I think that this theme is very relevant in our time.. http://www.usechain.net/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: