Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:54:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Google Recaptcha Issues via Tor and Linux Desktops  (Read 125 times)
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:09:42 PM

I have windows laptops and a phone (android) that is able to process the Google Recaptcha.

The problem is, whenever I used a browser that is less familiar (i.e. Tor/raspbian midori...) the recaptcha comes up with a message where the captcha is supposed to be and it says that it is busy. I'm trying to work out if anyone has found a fix for this because among other things, I am unable to log onto my forum account and other accounts from these specific browsers which is fairly annoying.

EDIT: I found this but that doesn't seem to suggest why midori (the default browser on a raspberry pi) doesn't work.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
daviejoneslocker

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:23:18 AM

The problem is that google recaptcha logs all of the queries from each ip address that uses the recaptcha.
I don't think the problem is with the browser you are using. The issue is with tor. Sometimes you need to use a different exit relay because the current one that you are using has already been flagged by google as a proxy.
I get the same issue sometimes and changing to tor circuit relay fixes this problem.
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 04:25:58 AM

Try to enable the javascript, if it help to authenticate with the server.
I'm using a linux O.S and my mozilla browser is blocking some pop-up ads and disabling javascript by default.
it is not working if the web server can't communicate with the browser basically its an IP addy to IP addy communication.

P.S When I let the javascript run for a specific website I can communicate with the web server, lets put the main issue that way now.
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 02:37:07 PM

Try to enable the javascript, if it help to authenticate with the server.
I'm using a linux O.S and my mozilla browser is blocking some pop-up ads and disabling javascript by default.
it is not working if the web server can't communicate with the browser basically its an IP addy to IP addy communication.

P.S When I let the javascript run for a specific website I can communicate with the web server, lets put the main issue that way now.

I'll check if midori has noscript enabled.

I have Mozilla on my laptop with noScript enabled by default I think but it's not too powerful there (if I can still use recaptcha).
The problem is that google recaptcha logs all of the queries from each ip address that uses the recaptcha.
I don't think the problem is with the browser you are using. The issue is with tor. Sometimes you need to use a different exit relay because the current one that you are using has already been flagged by google as a proxy.
I get the same issue sometimes and changing to tor circuit relay fixes this problem.
Tried changing exit nodes, disabling noscript before to weak settings... It won't work still (Linux is more important though for me to focus on).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: