Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:46:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs on NEO BLOCKCHAIN  (Read 97 times)
chrisrok (OP)

Activity: 134
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:59:14 PM

Is NEO the new ETH ?

Since the beginning of the year, NEO started like the fire department and has already launched four new ICOs on its blockchain in the first two months with DeepBrain, QLINK, Trinity Network Credit and Zeepin. Together with the tokens Red Pulse and Gas, which have existed since the end of October 2017, the lead substance of the NEO platform, six tokens are currently listed that are based on the NEO blockchain. Of these, Zeepin is ranked lowest with rank 275, all other NEO based tokens are placed in the top 200. Thus NEO delivers the best balance sheet of all Developing supporting platforms after Ethereum.
Everything ready for the change of power, then? From the crypto scene also critical voices speak up. Above all, the seemingly close ties of the NEO development team with the Communist Party of China cause concerns in many places - especially against the background of the restrictive crypto-policy of the Chinese government. Shortly after the ICO ban in China, rumors had it that in the future all ICOs would have to be handled via NEO - a centering that would suit both NEO and the Chinese government.
The actual performance of the platform is also questioned by some very pessimistic observers. Thus, the recent plethora of ICOs present the network with bigger challenges than it would like. Thus, during the launch of an ICO or shortly thereafter, there were always reports that the network had been down for a short time or that wallets were unusable. In addition, the NEO platform is by far not as user- and developer-friendly as it presents itself. So it should be very difficult for code developers to create smart contracts on a NEO basis. Also, setting up a smart contract on NEO with a fee of currently 500 GAS is not exactly cost-saving.

My Conclusion

Even though something is definitely growing in the East - NEO will not be a top threat in 2018. The term danger alone is misleading in this context - should it be the endeavor of a decentralized community to have a market-rivaling competition for building new blockchain projects. Therefore, the NEO Smart Economy Network is not necessarily a repression, but rather a complement of Ethereum, with other priorities, strengths and weaknesses.

BTW: If you like it, merit would be great Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ethan Manson

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:13:26 AM

I think this is a nice balanced view in a time where NEO can do no wrong. I hear your sentiments. I just believe NEO can actually be more than a compliment to eth. I'm not saying it will kill ethnot at all but I think you are underestimating the potential opening up the platform to the more basic software languages will have in the long term. As for the ties with the Chinese communists party I see that as a positive. Is there a bigger force to have fighting your corner?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: