Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:13:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why is bitcoin increase much more than altcoins?  (Read 177 times)
guneytasyurek (OP)

Activity: 178
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:10:22 AM

Guys
I just wanted to discuss topic  about the price after crash . Before crash bitcoin dominance was 34 percent  but now 40 percent . I was thinking as long as bitcoin increase altcoins will rise up as well however it doesnt happened exactly ,when bitcoin falls altcoin falls down moreand more  but in opposite doesn't increase as much as bitcoin.
haileysantos95

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:17:21 AM

Guys
I just wanted to discuss topic  about the price after crash . Before crash bitcoin dominance was 34 percent  but now 40 percent . I was thinking as long as bitcoin increase altcoins will rise up as well however it doesnt happened exactly ,when bitcoin falls altcoin falls down moreand more  but in opposite doesn't increase as much as bitcoin.

Its because bitcoin is much more stable compare to other coins and there are lots of bigtime investor in bitcoin than its competitors. When bitcoin rises up altcoin traders tend to leave or put altcoin on hiatus and focus only on bitcoin thus leaving a small percentage of traders trade altcoin.
Shova

Activity: 286
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:27:20 AM

I just realized that. Maybe people are selling off their alts to buy bitcoin as it shows much more stability than other manipulative coins. Never a high gainer and never a high loser.
chocolaty

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:28:53 AM

It is the pioneer coin and of all coins it is the most popular and has the biggest market cap. Many investors put a part of their money into an investment that is less risky and bitcoin is the best option. Why? Simply because it already has built a good market reputation and a strong foundation among supporters.

tdeannova

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:34:30 AM

Guys

Its because bitcoin is much more stable compare to other coins and there are lots of bigtime investor in bitcoin than its competitors. When bitcoin rises up altcoin traders tend to leave or put altcoin on hiatus and focus only on bitcoin thus leaving a small percentage of traders trade altcoin.
You are right, that many people throw alt for bitcoin and if users want to buy alt, they definitely buy bitcoin first. That's why bitcoin becomes stable and keeps rising than any other alt. But some alt keep increasing, like eth, ltc and others. Perhaps more precisely the alt which does not increase is shitcoin.
novita_gendut

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:45:13 AM

Guys

You are right, that many people throw alt for bitcoin and if users want to buy alt, they definitely buy bitcoin first. That's why bitcoin becomes stable and keeps rising than any other alt. But some alt keep increasing, like eth, ltc and others. Perhaps more precisely the alt which does not increase is shitcoin.
From my point of view bitcoin is a lot of demand then bitcoin increases more when bitcoin falls lower but vice versa does not increase as much as bitcoin. That's why Bitcoin is stable and steadily increasing compared to other altcoins.

AzureDragon

Activity: 244
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:55:08 AM

Guys

BTC is the most stable cryptocurrency. In addition, most cryptocurrencies are traded in pair BTC/ETH. Therefore, it is more profitable for large investors to invest exactly in BTC. But we do not forget that some cryptocurrencies can even grow independently of the exchange rate of BTC.
Lucky_U

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:03:54 AM

Many people just started to sold alts and byu BTC, waiting next BTC race. Probably BTC price will start to rise from now to new records.
guneytasyurek (OP)

Activity: 178

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:10:03 AM

That is why i m afraid , during rising of bitcoing alts arent increase but during crash most affected ones become altcoin. I cant understand the logic exactly
Grim149x

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 06:14:34 AM

Because it is the king of crypto.

The thing is that when most people think of crypto, the first thing that comes to their mind is bitcoin.

And I follow famous traders and they say that it's not about the fiat, it's about the bitcoin satoshi's. Meaning, they don't care about the current fiat value, but just increasing the number of BTC's they have.

boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:16:47 AM

Logically people who trades a lot will sell all their altcoins to purchase more bitcoin this is one of the reason why altcoins are not rising or sometimes falling when Bitcoin price is rising.

For the question why Bitcoin price rise faster than Altcoins, if you are a trader and market is unstable will you bet on an unproven coin. Me personally no I would rather buy a stable coin like Bitcoin or Ethereum before purchasing altcoins and I think traders actually are doing the same.

As a trader we have a saying that the trend is your friend and we will follow the bitcoin trend first before anything else.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:21:45 AM

you are asking two different question without knowing it.
one is about bitcoin price rise and another is about what people call dominance by mistake.

regarding price rise you should know that bitcoin rises more and it is a solid rise because it has real usage. it is the biggest coin which has actual "currency usage in real world" and altcoins lack this important factor. and thanks to that bitcoin's adoption increases so its price increases more and has no permanent drops while altcoins get pumped and when they are dumped it is usually a permanent price loss.

regarding what they call "dominance" you should know that it is simply a false factor called market cap. and total market cap was mainly bloated thanks to creation of hundreds of altcoins and tokens in the past couple of months and also huge pumps of all coins specially big ones like ripple and ethereum which bloated the total marketcap and decreases the share of bitcoin. these 2 caused the drop to 40% or whatever % you saw and now that they both are going away the % is rising back up again.
in any case it has nothing to do with "dominance".

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:22:29 AM

In any form of cryptocurrency trading Bitcoin is the benchmark of all coins and it is the top pairs to trade in any cois too like eth-btc , ltc-btc. xrp-btc, that's why it is still dominating in the cryptomarket. Besides may enterprise are adapting the bitcoin transactions.
Mrs Troll

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:24:14 AM

When bitcoin rise from the deep only fresh coins with huge potential follow him. Check tokens like Elastos or Aion - they will rise too and don't dump too much due strong expectations about this projects. But we still didn't see normal rise of BTC.
iLatios

Activity: 327
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:30:38 AM

As I see, Bitcoin is growing all the time. The price can be low or high, but finally it be profitable to hold it.
Other tokens may grow even faster than Bitcoin. But if its price falls down, altcoins struggle with it too.

█        ★★★★★ TrustedCars Flex ★★★★★      
     │ ★★★★★ Changing Car Ownership Forever ★★★★★ │     
█  Website Token Sale up to 25% Bonus ANN Thread Telegram │ 
surfinonmyownwavebaby

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:32:38 AM

I don't know why, all I am concerned with is that the market is green and alts are having a good time. If I had to say though, I would guess that all the fud from the countries is gone and all that remains is bullish sentiment and bullish fundamentals giving rise to bullish price action.

R E O S         [   A BLOCKCHAIN-BASED ECOSYSTEM FOR USER-GENERATED CONTENT   ]     JOIN NOW!
Introducing REOSchain™   |  The blockchain that digs out the true value of social media content

WHITEPAPER                    TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                     LINKEDIN                     GITHUB
mariayaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:36:01 AM

Its not rising its just settling down. It will take some time for crypto currencies to get stable, most probably mid of this year alt coins will start pumping.

✦✦✦✦✦  ☸ SECURE - FAST - FAIR ☸  ✦✦✦✦✦   (https://www.bitgame.com/?trackCode=BITCOINTALK)
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:39:21 AM

that's obvious. bitcoin is the first crypto that no one can manage it compared to the altcoin owned by the company or developer.
the main factor why bitcoin is the most viral and most important of all crypto, bitcoin is always owned by most investors. because bitcoin is a major tool in investment, trade and mining.
iljamlnk

Activity: 406
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:39:58 AM

A logical question! At all in the head Bitkoin is represented as a locomotive, and altkoins are wagons. If the engine accelerates, everything else should automatically accelerate. But it is not always the case.
Thyaga

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:40:10 AM

because bitcoin is created altcoin so altcoins value bitcoin with their price will not match or pass through it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: