Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 03:32:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The perfect currency?  (Read 482 times)
sols (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:10:08 AM

hey bros, I am fairly new here and have only really been in crypto seriously for about a year, jumping around from coin to community often feeling a void somewhere and wonder if there are any enthusiasts also feeling the same that may have similar ideas and are open and willing to work together towards a common goal. How do you feel about working together? Smiley

I see there are now at least a couple thousand crypto-currency projects and many of them are open source with quite liberal licensing. I wonder if one could not pick and choose through the crypto buffet and create the perfect currency chain?

Ofcourse this is very subjective, we all have different perspectives and therefore completely different ways of interpreting the system and its benefit to harm ratio. If we could be compassionate and open minded, and consider the implications of the systems on all of its constituents we would surely create a system that is simple, secure, accessible, fair, provides equal opportunity and does not oppress or harm people or our environment. I think if all we want to do is keep account, that should be pretty good base to aim for? what do you think?

if you were to devise the perfect system through picking at different components from existing currencies or just tweaks to a currency, what would it be? what would you aim for? what would you choose and why?

please continue the conversation here or join me on a discord server dedicated to this topic  Cheesy   https://discord.gg/7gT8zmH

JoniPopens

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:44:41 AM

Of course, I would choose a lot of coins by supporting them all to ETH, because I think that at the moment is one of the most promising coins of 2018, you can perfectly say about every currency that grows sometimes, and sometimes falls in its value, but my opinion I think it will be justified by the end of 2018 and we will all see that the whole world will stand for ETH!
soloinvestor

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:22:09 AM

In my opinion, it is better to make your own research and trust your guts.

The most of the privacy coins are undervalued right now.

The best opportunity is to find a privacy-related project with a low total supply (less than 100M), that way the price will be increasing much faster.

I recently found one project called Ethereum Meta, it is related to anonymity and untraceable transaction. They have a very interesting project to build the Anonymous E-Market Place.

They are on Pre-ICO stage right now, you can check their website: https://ethermeta.com/
Or even better go through their Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2659058.0
leland orser

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:30:33 AM

I think there is no perfect tokens, although these projects have a connection and blockchain, but most of the time these projects by the direction of the struggle and different, so I can't put them together, become a perfect tokens.

Monette2k17

Activity: 49
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:31:03 AM

The second perfect currency for me is Etherium, despite bitcoin remains dominant it is not scalable nearing the current limits of transaction capacity but etherium is scalable.

GLOBEX SCI   [ $250 Billion Scientific Knowledge Available to EVERYONE ]
     JOIN PRE-ICO   ────  February 7th  ─────
anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:41:02 AM

Everyone is expecting it and I think it will take time to reach it, but it is useless if without the support of the government this will not be maximized. I am very happy to discuss this because it is not just about money and business, but technology that will make life easier, transparent and safe for all people.
sols (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:43:27 AM

ethereum is very cool indeed!, I dont see why a currency cant be one with the system in which most of the applications you use are developed on it, ofcourse can always go further and use that outside of the system like we do now xD

have you also checked out projects like EOS and NEO? they have some similarities and also big differences in other areas, curiously is there something about ethereum that you feel far outweighs some developments in some other smart contract platforms? either governance, economic system or utility? Smiley

I also wonder about coins that are just about performing the job of a currency well, by ticking as many of our boxes as possible, hopefully hitting each one quite high on the spectrum(fairness, accessibility, etc). A currency like NANO for example, what do you guys think of this one? do you think there is any less possibility the network will run without clear incentives for people to run the node(besides availability of service etc) or do you think funds can become locked up and lose liquidity as the network grows if there is no inflation rate somewhere in the system?

Smiley
LeoEspansq

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:52:59 AM

hey bros, I am fairly new here and have only really been in crypto seriously for about a year, jumping around from coin to community often feeling a void somewhere and wonder if there are any enthusiasts also feeling the same that may have similar ideas and are open and willing to work together towards a common goal. How do you feel about working together? Smiley

I see there are now at least a couple thousand crypto-currency projects and many of them are open source with quite liberal licensing. I wonder if one could not pick and choose through the crypto buffet and create the perfect currency chain?

Ofcourse this is very subjective, we all have different perspectives and therefore completely different ways of interpreting the system and its benefit to harm ratio. If we could be compassionate and open minded, and consider the implications of the systems on all of its constituents we would surely create a system that is simple, secure, accessible, fair, provides equal opportunity and does not oppress or harm people or our environment. I think if all we want to do is keep account, that should be pretty good base to aim for? what do you think?

if you were to devise the perfect system through picking at different components from existing currencies or just tweaks to a currency, what would it be? what would you aim for? what would you choose and why?

please continue the conversation here or join me on a discord server dedicated to this topic  Cheesy   https://discord.gg/7gT8zmH

Yes, the ideal currency will never be exactly, even if as you suggest you choose the best from each and complement one of them. This is what will happen for an extra coin, which I believe will completely ruin the market and can destroy all other coins. Perhaps this is the dream of everyone, but in the current realities it is not worth doing, and the requirements to it will increase at times.
Haunebu

Activity: 3094
Merit: 972

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:57:38 AM

According to me, there is no perfect currency. Coming to FIAT currencies, I feel that USD has always been the best currency among the plethora of currencies. Coming to Crypto, Bitcoin has, will and shall always be the king and is close to the perfect currency which many fantasize about. Honestly, anything close to perfect is fine by me. Many might feel that the extreme volatility of bitcoin and the crypto market might deter future investors and cannot be utilized for everyday purchases which is true at the moment, but will change for sure in the future with new developments like integration of lightning network etc.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
sols (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:13:55 AM

yeah definitely, if the lightning network can fill its claims its actually pretty close to a perfect currency, though bitcoin seems a little difficult to further develop at the moment due to certain beurocracies, the system is tested and proven for many years. Though bitcoin is also quite resource intensive and makes one wonder if the consumption of so much energy is really necessary for such a process, I mean, ofcourse in time technologies will improve, though to remain competitive there will always be further upgrades and such, likely to further fueling the cycle to remain indefinitely

there may be better ways than this, regardless of how prolific it is today, I think there is room for bitcoin to lose dominance, will be interesting to see how it goes though, it almost looks like everyone feels the same way about the dominance of bitcoin and its ability to endure and grow Smiley
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:18:50 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2018, 10:23:20 AM by marcbitcoins

please continue the conversation here or join me on a discord server dedicated to this topic  Cheesy   https://discord.gg/7gT8zmH

The perfect currency will always be the fiat or the paper money because it is the most convenient way to use anywhere in the whole world and everyone knows how to use it including the children unlike digital currencies in which not all people know how to use it specially the poor that it also need the power of internet for every transaction in order for us to use it. So how a currency could be perfect if majority of the people cannot use it properly?
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:21:21 AM

The best currency is the fiat more precisely kuwait dollar because the price is very expensive.
piterpie

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:36:00 AM

The second perfect currency for me is Etherium, despite bitcoin remains dominant it is not scalable nearing the current limits of transaction capacity but etherium is scalable.
I do not think that any currency is perfect because there are always profits and risks. I do not believe only experienced investors but also new investors will start. Choose Ethereum as an investment destination because it has an excellent development platform.
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:42:37 AM

I actually think that the future mass-adopted cryptocurrency will be a hybrid or a wild evolvement of the actual ones. We should also observe the fact that Bitcoin is slowly adopting technologies invented on other platforms /cryptocurrencies.

We should most definitely take smart contracts from Ethereum, zero fees from Iota (although I do have an idea that in the future fees could be left on but used for financing those in need), maybe security from Monero, basic income from Swiftdemand is not a bad idea, anything solving centralization problems..... Scaling is yet to be seen solved anywhere.....

sols (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:17:35 AM

I actually think that the future mass-adopted cryptocurrency will be a hybrid or a wild evolvement of the actual ones. We should also observe the fact that Bitcoin is slowly adopting technologies invented on other platforms /cryptocurrencies.

We should most definitely take smart contracts from Ethereum, zero fees from Iota (although I do have an idea that in the future fees could be left on but used for financing those in need), maybe security from Monero, basic income from Swiftdemand is not a bad idea, anything solving centralization problems..... Scaling is yet to be seen solved anywhere.....

you make an interesting post, I do see potential for bitcoin becoming more and more open to absorbing the best developments in other currencies, it makes me wonder though if they can avoid dogmatic obstacles that they've been blockaded by in the past and move forward with their tech in other ways then building around it as it seems like we are doing now xD

smart contracts do definitely have their role, especially in creating a decentralized world, and ofcourse it gives you greater freedoms to employ processes like a universal basic income and also a greater flexibility in designing a fair and equal platform for governance.

I dont often actually consider the basic income part, I wonder how such a thing is implemented, I wonder how much information they need and how they counter fraud of their service etc which would kind of undermine the sustainability of the project.

in saying that, I wonder how far one can go in either direction, either privacy or transparency, especially when we want both services to be available, both the privacy and also the ability to provide greater opportunities for the underpriviledged(UBI, voting etc)

its very hard to get the right mix and I often wonder if its possible at all xD
balrog

Activity: 448
Merit: 37

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 08:42:30 AM

I don't think we have any perfect currency . Nothing is perfect and of course every currency have it's own positive and negative sides , even fiat money. And especially cryptocurrency , which are at the beginning of their public recognition .
XanTheMadAussie

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 08:44:55 AM

Ethereum all the way, just waiting until it goes Proof of Stake!
Erlinda Santiago

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:51:37 AM

The perfect currency right now i think its bitcoin or etherium because these two coins are beating each other in rates even if we know that etherium is lower rates than bitcoin

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
SavageBrother

Activity: 129
Merit: 8

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:55:01 AM

There is none and I do not understand why you would bother looking for something 'perfect'. All these different problems require a solution and you cannot expect to come up with a perfect currency to solve all problems.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Jannalsieh

Activity: 81

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:58:33 AM

If by perfect you mean can be used and applied to any country and whole of transactions, then I would say there is none.
But when we are talking about near perfect, for fiat, that would be US dollars. USD are pretty stable and can be used globally at most.  On the other hand, talking bout cryptocurrency, that would be Bitcoin. it is the first of its kind and it has proven its durability and quality for a decade now. Of course prices would change without prior notice ( Grin ), but at present, it is fine by me. If you are clever enough you can gain from fluctuations.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: