Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:00:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining equipment cheaper in Thailand and tax rebate at airport leaving.  (Read 115 times)
LisaThai (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:13:32 AM

Hi my first post,
I started mining raven coin last week on my 2 i7 laptops, one with 4gb graphics card 480m the other a 3 times not as fast one. I really enjoyed it learning the basics of cc miner, reminded me when tried mine btc years ago. Nostalgic coin raven.
So instead of 1 coin an hour I only getting 0.33 now due to diff quadruple but it gave me a good taste for mining so because am working as a teacher here for a year in Thailand and because the computers and tech stuff so cheap here I want to know what's a good basic set of equipment to buy for a longer term investment in mining coins that might breakthrough to something wonderful down the road.
It might be nice chat with someone on WhatsApp or like this as it's lovely see people's faces when they light up about a fascination.
Appreciate any pointers in right direction.
Lisa.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IonicTong

Activity: 210
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 09:12:01 AM

Would you be solely wanting to mine Raven Coin or would you want to mine something else? This is really what it boils down to. If you want to mine a CPU intensive coin then I would suggest stocking up on powerful high core CPU's, if you want to mine a coin that is more GPU intensive then obviously more powerful GPU's. Anything from 4GB upwards is a good starter level, 8GB if your looking for more powerful kit.

However, something you need to remember (as a visitor of Thailand quite frequently), although you can get a tax rebate at the airport, don't forget about customs at the other end. The minute those electronics land in another country, especially UK and US, you're going to get slapped with a customs and excise bill for those goods which makes your tax rebate in Bangkok rather useless...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: