Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:47:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What criteria do you use to analyze ICOs?  (Read 388 times)
Trcream (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 09:14:38 AM

Hey guys, I am trying to develop a model to price and score ICOs. I believe this model can potentially help a lot of people. By developing a model that is as objective as possible, I can start to accurately rank and score ICOs. This will help to weed through all of the scams and junk out there. I just wanted to know what are some objective criteria that you use???

The things I can think of so far.

Team- Various objective criteria
Coin- Various objective data like hard cap and discount
Vision- What needs are the project solving
Project Value- which blockchain, status of product, alpha, beta stage etc..
Concerns- competiton
etc...

I appreciate any input! Thanks

☛ CBNT☚
-Create Breaking News Together- (https://web.cbnt.io/)
Frank76

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:55:34 PM

Hi. I think, main criterion is idea and mission of project, team and, activity social media of project.
Martinkuhn

Activity: 161
Merit: 1

0xf54CA5618b90810722B0e833DC150a97743A40B4

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:07:16 PM

I think there are several criteria but the following matters a lot to me.

1) Gap in current environment - A solution is needed and this ICO is the first to come up with the solution

2) Team members and advisor with previous success - If members or advisors had previous ICO success, thats a good point

3) A MVP or prototype - A minimum viable product or a prototype

These are some criteria that I look for to analyze an ICO.

M E D I C H A I N ¦ The Medical Big - Data Platform ¦ M E D I C H A I N (https://medichain.online/)
 SAVING LIVES WITH BLOCKCHAIN
Sarastiche

Activity: 532

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:13:29 PM

The  following can help out,ensure you analyse and clearly state  your roadmap and Market target.
btcjoin14

Activity: 891
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:15:38 PM

Hi. I think, main criterion is idea and mission of project, team and, activity social media of project.
I like to do that as well along with talking to the people that are in the project. If they don't know how to do anything then the project is a dud.
Pechalka

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:58:44 PM

Guys, there is excellent thread about it. May be you go to there https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2822896.0 ? Author mahe hard work. And all opinions in one place will be better than everywhere

oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:07:50 PM

Different users have different criteria in analyzing the ICO success.. Most of the time I give consideration to the real time use of the respective project behind the particular ico.
MCVXYZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:10:07 PM

First of all I am reading about ICO team information, in particular its important to understand how trustworthy they are,or for example how many developers,PR managers,etc they have.If they have enaugh qualification and good PR manager,also how trustworthy are their social pages,programers and other,anyway there are a lot of small details which you need to define because there are a lot of fake projects and it will not be good to lose trust from socity.the idea is not bad if people use it to find ICOs with really good potential.
aalborg

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:12:01 PM

Hey guys, I am trying to develop a model to price and score ICOs. I believe this model can potentially help a lot of people. By developing a model that is as objective as possible, I can start to accurately rank and score ICOs. This will help to weed through all of the scams and junk out there. I just wanted to know what are some objective criteria that you use???

Concerns- competiton
etc...

Look at rating agencies, although they get money for reviews and I wouldn't believe them, they use similar methodology to score ICOs. So, your model is up-to-date , but I would add size of community and brand awareness
Valturbo

Activity: 151
Merit: 12

Blockchain Identity Verification

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:27:48 PM

In addition to the foregoing, I draw attention to the bounty manager who leads the project. Practice shows that a competent approach to project PR is the key to success.

heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:42:44 PM

You have given good analysis on what to check out for before purchasing or participating in an  ICO. Among of points, i would like to add that a coin or an ICO that will success, would have started following her roadmap right from the inception of the project. If there is any bridge in the roadmap, the ICO might likely not succeed.
HongKong

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:45:32 PM

In addition to the foregoing, I draw attention to the bounty manager who leads the project. Practice shows that a competent approach to project PR is the key to success.
If they have a person that is willing to stay online pretty much all day then they can get more business. I'd want to see something like that while having something other than a coin.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
yomarve

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

https://cryptotvplus.com

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 08:51:57 PM

Ranking a project is subject to the investment needs of an individual but I would say I rank projects n can only invest in them if:

- They have a working product
- Have already existing business
- Ability to fill a missing gap n fulfil needs people didn't think they needed.
- Good marketing head
- Community support (not hypes) etc

https://cryptotvplus.com
Xcvbkol

Activity: 280

EQUAL Network Token

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:04:05 PM

There are a lot of discussions on this topic at the forum. I think there should be a smart contract and you need to read the white paper

bigdogdan2

Activity: 252
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:06:14 PM
Merited by Zero1One0 (1)

This is good from cryptorangutang.

OPEN Platform | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱Blockchain's First Payment API❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram
max6575

Activity: 1176

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 09:07:32 PM

as expending use with details of customs with returns from works of the modest examination,
investors might collects with request as gathering numbers with the target on projection as referring the limit as exchanging expends on decision as submitting risks to put with the table of market with the platform.

ORiN

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:11:06 PM

The more criteria you consider, the better. I usually start with the title of the project, it should be understandable and pleasant to pronounce otherwise the matter will not go far.
yura_878

Activity: 308

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:13:49 PM

Concerns- competiton
etc...

Personally, I use indicators such as the team, the level of popularity and the amount that the project wants to collect. Since many projects too many allow themselves, they collect huge sums of money and do nothing

lyons

Activity: 294

Vertex.Market, the World's First ICO Aftermarket

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:48:25 PM

I think the success of an ICO is directly related to team. Also, I think it is a really low possibility that an ICO which has not an innovative idea can be successful. And finally I can say that, good communication is a very important factor.

Tharel

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:56:14 PM

Before joining an ICO make sure that the project is reliable, efficient and has a good background. Know it's mission and vision which defines it's value and of course the team members and advisor, All these are important in determining if an ICO will succeed.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: