Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:17:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What criteria do you use to analyze ICOs?  (Read 388 times)
1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:12:51 PM

Hey guys, I am trying to develop a model to price and score ICOs. I believe this model can potentially help a lot of people. By developing a model that is as objective as possible, I can start to accurately rank and score ICOs. This will help to weed through all of the scams and junk out there. I just wanted to know what are some objective criteria that you use???

The things I can think of so far.

Team- Various objective criteria
Coin- Various objective data like hard cap and discount
Vision- What needs are the project solving
Project Value- which blockchain, status of product, alpha, beta stage etc..
Concerns- competiton
etc...

I appreciate any input! Thanks

I think your criteria is perfectly fine to weight any ico and its rating. I myself invested in VLB token and weighted the ICO on these paramters. I found they have a great team to work with and have a great vision for the future too. Their token sale also looks good as their capital requirement completely suits up with their project expectations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rudox

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:16:01 PM

The criteria normally for good ICO are  the content of the white paper, is it a concept that is achievable? what is the product that the team tends to established and who are the project team members and what experience do they have, have any of them been involved in any similar project were they successful? After you research and you are satisfied with the outcome then go ahead and invest in that ico.
ferrybitcoin.1996

Activity: 294
Merit: 119

For Bounty Hunters, Don't Cheat or You DIE!!

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 04:18:36 PM

~
I think your criteria is perfectly fine to weight any ico and its rating. ~
I am see that VLB has unique concept in Auto Industry, but i dont know how ICOBench has given under 4 Score.
In 2018 many Project based on automotive, we can see Cube with their Autonomous Car, and it makes investors attract and spend on that project.

keepboxm

Activity: 229
Merit: 170

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:10:43 PM

The first thing imho its the idea itself. It should be the idea that may become real. Then comes the team with or without MVP. And the rest at the end:)
wanted sliter

Activity: 398
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:13:36 PM
Merited by kikhtr (1)

I rely on many factors, can be as follows:
The most important first is the idea of ??the project is new or not? Overlap with previous projects?
Next is their dev team is really good and reliable. Who are their partners? How long does it take?
How does their community support it? and updates on their media channels

█▐█ ██   100xCoin   ██ █▌█     {  On Our Way to $1B Market Cap & Beyond  }
⦁  Whitepaper  ⦁    Telegram    ⦁      Twitter      ⦁     Medium     ⦁      Reddit      ⦁
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:15:31 PM

The project must try to solve a problem which cannot be solved by Bitcoin or any of the other existing cryptocurrencies. If this is not the case, it is most likely a gimmick-scam of sorts. Even if it's not technically a scam, it may be most likely an unnecessary project.

Now this doesn't mean it cannot be lucrative. Confidence and marketing goes a long way. A well marketed product can bring huge profits, even if it's not really revolutionary or gamechanging, so if you are here for pure profit, research the project and the marketing team.
goku19

Activity: 395
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:17:04 PM

Well I am also new in ICO investing and just invested in 2 very successful ICO’s but ended up in loss... one of them was trade.io was very hyped and generated good funding in the ICO but don’t know why It just keep going down after entering exchanges...I think doesn’t matter how much you analize the ICO but you need some luck as well so good luck
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:15:26 PM

I don't use criteria anymore, and that isn't because I hop into every ICO. To me if the coin actually is a viable solution to what we have now, how come we can't airdrop and build a community around it? I prefer this method of distribution, and see no need for ICOs other than grabbing money from newbies.

First of all, Do you know what is the real of essence of ICO in the first place. ICO is for an initial funding for the start up project so without this kind of funding then a project will never be started especially if the devs team is not financially capable to start a project. Airdrop is a good way to distribute free tokens in different people but airdrop is use too by the devs to scam. Giving free tokens and then once listed on the exchange. OFC there will be a liquidity because of airdrop hunter selling their tokens which is what other newbie investor mistakenly saw as it's​ an active trading. Once the price pump due to newbie investors then the devs will dump their pre-mine coin and abandoned the project. There is so many history just like this one. So Airdrop alone is a big no.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: