Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:44:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Chose the Best Crypto Wallet  (Read 142 times)
Crytptomeniac (OP)

Activity: 240
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:05:40 AM

Id like to know how to chose a good wallet for my crypto currency storage, not sure how to which is the best and how to look at the pointers and areas of weaknesses of wallets, there are plenty in the market. Kindly assist
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6162

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:08:20 AM

Weaknesses:

- Doesn't give you control over your private keys
- not open source
- No custom/dynamic fees

If you find something without these things, take it. multi coin wallets usually don't provide these things so It's better to go with a hardware wallet.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
I.Grozni

Activity: 588
Merit: 286

Coinomi multi-coin HD wallet

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:31:08 PM

Hardware wallets are expensive if you do not have a great value in crypto currencies. A paper wallet is the safest one if you want to buy and keep the crypto currencies. Web wallets are too insecure and I would not advise at all. Original wallets have to be synchronized, requiring huge disk space on the computer.

My proposal is the Coinomi multi-coin HD wallet that supports many crypto currencies and ERC20 tokens. Since the lightweight wallet is a nice interface and very safe it can easily be used on the Android smartphone. The versions for iOS, Windows, Linux and MacOS are in beta https://coinomi.com/
Digital Mutant

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:55:45 PM

can u explain better which kind of wallet are you looking for? for which coins?
there are a lot of possibilities, hardware, online, paper....
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:27:16 PM

Id like to know how to chose a good wallet for my crypto currency storage, not sure how to which is the best and how to look at the pointers and areas of weaknesses of wallets, there are plenty in the market. Kindly assist
You did perfect thing to know best wallet, you asked people.
In past multibit was best, now leader of wallets is electrum im quite sure.
There are minor wallets, more private, slower, faster but people will tell u which is the best.
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:49:01 AM

For storage, use a paper wallet or hardware wallet. Hardware wallets make it more convenient to send your coins, but in my opinion, paper wallets are a little safer. Both are pretty safe and good for long term storage because you control the private keys. Never store coins on an exchange. Just keep them there if you are trading. Otherwise, more them to a wallet that allows you to control the keys.
wwtt1210

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 06:30:01 AM

ledger nano s have been really great for me. never had an issue
Kunzaii

Activity: 101
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:17:14 AM

If you're planning to hodl your coins, a ledger is indeed one of the best things you can choose! If you're trading a lot, just go for the exchange wallets (watch out with forks).

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
hunterxx4

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:23:11 AM

Which exchange is good and reliable for trading?
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 10:00:06 AM

Which exchange is good and reliable for trading?

There are multiple good exchanges out there but it depends on the requirements of the trader to pick the best one. If you are willing to learn trading then make sure that the exchange has lower fees, good reputation, good security features and most important the trade volume. Some exchanges also have the deposit fee so if you are starting with the micro amount then make sure there is no deposit fee for the exchange.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: