Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:49:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to have one wallet for all cryptos?  (Read 694 times)
bahula33

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:19:02 PM

Technically speaking, is it possible to have one wallet for all cryptocurrencies?

It is such a big pain that we have to use o many wallets if we want to trade many altcoins.
as far as I know for now there is no wallet for all crypto, but that does not mean no, maybe soon there is a wallet for all crypto whether it's when Huh
martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:19:14 PM

Cryptocurrencies have many kind of wallet, its possible to store at one wallet if you have only erc20 token for altcoins like myetherwallet. But most of us has many kind of coins that supports different wallet, so its not possible mate that we can store them in one because its not compatible
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:20:15 PM

It is not possible yet because there are lots of new crypto currencies are created per day so none of the wallets can't support all coins for now but in future where the useless coins were fade away and only the potential coin will stand at that time some will be created to hold all the cryptos.
Until that you can use hardware wallets to store crypto currencies and MEW to store the tokens.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
ACCOUNTSTRADER

Activity: 176
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:21:42 PM

I sometimes use coinpayments, good wallet for all cryptos, and  dont have very high FEEs. Wink
nick_nick

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:23:58 PM

There is of course a possibility of this, but for security I would only stick to a dedicated wallet, we must not forget there are many Blockchains and sidetokens and of course differing algos for the coins and tokens, let's keep it simple eh.
I really support your argument. Its possible to use one wallet for all cryptos but for security and simplicity sake; let stick to a dedicated wallet
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:24:09 PM

Technically speaking, is it possible to have one wallet for all cryptocurrencies?
It is such a big pain that we have to use o many wallets if we want to trade many altcoins.
Do you mean having one address for all cryptocurrency? if yes, it is not possible because all cryptocurrencies have their own blockchain that stores all of its data. If you really mean wallet, there are multi asset wallets that allows you to store/hold different kinds of cryptocurrencies such as exodus, coinomi, jaxx or you can just buy a hardware wallet but only have limited supported cryptocurrency but much secured than those softwares. For trading there are exchanges that supports almost all cryptocurrency but of course it is not safe to store your funds there for a long period of time.
Dadan

Activity: 788
Merit: 273

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:27:15 PM

There are lots of wallets for tokes, but it does not make much sense for you to torture that if ever there's a wallet for all the crypto coins it's likely that all the payers will register on the wallet to do just because they're all will make that wallet and forgot their wallets. So fuzzy that you are thinking of because it's a wallet that all crypto can put on.
https://doc.satoshilabs.com/trezor-faq/overview.html#which-coins-are-currently-supported
ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:37:54 PM

Yes you can, wallet for all cryptocurrency you can use coinomi. Coinomi is an offline wallet that can be used to store all of your cryptocurrency coins. But Coinomi just you can use in mobile phone only, to make it very easy you can download in your android device.
Lovecove

Activity: 161
Merit: 38

(Thank you for all the merit =) ) ~Lovecove!

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:40:50 PM

In a crypto world where more and more people are buying into more and more different kinds of altcoins, a centralized wallet system is becoming more in-demand.

It's a little ironic because crypto is decentralized, yet we're looking for centralized solutions.

I do believe that this is inevitable, simply because there's a demand and someone will try to supply.

It's not hard either. If you're on an exchange that supports multiple altcoins + btc, then that exchange already sort of acts as a "central wallet."

In that sense, you'd just need to make a hardware/online/desktop wallet with an interface that can access a backend that stores and manages multiple altcoins/bitcoin addresses and private keys. As I said, exchanges already do this... so if you just remove the trading aspect, then there you have a wallet that can do all this Smiley

Visit now if you're interested in buying these domains: EtherMining.org, CryptoMovement.org, Bitcoiner.Co
RivAngE

Activity: 728
Merit: 169

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:44:47 PM

As of now there are some multi crypto supported wallets are available but there is no wallet which can support all the crypto currencies,but in future there maybe wallets will be created according to the needs but now the hardware wallets like Ledger Nano S supports most of the reputed cryptos and some ERC20 tokens so you can use it now,and Coinomi is also another best multi supported crypto wallet.

Ledger Nano S technically supports EVERY ERC20 since it supports Ethereum. You just activate its Browser support, visit myetherwallet.com, choose whatever action you want (view, send etc), choose connection method "Ledger Nano S", voila! You have access to whatever token has been sent to your Ethereum address.

EDIT: Oh and it also works with MetaMask. I've tried it once but I'm not very experienced with it.
MisterPrada

Activity: 179
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:47:12 PM

I'd love to have a multi-currency, multi-platform (or online) wallet that can not only hold just about every cryptocurrency there is (ETH, BTC, DGE, DGX, ETC, LTC, etc...), but also allows me to have multiple wallets of each (say, one for savings & one for spending), and doesn't own my private keys.
vhiancs

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

--=oOo=--

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:49:20 PM

Here in my country there is a wallet that can receives two crypto currency which is called "COINS.PH" bitcoin currency and Ethereum it's just a new update maybe some of users of this wallet did not know yet that the coins.ph wallet can be used for Ethereum currency already.
athiftammam2018

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:54:03 PM

If I think it could be if the base of each token using the standard ERC20 because the existing wallet using this system. For example, MyEtherWallet or MetaMask. But there are also some bounty campaigns that require to use the wallet from their own making so they can receive the results of their work.

( M P C X )  Revolution Starts Here!  ( M P C X )
Digital Crypto Wealth Management Platform
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 3769

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 01:56:26 PM

There are more than 1531 cryptocurrencies and it’s impossible to find app supports all these cryptocurrencies.
Technically yes, you can get 1 wallet for all cryptocurrencies but anyone can make its own coin.
coinomi supports the most cryptocurrencies more than any other wallet. "more than 64 coins"
if you have enough knowledge you can make your own wallet.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 02:02:38 PM

Having in mind the number of existing cryptocurrencies this would be difficult to performe. Also from security aspect this is not advisable. Don't you think that is too risky to keep all your funds in all currencies in just one wallet?
But still there are some wallets that support multiple currenices, mostly the bigest ones Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin. Ledger Nano is one of them.

malaj
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:18:48 PM

No, at least I haven't heard of any. I don't think that storing all your cryptocurrencies in one wallet is a good idea. Then, if you lose your password or get hacked - you lose everything, if you have different wallets the risk of such event is way lower.
arthotdog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:21:41 PM

but its more painful that if you got hacked ung one wallet right?thats why even though there will be a single wallet for all cryptocoins i will never avail that.i would rather get hurt of many wallets than losing in single wallet.try to think about that.yes comfortability is indeed.but for me security is more valuable than comfort
tekusa

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:22:46 PM

There are some wallets which supports many cryptos but having one wallet saving all cryptos is hard but not impossible.

Can you give some examples ? I tried finding any such exchange in my country but all of them give different wallet address for different crypto. This feature can be quite handy in my opinion especially for people who are providing services or products in exchange of bitcoins. Sometimes buyer demand to pay in  a particular currency and it becomes a headache to create and store a new wallet for each crypto. If an exchange comes with support for all coins in single wallet address, it will be a massive hit.
reck1ess

Activity: 350
Merit: 30

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:57:10 AM

It's possible, but I think it will take time to adopt it on the existing platforms. There are platforms that accepts many cryptos, but not all cyptocurrencies. There's no impossible with technology, however it will take more time to accept this kind of changes.

Sar elok

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:04:00 AM

It is possible that in the future there is a wallet that supports all cryptocurrency. Currently I think the wallet application is currently expanding
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: