Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:40:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to have one wallet for all cryptos?  (Read 684 times)
knggtrrz

Activity: 118
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:19:11 PM

Well i think it is possible, because a wallet is only a storage unit so one can create this, and i think that there is one already, but as far as i am using I have separate wallets for my tokens and bitcoin. Creating a wallet that can hold all kinds of cryptos will be phenomenal because there is no hassle of accessing multiple wallets just to get your tokens.

You are right, it will be very useful to all of us if one wallet will be created for all our cryptos but might also have risks once hacked or compromised. Anyway let's see what technology can do for it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elachious123

Activity: 198

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:24:31 PM

It is possible to have one wallet that has multiple option for different coin. Many new upcoming Cryptocurrency Exchange project has this feature, I believe it will be possible soonest.
jamesblue1

Activity: 47
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:29:22 PM

There is no chance for it to happen. 1st is because these wallets are competing from each other, they just want to be the best. having only one crypto means removing the competition in market, in other word "monopoly" ,thus making only budget for few people.
Wahanna

Activity: 170
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 04:15:15 PM

Yes it is possible especially to mew for erc20 token.
because a wallet is only a storage unit so one can create this, and i think that there is one already. But it is not advisable to store your coins in exchange as it is risky to store over there...
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 03:14:57 AM

Yes it is possible especially to mew for erc20 token.
because a wallet is only a storage unit so one can create this, and i think that there is one already. But it is not advisable to store your coins in exchange as it is risky to store over there...

For ethereum base tokens then MEW would be ideal because you can store different kind of tokens there but it is not advisable to just put your coin in a single wallet because if the wallet is hacked then you can lose all of it so better divide your tokens to different wallets. I know coinomi supports different blockchain so you can choose to store your coins there. Just check the app if your coins are supported there but if possible, just store your coins to different wallets and do not be bothered by different wallets because it is for your own safety too.

Rhosadah
Copper Member

Activity: 383
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:10:18 AM

if for a coin using a smart contract ERC20 can all be one address, for other coins can not because each has a different platform.
nicer lots of wallets to avoid from the theft wallet, for all your coins.
watergold

Activity: 1218
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:40:52 PM

technically there may be a wallet making that can be used in a container as it has been made with the MEW or often in myetherwallet call. the future could allow for a new wallet that can store all the coin ALT with more features. Smiley Smiley

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
1xBit.com BENEFIT SEASON
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
PLAY NOW
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 325

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:41:56 PM

Technically speaking, is it possible to have one wallet for all cryptocurrencies?

It is such a big pain that we have to use o many wallets if we want to trade many altcoins.
Deal with it because not all coins would just only on a single platform yet we do know there are several platforms where coins do make used on but the most common one is erc20 token based which we can see it everywhere yet its easy to make a coin on this one thats why its not questionable why most projects do rely on this one.In this case we can make use of certain wallet for these coins like MEW.
For other coin platofrm they do have significant wallet which you would need to download for it to be stored.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
badykvik

Activity: 895
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:48:38 AM

Yes, it is very possible to have just one wallet for all your crypto but it is also advisable have more than one wallet for your crypto because it is not good to keep all your eggs in one basket incase a problem arise, you will be able to have other means till you solve the problem.
jackjackfly

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

To buy or not to buy - that is the question ;)

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:53:37 PM

Technically it is possible, if the wallet is integrated with needed blockchain. But usually wallets differ by blockchain. An ethereum wallet stores ETH and all custom tokens based on Ethereum standards

Wanna tame crypto? Join our Cryptotamers community https://t.me/cryptotamers =)
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:04:45 PM

Technically it is possible, if the wallet is integrated with needed blockchain. But usually wallets differ by blockchain. An ethereum wallet stores ETH and all custom tokens based on Ethereum standards

i agree . bitcoin and altcoin are usually seperated because both of them do have a different blockchain . however there is still  a wallet that supports all of the cryptos , one example is coinomi wallet . coinomi wallet is a crypto wallet that can be downloaded on playstore ( for android ) i dont know if coinomi is also available on apple and on pc versions . anyway , coinomi wallet do supports both bitcoin and other altcoins as well as tokens like erc20  .
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:42:16 PM

I think you mean to say the MEW wallet to confirm the acceptance of ethereum and tokens. Actually multiple currency crypto wallets are available in the market mate. If you want to use that kind of one. Please go with Jaxx, Coinpayments or Coinomi wallets.
These wallets are accepting bitcoin, ethereum and many more coins. For web wallet you can go with Coinbase.

There is no any security problems to have the funds on wallet except exchange wallet.
Irvanremok

Activity: 210

Masa Depan Kerja

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:30:01 PM

I guess to have one wallet is not enough to store your alcoin.
why I say can not. because the alcoin has a different address or code if you maximize it's wallet mew it can only save the coin that has address ox prefix that can be stored in purse mew. if you have a different token then you have to create a new wallet to store your alcoin. if you have enough alcoin and different then you should have some own personal wallet to store your coin.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
Whitepaper﹞﹝ANN THREAD﹞﹝TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK﹞﹝TWITTER﹞﹝YOUTUBE
Tatzky

Activity: 162
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:16:45 PM

NO!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Because there are projects that have there on wallet and they want their wallet to keep their own token securely and with a high security and not all token is not ERC20 so you can not keep them on MEW wallet.

▐|     KRYPTOBITS     ▐|   THE NEXT GENERATION EXCHANGE
●》 Pre ICO start on May 17th 2018     [     kryptobits.com     ]
bitcoin.beda

Activity: 770
Merit: 11

quarkchain.io

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:42:57 AM

As of now, there is none, but I like the idea of this. A wallet that is capable of all the blockchain as well their tokens.
I think this is in work in progress, it is hard but I think it is possible to do, as we are in the early stage of cryptocurrency.

quarkchain.io
jackjackfly

Activity: 322

To buy or not to buy - that is the question ;)

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:04:25 AM

I think you mean to say the MEW wallet to confirm the acceptance of ethereum and tokens. Actually multiple currency crypto wallets are available in the market mate. If you want to use that kind of one. Please go with Jaxx, Coinpayments or Coinomi wallets.
These wallets are accepting bitcoin, ethereum and many more coins. For web wallet you can go with Coinbase.

There is no any security problems to have the funds on wallet except exchange wallet.
Oh yeah, my typo. Wasn't checking what I was writing. Yeah you are right, I wanted to say My ether wallet for an example of wallet. And thank you, for example I didn't know Jaxx wallet supports several cryptos

Wanna tame crypto? Join our Cryptotamers community https://t.me/cryptotamers =)
shushle

Activity: 336
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 11:54:54 AM

A single wallet for all cryptocurrencies will not work because of technical reasons. Coins can be on the eth, NEO. If you want convenience, then there should be few wallets, and if you want not to lose everything, if you hack the wallet, then you better have a couple of wallets. Grin

│   F Λ N C H Λ I N   by SportsCastr   │     A sports token that knows your favorite team
(     Private Sale OPEN on QRYPΓOS     )          ►   WHITEPAPER   ◄
[   TWITTER     FACEBOOK     REDDIT     ANN THREAD     TELEGRAM     INSTAGRAM   ]
FoBoT

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:35:44 PM

Technically speaking, is it possible to have one wallet for all cryptocurrencies?

It is such a big pain that we have to use o many wallets if we want to trade many altcoins.
Yes, it is possible to have one wallet for all crypto but it is good and advisable to diversify your funds into different wallet so that you will have something to fall on when a wallet has any problem. You should learn to spread your funds into different wallets that are very good and also secure.
xclusiveguy

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 03:45:31 PM

A single wallet for all cryptocurrencies will not work because of technical reasons. Coins can be on the eth, NEO. If you want convenience, then there should be few wallets, and if you want not to lose everything, if you hack the wallet, then you better have a couple of wallets
Xuaquing141

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 05:31:33 PM

One wallet store all crypto is imposible. Alot of token which based on the different platform and these have the own wallet to store. For example, the Mew wallet based on Erc 20 which can not store BTC or Neo... which is the token based on the different platform. BTC only can store in BTC wallet, Neo and some token in Neo-ecosystem can only store in Neo wallet..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: