Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:00:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I just bet over half of my crypto money on this dark horse...  (Read 774 times)
leea-1334

Activity: 2268
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:07:42 PM

I'm silently looking into hexx since the reborn ANN, and I feel everyday more confident about this coin.

Since then, a lot of work has been done and so many issues have been fixed. They were able to make a fork, update the core, implement masternodes, change the coin fund system and they actually succeded all this tasks in about two months (not to mention website, exxplorer, white paper...).

What I see now is a growing community focused on an ambitious plan: merging HXX with BTC, creating BTCX (with a 1:1 ratio airdrop). No need to explain how HUGE this could be...

Someone wrote that they don't have a product. According to me they are creating something that is really needed: a community driver, finally really private (zerocoin with the most reliable parameters), democratic (only CPU mineable), more scalable Bitcoin (2,5min x 4Mb block), with masternodes... This is light years ahead of the only one competitor (Bitcoin Private), and surely the first and only so far BTC fork that grab my attention.

I hope this community continue this great work as they did in this early stages... Stay focused guys and keep going!!!

PS: by the way, even if I agree with 99% of the original post, I think that owning 50% of the portfolio in an extremely low-cap like HXX is too risky, I will never suggest that... I strongly bealive that the only coin that deserves such treatment is BTC

I struggle to understand how these products on anonymous coins can be valued so highly at the moment. Just to say, I only hold Monero, and a little bit of Verge (purely speculative, I do not think it will last), and yes. I get that all the other anon coins are more private, more technologically superior, and all that, but it is pretty pointless until it is needed.

I know! Get it cheap now and hold until it is needed two or three years later, but I prefer to stick to Monero - it already works, it can still catch up to the rest, it expands and improves as is needed, not as we think it may be needed.

Bitcoin fork by the way, I just automatically dismiss them.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:40:37 PM

I'm silently looking into hexx since the reborn ANN, and I feel everyday more confident about this coin.

Since then, a lot of work has been done and so many issues have been fixed. They were able to make a fork, update the core, implement masternodes, change the coin fund system and they actually succeded all this tasks in about two months (not to mention website, exxplorer, white paper...).

What I see now is a growing community focused on an ambitious plan: merging HXX with BTC, creating BTCX (with a 1:1 ratio airdrop). No need to explain how HUGE this could be...

Someone wrote that they don't have a product. According to me they are creating something that is really needed: a community driver, finally really private (zerocoin with the most reliable parameters), democratic (only CPU mineable), more scalable Bitcoin (2,5min x 4Mb block), with masternodes... This is light years ahead of the only one competitor (Bitcoin Private), and surely the first and only so far BTC fork that grab my attention.

I hope this community continue this great work as they did in this early stages... Stay focused guys and keep going!!!

PS: by the way, even if I agree with 99% of the original post, I think that owning 50% of the portfolio in an extremely low-cap like HXX is too risky, I will never suggest that... I strongly bealive that the only coin that deserves such treatment is BTC

I struggle to understand how these products on anonymous coins can be valued so highly at the moment. Just to say, I only hold Monero, and a little bit of Verge (purely speculative, I do not think it will last), and yes. I get that all the other anon coins are more private, more technologically superior, and all that, but it is pretty pointless until it is needed.

I know! Get it cheap now and hold until it is needed two or three years later, but I prefer to stick to Monero - it already works, it can still catch up to the rest, it expands and improves as is needed, not as we think it may be needed.

Yes you cant make bitcoin forks untraceable unless you do like ZCash with trusted setup. Not to mention huge RAM needed to send such transaction there.  Any developer claiming opposite is lying.  Just read what cryptographers write about it.
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:47:39 PM

This coin has pumped up big from its last month's low price of $0.17 and that too in this down market so that is impressive.
That said, investing half your portfolio in a single small marketcap coin is a very high risk gamble.
Andamus

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:44:54 AM

The thing is that HEXX is totally undervalued right now. There is absolutely no hype at all. Just a lot of concrete work-in-progress.

Comparing Monero with Hexx about privacy is a matter of trust: I prefere open source with secure settings that even devs cannot counterfeit...

Talking about speculation: HXX supply 1.5M + market cap 2.9M + upcoming BTCX fork in Q3 (giving HXX the same importance of BTC as of the 1:1 airdrop) = no explanation needed, it is simple economics...

About BTC forks, I usually dismiss them, but this time is different: I think I'm going to enjoy this one... a lot!
nwo99 (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 2

Looking for a good project

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:32:27 AM

Well, looks like the hype has started, and I'm in the GREEN  Grin
Funny this is if I had bought BTC or Ethereum I would've lost a good third-half of my investment.
Where as in HEXX, that "little, high risk" coin, I've made a 62.5% profit so far ...

Looking for a good project to work on
okissabam

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 12:07:15 PM

Honestly I think this coin does have a future, and the fact that the amount being circulated is not that much I assume this coin will soon increase its value bit only time will tell. And HEXX is undervalued right now but wait till this coin will be discovered by investors, it is actually a great coin. And it would be one of the coins I would invest too once I have the budget.
light22man

Activity: 311
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 12:29:21 PM

Intresting coin, low supply,  good price everything as I like. I think I will buy more maybe even start a node.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
cryptocurrencyguru

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 12:52:53 PM

high-risk high reward u are gambling in big-time hope for the best all the best its good to trust one coin for ultimate riches
leea-1334

Activity: 2268
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 02:47:38 PM

Well, looks like the hype has started, and I'm in the GREEN  Grin
Funny this is if I had bought BTC or Ethereum I would've lost a good third-half of my investment.
Where as in HEXX, that "little, high risk" coin, I've made a 62.5% profit so far ...

Good luck holding on to that. I am sort of envious of all thes privacy coin holders who find themselves up a lot suddenly. But also I am wary after my personal experience with Verge. Yes, I fell for the hype. Not too badly, sure, but I am in a slight loss buying at what I thought was the dip.

Noting also that you said "bet" and this is exactly what we do when we buy on these small value coins, gambling for their price to suddenly up. Good luck to you.

.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

whaawh

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 04:14:22 PM

Honestly I think this coin does have a future, and the fact that the amount being circulated is not that much I assume this coin will soon increase its value bit only time will tell. And HEXX is undervalued right now but wait till this coin will be discovered by investors, it is actually a great coin. And it would be one of the coins I would invest too once I have the budget.
why not talk about the reason for this choice? If you think that this project is very promising and you have the desire to invest and forever, then something in common is to convince you. Can you share the reasons that prompted you to make such a choice?
nwo99 (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 11:46:40 PM

why not talk about the reason for this choice? If you think that this project is very promising and you have the desire to invest and forever, then something in common is to convince you. Can you share the reasons that prompted you to make such a choice?

What about all the reasons that I listed in the OP?
And that was even before I knew about the BitcoinZeroX Fork!
I like doubt because it keeps you from making mistakes, but when it's not founded it can also make you miss on opportunities.

bobitza202

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:24:58 PM

Look at that  Tongue

winterland

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:53:09 PM

Note: Article written on 28 February so some prices may have changed

I just did something that I thought I’d never do…

I’ve just bet more than half of my crypto money on one dark horse…

It’s HEXX.

I have never been an analyst or a financial advisor but I think it would be plain dumb not to do so at the moment. It doesn’t take a crystal ball to realize that investing in this coin right now will be extremely lucrative:

1-   HEXX is a zero coin that is focused on privacy. If the devs manage to implement zerocoin technology correctly into HEXX then this means it would allow anybody to transfer money to a recipient without leaving virtually any trace of the transaction (as claimed by he devs). More info about zero coin here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zerocoin

2-   Only 1.5 million coins are currently in existence (28 Feb. 2018) and a rather small amount of these will ever be traded daily (for reasons you will read below) so the least influx of money into HEXX will reflect hugely on the individual coin price.

3-   It is very probably that thousands of the 1.5 mil HEXX coins are forever LOST.  For those who don’t know, HEXX was first introduced in 2015 and was recently picked by a new team of developers. This means that a lot of HEXX wallets have probably been damaged or abandoned by the owner who died or thought it was forever worthless. Take a look at the top owners here (https://chainz.cryptoid.info/hxx/#!rich ) and you will notice that most of the big whales haven’t touched their accounts in months or even years. They of course may come back to cash in at any moment. But even if 10% of them are unaware of the revival or have lost/misplaced their coins, then that would mean that thousands of coins are out of the game and this would constitute a reasonable percentage of the 1.5 mil coins.

4-   Mining results in only 576 new coins every day(as far as the devs have told me). That means that the amount of new coins joining the market every year will only be 200k, meaning they will do very little to dilute the price of existing coins. At this rate, it would take 40 years for all 10 million possible coins to be in circulation.

5-   Those who own large amounts of HEXX will have to keep holding 2000 HEXX coins each if they are to set an Xnode and get rewarded for it. So if only 100 people in the whole world decided to set xnodes this means that 200.000 coins will be “frozen” in xnodes and not traded in exchanges. That’s over 13% of all circulating coins at the moment!

6-   Unlike other Zerocoins like ZOIN, HEXX is not affected by the Zerobug which means that it retains its feature as totally anonymous. (As per the developers)

7-   I don’t know code but I have repeatedly heard from people not related to the project (or even opposed to it in one case!) that the code of the project on github is solid, which means that the devs behind the project are competent and know what they are doing.

8-   It has a nice, catchy name and cool logo design. HEXX is hexdecimal and it rhymes with sex! So it’s sexy electronic money and I like it! Take a look at the names of other coins traded today: Canyacoin? ToaCoin? Seriously?  Please don’t think my point is ridiculous. Never underestimate the psychological factor. Big companies pay top dollar to analysts and market consultants to repackage their products into the most appealing form possible and they locate a big budget for it because they know that the presentation is extremely important. I personally think that certain coins like electroneum would have never got where they are now if it weren’t for their tight names.

9-   The coins are so ridiculously and unjustly undervalued at this point. At the time I’m writing this (28/2) the individual HEXX is being sold for a pathetic $1.6. So if you fork out a miserly $1000 now that should get you 625 HEXX and if the coin reaches a market cap of ONLY 15 million that means that the coin will go up to $10 and you will make a cool %625 ROI. And if it goes to 30 mil then that ROI will double. Go ahead and visit coinmarketcap.com and take a look at coins with 30 Mil marketcaps. They are all worthless shitcoins and so easy to beat. I mean come on! Even BITCONNECT has a current market cap of 28 mil!! You think a privacy coin with 1.5 mil coins can't beat that?

10-   Now with the whitepaper coming out on the 1st of March and the forking to the new system taking place the next day I expect the price to SOAR to stellar heights.

But despite being extremely optimistic of this project I think it’s my ethical duty to also explain all the worrying things about HEXX:

1-   It’s not on major exchanges: Currently only on Yobit and cryptopia. I think this is the major reason why this coin is so undervalued, but if it grows to the point that it makes it to a major exchange then you may become a millionaire depending on how much you’ve invested in it.

2-   The current team of developers behind HEXX is anonymous. I told them that putting real names and pictures will help the project but they politely pointed out that privacy is their motto and revealing themselves would run counter to this. But after all, even Mr. Nakamoto himself chose to be anonymous….

3-   If HEXX will really manage to make it’s transactions totally untraceable then it will be a matter of time before it becomes the favourite form of payment for hackers and ransomwares. And if the name gets mentioned even once in a high profile criminal story then we will have a media circus and the governments will crackdown on it as an exceptionally dangerous crypto. However as new legislations are pretty slow to pass I don’t expect this to happen for another three years at least.

Conclusion: Buying HEXX at the moment is a no brainer and HODL strong as the price skyrockets more and more because you’re up for a treat!

Disclaimer: I obviously own HEXX but I have no connection whatsoever with the developer(s) apart from interacting very superficially with them here and on discord and I was neither asked nor promised a reward by anybody to write this opinion. I am NOT a financial advisor and my conclusions may be flawed. Trading is a highly risky activity so please do your own research and due diligence before making any financial decision.

I do not know if this particular coin is going to be as successful as you think I'll need to look into it more closely because I do not remember hearing of this coin, however it is no secret that some of the best investments that you can make are anonymity coins for the simple reason that when regulation comes to the market there is going to be a real need for some people for those coins.
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:57:25 PM

What is happening with this coin, $7 and going to $8, over 160% price growth in a day. Do anyone know what is particularly going on, if this were to be on  Yobit I would have said this is someone selling to himself just to create market attention but I don't think this happen on cryptopia. What a great pump in a current market state

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
aussiesloth

Activity: 266
Merit: 41

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:09:12 AM

Well, given the price surge since the OP, I no doubt think you'll be happy will your decision. 

Just curious, are you going to sell-off part of you holding to lock in profits, or are you going to let it all ride?
nwo99 (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:35:34 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2018, 12:28:39 AM by nwo99

Well, given the price surge since the OP, I no doubt think you'll be happy will your decision.  

Just curious, are you going to sell-off part of you holding to lock in profits, or are you going to let it all ride?

No chance I'm withdrawing a single dollar out of this coin. It hasn't even started yet!

neinnein125

Activity: 475
Merit: 251

VTOS

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:52:27 AM

It is so nice to see a coin posted on bitcointalk becoming real and rises. I hope it won't be just pump and dump and keep going ahead. Added it to my watchlist, I may buy some in future, of course not in this price.

▄█████████████████████▄
  ▄
█████████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████████████▀
 ▀████
███████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████
     ████
█████████████████
      ████
██████████████
       █████████████████
        ███████████████
         ▀███████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
V T O S      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
MEDIUM    TWITTER     GITHUB

⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
caisa88

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 05:12:53 PM

What is happening with this coin, $7 and going to $8, over 160% price growth in a day. Do anyone know what is particularly going on, if this were to be on  Yobit I would have said this is someone selling to himself just to create market attention but I don't think this happen on cryptopia. What a great pump in a current market state
It looks like that at 7$  the price was too way too pumped , and it has now stabilized around 2$. It's still a really nice increase of price since the OP post, and i can say that he wad right, this coin is really promising.
This coin will have another great increase in price before the hardfork with Bitcoin will happen, o i guess that it's not too late to make an investment now.

TorbjornE

Activity: 148
Merit: 1

The stock photography revolution

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:11:01 AM

This coin is extracted only from the CPU. I tried to mine a few weeks ago - it's very difficult. I think the original coin (its lyra2z330) and it is quite possible to find its market niche.

╔═   PHOTOCHAIN.IO   ⚫   TRUSTED STOCK PHOTOGRAPHY   ═╗
╚══   REVOLUTION IN THE STOCK PHOTOGRAPHY MARKET   ══╝
PumaPuma_

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:42:41 AM

I think the price of this coin is high now. Now if it cost 0.001$, then it would be easier for her to rise. I would recommend investing in coins to 1$. The price increase of x2 times at this cost is easy!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: