Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:05:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Going forward: MultiBit HD and MultiBit Classic  (Read 11100 times)
jim618 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 08:21:53 PM

That's right - there is no seed so you need copies of the private keys in all your wallets.

I recommend both copying the wallet (and the subdirectories with all the backups in) AND making a private key export.

You only really need one or the other but the only time you'll use a backup is when Something Bad Happened so make both sorts of backups just in case.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mashuri

Activity: 135
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:08:17 AM

Will you be including features like multisig, coinjoin, and stealth addresses?

Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:59:18 PM

Quote from: jim618
I expect the first version won't be able to import and export extended public and private keys but it would be a great feature to be able to choose which 'sort' you want to export and import.  It will be a bit difficult to explain it to people in a simple fashion though so we might have to put in an 'Advanced' mode or something.
So i will waiting for this future day when I can export pure private and public keys  for all my addresses   Grin

Then you'll be waiting a long time 'cause with deterministic wallets exporting private keys for individual addresses is dangerous. See this article from vbuterin:

http://bitcoinmagazine.com/8396/deterministic-wallets-advantages-flaw/
lunarboy

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:59:31 PM

Will you be including features like multisig, coinjoin, and stealth addresses?

These would be awesome to see. The 'Advanced mode' for multibit could be very functional.

I was also wondering if the import 'classic' wallet into HD could be sent through coinjoin as an option? If we have to use a whole set of new addresses they may as well be taint free.
lunarboy

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:26:46 AM

Its probably a bit late for extra features right now.... just in case  Tongue

One of the things i'd really like more control over is the individual balance of my addresses within a wallet. It would be very useful to have the ability to view balances for individual addresses and to a limited extent, craft transactions from whichever pool of coins i'd like to spend.

I also wondered about the possibility of adding a user defined 2FA for a high security wallet. say with an e-mail of better still a bitmessage confirmation code.??

My biggest user gripe is actually much more down to earth. I find myself accidentally renaming send addresses or worse writing over the destination address. A simple 'lock field' feature for trusted addresses would be awesome.  Wink

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: