Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:06:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Airdrops with MetaMask  (Read 376 times)
CryptoDanB (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 02:29:24 PM

Will a MetaMask wallet work for airdrops or should I only use MEW?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1587

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 02:41:17 PM
Merited by InvoKing (1)

Any standard Ethereum address will work independently of the wallet, ledger or web that you use to generate it. Please be aware that exchange's addresses are not standard addresses and will most likely not accept any airdrop.

So, the answer is yes, if you create a new wallet with Metamask your public address will work to get airdops. Your public address will always start with "0x", never loose or give your private key to anyone.

CryptoDanB (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 02:50:07 PM

Any standard Ethereum address will work independently of the wallet, ledger or web that you use to generate it. Please be aware that exchange's addresses are not standard addresses and will most likely not accept any airdrop.

So, the answer is yes, if you create a new wallet with Metamask your public address will work to get airdops. Your public address will always start with "0x", never loose or give your private key to anyone.

Thanks for that, I really appreciate it, I just have so many questions so it's nice to get one answered Smiley
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1587

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:15:45 PM

Thanks for that, I really appreciate it, I just have so many questions so it's nice to get one answered Smiley

Post all of them on this section Smiley

anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 01:01:08 AM

You can use all ERC-20 compatible wallet. The following wallets are known to be compatible with Ethereum tokens (ERC-20 standard):

MyEtherWallet (no download needed)
MetaMask (Firefox and Chrome browser addon) Recommended
Mist (Desktop)
Parity (Desktop)
imToken (iPhone)
imToken (Android)
Trust(iPhone)
Trust(Android)
Cipher(iPhone)
Cipher(Android)

Or you can use hardware wallet: MyEtherWallet + Ledger, MyEtherWallet + Trezor

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 09:04:05 AM

Post all of them on this section Smiley

If the questions aren't Bitcoin related, then no, do not post them all in this section. Post them all in this section: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0 (Altcoin Discussion)

Wink

marlosfg

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:36:21 PM

Hello,
I´ve already register my Metamask sussessful on EOS.io but I did not receive none airdrops on my Metamask address. Does anyone have any clues about what might be happening?
my dream2021

Activity: 359
Merit: 61

︻┳デ═—

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 12:02:24 AM

Hello,
I´ve already register my Metamask sussessful on EOS.io but I did not receive none airdrops on my Metamask address. Does anyone have any clues about what might be happening?

My friends EOS.io no have Airdrop if u see any airdrop about it, that its scam and don't give u privat key for everybody Smiley

"BTC Bitcoin is a man-made, open-source technology – not a gift handed down from the heavens"
Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:40:14 AM

MetaMask only supports Ethereum and Ethereum based tokens (ERC20). If those projects are Ethereum based, you can use your MetaMask wallet. If they are not Ethereum or Ethereum based token, you cannot use MetaMask wallet for it.
deepbhalerao786

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 06:51:14 PM

You can use all ERC-20 compatible wallet. The following wallets are known to be compatible with Ethereum tokens (ERC-20 standard):

MyEtherWallet (no download needed)
MetaMask (Firefox and Chrome browser addon) Recommended
Mist (Desktop)
Parity (Desktop)
imToken (iPhone)
imToken (Android)
Trust(iPhone)
Trust(Android)
Cipher(iPhone)
Cipher(Android)

Or you can use hardware wallet: MyEtherWallet + Ledger, MyEtherWallet + Trezor
Also Eidoo(Android)