Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:04:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you screen ICO projects, what do you look at?  (Read 496 times)
Kippah (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:23:42 PM

Many of you are asking this question. Many of you spend hours researching new ICO projects, reading forums trying to find the proper information, get the knowledge and make the right move. I am sure you  are already aware that it is not the most efficient way. It takes time and all of us have to do the same ground work over and over again separately.

Of course there are rating websites, which tell us what the best ICOs should be but after reviewing 120 projects myself I had very different views on most of the ICO rated as the best ones.

Of course you can discuss with others on the forum but almost no one there does exhaustive and systematic research on ICOs, so lot of info but may not be relevant or very much biased by one’s opinion.

ICO investors need to protect themselves and unfortunately, ICOs are still largely unregulated so we cannot expect that somebody else will search for and punish “bad apples”.
So we decided crypto community needs a proper Due Diligence project based on the knowledge of you all. We would like to build it from the ground up and we are open to any comments, suggestions and ideas. However first we need to know, how you guys actually screen ICO projects, what you look at and what you maybe neglect. So that we can focus our attention on those things. If you fill in this survey you will help us understand exactly that. We are doing this for the community, to create better, accurate and independent ICO reviews.

https://tilburglawschool.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3sCWmLd0wY1OK3P

Let’s discuss first how you screen ICO projects and what exactly you look at!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:00:00 PM

Those rating websites are full of it and completely unreliable. I always start out checking how much they want to raise cause if it is too much I can move on without wasting time reading everything. If they raise an amount I can stand with then I start looking at their team, if I don't like it then I move on to another ICO. If I like the team I start reading their problem solution or whatever their USP is and then everything else.

xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:03:18 PM

Agree. It is really hard to find reliable ICO review sites. And if you would like to get some insider view, you probably need to pay for it. I recommend cryptobrifing.com to you. It seems to be a legit site to provide high quality reviews.

CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:04:42 PM

These ICO rating sites are everything else but rating sites. Most of them are paid for featured spots. Experts are not experts. Some bots give random ratings. Awful service. Don't use them. Zero value in them.
Kippah (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:58:24 PM

Agree. It is really hard to find reliable ICO review sites. And if you would like to get some insider view, you probably need to pay for it. I recommend cryptobrifing.com to you. It seems to be a legit site to provide high quality reviews.

So how do you screen the projects? Do you do it by yourself and if so what do you look at?
ico_dna

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:43:35 PM

Well, there is a more or less comprehensive list here.
https://medium.com/@reviewcryptos/ultimate-ico-checklist-how-to-check-an-ico-3585ce3408c7

This post is okay, too. https://medium.com/birds-view/cryptoassets-a-crowd-sourced-evaluation-due-diligence-framework-98b921c82731
But. The spreadsheet cites Argon Group as "best in class service provider". The guys who did Blockchain Capital, lol.
Wylie330

Activity: 258
Merit: 101

New Era of Freelancing

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:59:21 PM

First I will look at the project itself. If it has a good objectives that will help our economy to improve. Second I consider the team if they are true to their profile posted on their website. I analyze if they are really in capable of making the project possible.

[ PAYPERBLOCK ] NEW ERA OF FREELANCING POWERED BY BLOCKCHAIN 
█  [ ANN ] [ Website ] [ WP ] [ Telegram ] [ Twitter ] [ Facebook ] [ YouTube ] [ Linkedin ]
NeedNoFee

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:00:22 AM

I really invest in ICO's to make some earning in short term, so I'd see for these who offer the quickest ROi %.
ico_dna

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:08:07 AM

These ICO rating sites are everything else but rating sites. Most of them are paid for featured spots. Experts are not experts. Some bots give random ratings. Awful service. Don't use them. Zero value in them.

Couldn't agree more.
Gabz999

Activity: 266
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:14:10 AM

First I will look at the project itself. If it has a good objectives that will help our economy to improve. Second I consider the team if they are true to their profile posted on their website. I analyze if they are really in capable of making the project possible.
Exactly what I did every time I invest on an ICO project. Sometimes they are just posting a fake photo in their time just to show that they are really a part of the team, we have to check all of the social medias of the team most of them that is a legit member of a one team has a legit account in LinkedIN.
X - Mas

Activity: 277
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:41:01 AM

the first i will look into the features inside the project,,
because for now most of ICO project didn't have an original idea,
just a few project thats have an original idea with new features
after that i will do a deep research with their team members of the project
jondel

Activity: 280
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:01:17 AM

This seems simple but it will get more complex when you do it: First reading WP and judging the website if it looks professional or scamish. Then research the project (the idea and its feasibility) and the team behind it.
zhangcaisbsbn55

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:13:37 AM

Many of you are asking this question. Many of you spend hours researching new ICO projects, reading forums trying to find the proper information, get the knowledge and make the right move. I am sure you  are already aware that it is not the most efficient way. It takes time and all of us have to do the same ground work over and over again separately.

Of course there are rating websites, which tell us what the best ICOs should be but after reviewing 120 projects myself I had very different views on most of the ICO rated as the best ones.

Of course you can discuss with others on the forum but almost no one there does exhaustive and systematic research on ICOs, so lot of info but may not be relevant or very much biased by one’s opinion.

ICO investors need to protect themselves and unfortunately, ICOs are still largely unregulated so we cannot expect that somebody else will search for and punish “bad apples”.
So we decided crypto community needs a proper Due Diligence project based on the knowledge of you all. We would like to build it from the ground up and we are open to any comments, suggestions and ideas. However first we need to know, how you guys actually screen ICO projects, what you look at and what you maybe neglect. So that we can focus our attention on those things. If you fill in this survey you will help us understand exactly that. We are doing this for the community, to create better, accurate and independent ICO reviews.

Let’s discuss first how you screen ICO projects and what exactly you look at!

I think it is the white paper and team members that we need to pay our attention.

JENREM

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:17:02 AM

Those rating websites are full of it and completely unreliable. I always start out checking how much they want to raise cause if it is too much I can move on without wasting time reading everything. If they raise an amount I can stand with then I start looking at their team, if I don't like it then I move on to another ICO. If I like the team I start reading their problem solution or whatever their USP is and then everything else.

That's also a good point in screening an ICO project, sometimes I do that because in joining ICO campaign it is important that you need to check first how much would the project would raise. We cannot deny the fact that that's the first thing that we actually considered and by that you will also considering reading the platform of the project.
mr.creampie

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:13:11 AM

I am looking into profiles of these developers and founders digging some information to know that these people are real,checking the github activity of these developers if they are very active surely there are something about the development,product of the ICO is a must too,you should know theres a lot to consider,coin supply the distribution of the whoe supply is another factor,partnership and roadmap should be positive.
RadioYo

Activity: 205

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 06:46:26 PM

It's a good question.  RadioYo just launched our ICO at https://rao.radioyo.fm and we're contacting "companies" that do this type of stuff.  I'm interested in what the Board thinks.
Kippah (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:26:06 AM

Guys do you genuinly look at tokenomics, eg how the token circulates and how it incentivizes the token-holders?

Help me do the survey on ICO investor behavior, fill in this questionnaire and after two weeks I will post results in this thread!

Jimmy palumbo

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:28:05 AM

The ICO review sites filled with all kinds of fraud, so most of the time I will not pay attention to the ICO review sites, I can observe their gtihub code base, if the code is open source, so I think I will choose investment.

Pasadoble

Activity: 336
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:31:28 AM

I am looking at project first of all, weather it has interesting and unique idea, team is important, and if company has some background and any products it is good sign.
kingkats0803

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:44:15 AM

I believe the same, they are unreliable. Others offer reliability but have to pay in return.
Anyway, while checking USP is great, I also check for development plans and the team that holds it together. If they a good or excellent track record then all the better. In addition, check if they excellent visibility in various social media - it proves identity and have nothing to hide.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: