Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:27:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you screen ICO projects, what do you look at?  (Read 497 times)
Nagricoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 01:48:46 AM

I look at MVP and team

🌱🌻🥕NAGRICOIN🍅🌽🌾
👉🏻🍏Nagri - we are what we eat, invest in it!🍏👈🏻
✔️Check out the link in 🌎
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:06:02 AM

For me first thing to do if you're looking for a good and  reliable ICO project you should read and seek also some information on their ann thread 'cause all of the feedback of ICO will be found on it. and also for me to determine which is classified i'm also visiting their site's , to figure it out how old the site's ,cause most of the ICO nowadays is fresh and not trustworthy .so if you're looking legit ico you should visit also their sites and ann thread 'cause that is the easy way to determine if its good or not.  
Flor1982

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:16:06 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2018, 05:58:20 AM by Flor1982

Many of you are asking this question. Many of you spend hours researching new ICO projects, reading forums trying to find the proper information, get the knowledge and make the right move. I am sure you  are already aware that it is not the most efficient way. It takes time and all of us have to do the same ground work over and over again separately.

Of course there are rating websites, which tell us what the best ICOs should be but after reviewing 120 projects myself I had very different views on most of the ICO rated as the best ones.

Of course you can discuss with others on the forum but almost no one there does exhaustive and systematic research on ICOs, so lot of info but may not be relevant or very much biased by one’s opinion.

ICO investors need to protect themselves and unfortunately, ICOs are still largely unregulated so we cannot expect that somebody else will search for and punish “bad apples”.
So we decided crypto community needs a proper Due Diligence project based on the knowledge of you all. We would like to build it from the ground up and we are open to any comments, suggestions and ideas. However first we need to know, how you guys actually screen ICO projects, what you look at and what you maybe neglect. So that we can focus our attention on those things. If you fill in this survey you will help us understand exactly that. We are doing this for the community, to create better, accurate and independent ICO reviews.

https://tilburglawschool.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3sCWmLd0wY1OK3P

Let’s discuss first how you screen ICO projects and what exactly you look at!

My way of choosing an ICO is very common to the others in which first i will read the whitepaper and check the CEO and the rest of the team profile thru the google if their listed records on their profiles are all true. Then i will read carefully of their products to ensure that it is not fake and to see if it is a promising investment. Then the last thing is their activities thru twitter and facebook to see if they are really working for their projects.
Andruha1993

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 10:53:25 AM

Many of you are asking this question. Many of you spend hours researching new ICO projects, reading forums trying to find the proper information, get the knowledge and make the right move. I am sure you  are already aware that it is not the most efficient way. It takes time and all of us have to do the same ground work over and over again separately.

Of course there are rating websites, which tell us what the best ICOs should be but after reviewing 120 projects myself I had very different views on most of the ICO rated as the best ones.

Of course you can discuss with others on the forum but almost no one there does exhaustive and systematic research on ICOs, so lot of info but may not be relevant or very much biased by one’s opinion.

ICO investors need to protect themselves and unfortunately, ICOs are still largely unregulated so we cannot expect that somebody else will search for and punish “bad apples”.
So we decided crypto community needs a proper Due Diligence project based on the knowledge of you all. We would like to build it from the ground up and we are open to any comments, suggestions and ideas. However first we need to know, how you guys actually screen ICO projects, what you look at and what you maybe neglect. So that we can focus our attention on those things. If you fill in this survey you will help us understand exactly that. We are doing this for the community, to create better, accurate and independent ICO reviews.

In the very beginning I estimate the project site. Then I go to their social networks and watch how many subscribers. Next, I look when the accounts in social networks have been created. After that I read their book and then I make an input on this project.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:15:48 AM

For me, it is the whitepaper (not the entire thing though, at first). I read the executive summary/abstract. If I find it interesting, I look at the team behind the project. I have to be able to verify the teams profile for example a LinkedIn profile for starters. Then I look at the project timeline (stages) how they intend to run, milestones etc. the roadmap helps in this case. Finally, if they have added financial projects, which can verified by a third party finance person, then I will give it a short.
Astermony

Activity: 373

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:39:47 AM

Agree. It is really hard to find reliable ICO review sites. And if you would like to get some insider view, you probably need to pay for it. I recommend cryptobrifing.com to you. It seems to be a legit site to provide high quality reviews.
Yeah i will agree that we can't get easily to choose the best ICO because aside from the manyy ICO project exist but they already upgrade their reliable project to make as attarctive to joined.
ellabanana

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:48:50 AM

It is definitely difficult to choose a good ICO. Yes, we have website which includes reviews from different perspectives. However, this can never be trusted. This can be made of the member of the team to attract investors. So, the best thing to do ks analyze their website and other related articles about them before investing. Be wise!

radjie

Activity: 1792
Merit: 264

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:22:35 PM

For me first thing to do if you're looking for a good and  reliable ICO project you should read and seek also some information on their ann thread 'cause all of the feedback of ICO will be found on it. and also for me to determine which is classified i'm also visiting their site's , to figure it out how old the site's ,cause most of the ICO nowadays is fresh and not trustworthy .so if you're looking legit ico you should visit also their sites and ann thread 'cause that is the easy way to determine if its good or not.  
yes I agree, one of them by visiting ANN thread them by asking the project development plan, so that developers can open a dialog with potential investors. In addition, we can see the future prospects of ICO by understanding whitepaper that has been provided, because the whitepaper is the main benchmark for potential investors to be able to invest in it.
swscowods

Activity: 419

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:34:15 AM

These ICO rating sites are everything else but rating sites. Most of them are paid for featured spots. Experts are not experts. Some bots give random ratings. Awful service. Don't use them. Zero value in them.
Obviously! They would rather collect those huge bucks to get their projects out there to their trusted members without considering the long run effect of it. Now, a lot of investors do not really care much about ICO rating websites and will rather go through the necessary details and research by themselves before they even invest in anything.

It is absurd that what was created to help the community at the end just have the motive to get popular for the monetary gain. Not saying the monetary gain is bad, but at least it makes sense to always keep integrity in check.
KalaiBTC

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:49:28 AM

Agree. It is really hard to find reliable ICO review sites. And if you would like to get some insider view, you probably need to pay for it. I recommend cryptobrifing.com to you. It seems to be a legit site to provide high quality reviews.
Pretty hard bro! Pretty hard!! I would rather do my own proper digging on any project by investing the team, checking all that I need to know if there is a product or not before even considering going through any other information. The rating website are after the monetary aspect and as long as that is in play, they care less about the investors and the community at large and they are only good when they are new, just wait for them once they become a household name in the community.
MashaVik

Activity: 122
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:26:36 PM

I study the project well. I analyze the information published on their website, whether their project will be profitable.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:30:50 PM

I look at MVP and team
MVP what?
Question no. 2.

When you already invested in an ICO, how do you monitor your holdings?

How do you follow-up? Do you follow the social media, updates, do you follow whether they go accoridng to the roadmap?
Just be updated with everything that is connected to that ICO that you invested so that from time to time you know what's happening with your money and the ICO itself. Most of the time road maps aren't followed because of some reasons that they have to pursue some other things to make that ICO better, it's situational.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
vrabac68

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:03:50 PM

The easiest way to find interesting projects with possible potential for profit is to sort ICOs listed on websites(google) based on their general rating. This list include both past and currently active token sales.SOme of them are great and gives you great review
dicaprio

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:49:20 AM

I always pay attention to the little things in the project, I always look at what the project is promoting and what problems the project solves. I also always pay attention to the global nature of the project.
Kippah (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:37:17 PM

Help me to understand how the ICO investors choose and monitor the ICOs they invest in. If you ever invested in at least one ICO fill in this questionnaire (below). Our aim is to build community due diligence initiative to screen the ICO projects for the community and help you decide which project to support.

jouns

Activity: 812
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:40:08 PM

If I liked the idea of the project first of all, I look at the composition of the team and the advisers, after that on the design of the site and other trivia.
thaoni23

Activity: 71

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:20:46 AM

The Marinecoin project has been running trials since 2013 and has returned to redevelop its project, ready to integrate smart contract applications.
Marinecoin develops on an open source and lightweight. Marinecoin allows developers to use their source code to develop their own projects.
Marinecoin uses source code to exploit IoT web services and web development solutions for enthusiasts.
Marinecoin created the FREE ICO event for his return. With 450000 MTC for each member introducing the project to the world. Join now and get this reward.
https://marineco.in/
Akselrod

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:55:59 AM

Many of you are asking this question. Many of you spend hours researching new ICO projects, reading forums trying to find the proper information, get the knowledge and make the right move. I am sure you  are already aware that it is not the most efficient way. It takes time and all of us have to do the same ground work over and over again separately.

Yes, no matter what)) honestly) even at this time to spend) a little on the project, on the team, how much they want to collect and how many people participate. But that's if I'm in the bounty. Of course, if you want to invest, you need to study very carefully.
pocketfullofpoke

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

www.daxico.com

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:20:38 AM

I usually go and check for the team first whether or not they are using real names an also check their background whether they have experienced already about IT and blockchain.  Second is the community involved on the project because the more participants join in , the better indication of an ICO that is likely to succeed.

Kippah (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:52:37 PM

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: