Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:05:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you screen ICO projects, what do you look at?  (Read 502 times)
chuongxinhgai

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:54:03 PM

I think you should sign for Marinecoins.If the project success, it would help you x3 your money even 100. Some of you guys may know because it developed since 2013. This project is an machine to machine payment network. Their aim is creat a blockchain which is 5 times faster than Bitcoin. And one of the things that make me think this is the best because they will give you free 450.000 token even if you join their ICO or not, just do some task for them and you get your token (450,000 will be airdropped to 20 000 first users)
Kippah (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:31:47 PM

I am collecting large dataset to better understand how you invest in ICO. We want to start a community due diligence project, which could provide better information about ongoing ICOs and protect you from the scam ICOs. Let's get rid of the bad ICO apples!

In order to do that I need your help! If you ever invested in ICOs (at least one) fill in this survey (won't take you more than 5 minutes.) May the blockchain be with you!

https://tilburglawschool.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3sCWmLd0wY1OK3P
panjay

Activity: 1079
Merit: 352

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:54:50 PM

every day and now I just go to ico rating site, pick something that does not have high hardcap, look sentiment at twitter, reduce the noise and decide based on what I finding.
herecomesjohnny

Activity: 156
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:37:51 PM

every day and now I just go to ico rating site, pick something that does not have high hardcap, look sentiment at twitter, reduce the noise and decide based on what I finding.

Even then you could end with a wrong ICO investment if you didn't analyze every detail. With every new day, scammy developers are getting more smarter based on the fellow colleague scammer mistakes with another ICO projects. They can successfully hide their shady intentions with the highly organized plan, greatly written whitepaper, false market cap and the best of all, the false advisors. These factors can all be masked for the investor to not realize he has been cheated till the middle of the campaign.

Now or then there is some good ICO project but with the mass of the false projects, I am getting tired of the finding the proper project.
Kippah (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:13:30 AM

am collecting large dataset to better understand how you invest in ICO. We want to start a community due diligence project, which could provide better information about ongoing ICOs and protect you from the scam ICOs. Let's get rid of the bad ICO apples!

In order to do that I need your help! If you ever invested in ICOs (at least one) fill in this survey (won't take you more than 5 minutes.) May the blockchain be with you!

codeash

Activity: 65

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 08:18:34 AM

You need to be careful while investing in ICO. There is no regulatory body who can control ICOs so it's your duty to analyze and research an ICO properly before investing in it. You need to check various things while investing in ICO such as whether a working product is there or not. Before investing in any ICO, I look for many points. A working product or prototype must be there,  project should have strong team, website should have all the details, whitepaper and roadmap should be clear. I also believe that ICO should have good rating on different ICO rating websites. After checking all these points, I invest a small amount in ICO
Kippah (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:46:37 PM

You need to be careful while investing in ICO. There is no regulatory body who can control ICOs so it's your duty to analyze and research an ICO properly before investing in it. You need to check various things while investing in ICO such as whether a working product is there or not. Before investing in any ICO, I look for many points. A working product or prototype must be there,  project should have strong team, website should have all the details, whitepaper and roadmap should be clear. I also believe that ICO should have good rating on different ICO rating websites. After checking all these points, I invest a small amount in ICO

Do you believe in ICO rating websites? many people said they don't as they are financially motivated to promote some of the non so good ICOs. What is you experience?
Kippah (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:39:40 AM

First I will look at the project itself. If it has a good objectives that will help our economy to improve. Second I consider the team if they are true to their profile posted on their website. I analyze if they are really in capable of making the project possible.

What are in your opinion  good objectives to help economy?
emirkalyoncu

Activity: 258
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:47:45 AM

I personally check the team ,the project and popularity.If these criterias are well and the team works hard there is no reason to fail an ICO .
hashshashin

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:47:53 AM

Do you believe in ICO rating websites? many people said they don't as they are financially motivated to promote some of the non so good ICOs. What is you experience?

If the sites will recommend and put a good rating of those projects that in the future nothing will be represented, then who will use such sites? they do for themselves worse in this way. Maybe I do not know what, but this is my opinion.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
Kippah (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:43:32 PM

If the sites will recommend and put a good rating of those projects that in the future nothing will be represented, then who will use such sites? they do for themselves worse in this way. Maybe I do not know what, but this is my opinion.

True but maybe the failures of ICO rating websites are not so obvious, maybe the people don't communicate enough about it? What do you think?
DyllanGM

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:48:29 PM

Agree. It is really hard to find reliable ICO review sites. And if you would like to get some insider view, you probably need to pay for it. I recommend cryptobrifing.com to you. It seems to be a legit site to provide high quality reviews.

I was also relying on ICO rating sites once but when I saw an ICO in the list and found it in the forum that has almost no one participated, I started to have my doubts if the list is really accurate. Maybe they could also be paid as advertisement. Now I just look at the team and find some familiar faces that has been in successful ICOs but cannot still be more than 80% sure of it.
Nuru

Activity: 117

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:53:44 PM

First I will look at the project itself, then
1.read whitepaper
2. check the team (good project should have strong team!)
3. check rating websites
Kippah (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:07:03 PM

1.read whitepaper
3. check rating websites

How many ICOs do you invest in then?
Nuru

Activity: 117

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:57:13 PM

1.read whitepaper
3. check rating websites

How many ICOs do you invest in then?

To be honest I do not remember precise number, but it should be little bit over 10. It was before better to invest during ICO. Nowadays, when ICO ends and token are available in exchange sites, the price become usually lower than ICO. I believe this is because of boundy hunters whose numbers have increased a lot in the past year. Boundy hunters usually dump their coins at low price.
shwetaji

Activity: 134
Merit: 10

CVProof.com - SECURING JOB'S CREDENTIALS

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 01:14:43 AM

ICO projects goodness are depends on its quality. CVproof ICO is very good.
CVproof.com is leveraging blockchain technology to develop a platform
enabling notarization of CV credentials.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CVProof.com- SECURING JOB'S CREDENTIALS    ◆    [Join ICO Now]    ◆    Whitepaper / ANN Thread    ◆    TFSTL
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ruzadovec

Activity: 72

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:13:14 AM

I think road map and dev team. If they have a good dev team, I think the product will be good. Ico is right with the roadmap outlined, the ico is high possibility is good.
Haunebu

Activity: 3094
Merit: 972

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:25:42 AM

I try to do research on -
1. The team - their track record with previous ventures, github, linkedin profiles - a good mix of technology and business expertise is what I generally look for
2. The whitepaper
3. What using the blockchain enables for the project and if a seperate token is required.
4. Activity on Github
5. How the team engages the community on telegram, twitter, reddit, medium.

I agree with you here. For me, the whitepaper is usually the crucial factor here when it comes to deciding whether the particular ICO is worth investing into or not. I analyse the whitepaper thoroughly and decide whether it would lucrative to invest into the ICO or not. If satisfied, I proceed to check out the team, social media interactions, marketing campaign etc.

I don't usually fall for the hype driven campaigns and check the coin thoroughly before deciding to invest. These tips almost always helped me earn profits and keep losses to a minimal until now in the crypto market.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Kippah (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:52:28 AM

I think road map and dev team. If they have a good dev team, I think the product will be good. Ico is right with the roadmap outlined, the ico is high possibility is good.

What do you exactly look for in the roadmap?
Kippah (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:54:51 PM

How do you screen ICO projects, what is the most important for you?

I am collecting large dataset to better understand how you invest in ICO. We want to start a community due diligence project, which could provide better information about ongoing ICOs and protect you from the scam ICOs. Let's get rid of the bad ICO apples!

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: