Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 12:59:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Putting a price on privacy  (Read 158 times)
Howdoo (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 03:53:10 PM

Your personal data is important. Arguably, it’s one of the few remaining things in your life that remains truly private.

Or so we’d like to think.

The reality is that open an account with one of the more popular social media platforms and they’ll soon end up knowing you better than you do yourself – or so they’d have us believe (or should I say, as they’d have the advertisers believe).

Ay Howdoo we say enough is enough. If I want to take back control and go ‘stealth’ I should have that right – which means my digital footprint flatlines. If I want to receive relevant advertising, and in turn be rewarded for engaging with it, that too should be my right.

You can find out more with our latest article: putting a price on privacy <Insert hyperlink>

As always, thoughts and feedback are welcome.

www.howdoo.io

Vit83

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 03:57:25 PM

Everybody who wants already taken all private information for all of us. If you want private information don't share it in internet) Privacy in internet is a myth)

CoralHealth

Activity: 31
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 03:59:07 PM

Totally agree that we need to shift control of data back to people. DataWallet seems to have a similar idea to your's. What are some differences between your two projects?

Coral Health
Building a more connected future in healthcare.
MarlonDamon

Activity: 132

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:04:42 PM

Your personal data is important. Arguably, it’s one of the few remaining things in your life that remains truly private.

The reality is that open an account with one of the more popular social media platforms and they’ll soon end up knowing you better than you do yourself – or so they’d have us believe (or should I say, as they’d have the advertisers believe).

Ay Howdoo we say enough is enough. If I want to take back control and go ‘stealth’ I should have that right – which means my digital footprint flatlines. If I want to receive relevant advertising, and in turn be rewarded for engaging with it, that too should be my right.

You can find out more with our latest article: putting a price on privacy <Insert hyperlink>

www.howdoo.io

well to be clear when something is on the internet it cannot be hidden that is my feedback
xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:06:03 PM

www.howdoo.io

Blockchain technology itself enables anyone on earth to fully control its private data and be able to monetize it. Decentralized social networks are able to give the profit back to its users rather than grabbing all the profits into their own pocket.

CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:10:24 PM

The price of privacy depends.
If you are an Average Joe with average salary nobody will ever care about you, your money, your habbits and your naked pictures.
However, if you aspire to become wealthy successful and influential person, then you are an interest for a lot of people, who want to exploit you.
And here is where the privacy issue is coming in.
How much assets do you own? How much impact you can make in the world? How many people will benefit or lose their slice of the pie because of you?
The price of privacy is going to be proportional to the forementioned factors.
If you are Edward Snowden just about to shutter the most powerful agency in the world, then privacy is priceless. Privacy is life-saving.
If you are a homeless guy, then the price of privacy is basically zero.
CoralHealth

Activity: 31
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 03:16:10 PM

The price of privacy depends.
If you are an Average Joe with average salary nobody will ever care about you, your money, your habbits and your naked pictures.
However, if you aspire to become wealthy successful and influential person, then you are an interest for a lot of people, who want to exploit you.
And here is where the privacy issue is coming in.
How much assets do you own? How much impact you can make in the world? How many people will benefit or lose their slice of the pie because of you?
The price of privacy is going to be proportional to the forementioned factors.
If you are Edward Snowden just about to shutter the most powerful agency in the world, then privacy is priceless. Privacy is life-saving.
If you are a homeless guy, then the price of privacy is basically zero.

I think you're exactly right that the average Joe probably doesn't care or value privacy highly in most situations. I think security of information is more broadly salient than privacy of information. Even the average Joe does care a lot when it comes to security of financial and health information. No one wants their social security number out there and many people have health conditions (say they're HIV+) that they definitely do not want their friends knowing about. 

Coral Health
Building a more connected future in healthcare.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 799

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:37:52 PM

Everybody who wants already taken all private information for all of us. If you want private information don't share it in internet) Privacy in internet is a myth)
There is nothing close to privacy on the internet everything is recorded by someone else and the assurance that they are not going to do it does not mean that they are not going to do it for real, so if you want privacy you will have to find it by yourself do not use social media do not share information about your life and while that is not enough is a lot better than what most people are doing today.
wenwen478

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:46:20 PM

HOW  dose the "Howdoo" work On the Internet?   How it protects our privacy?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
kamenix

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:54:26 PM

www.howdoo.io

Very interested. I was searching for such a social media. I hope you make a big audience. Back to the question: "putting a price to privacy." In my opinion it's high. I would like to say it's endless, but than why am I using Facebook? It's shamefull for me, one day I need to switch the trigeer and get lost from that bad place. The problem is that all my friends and relatives are on that site and if I switch to a better place they will not be there...

ohlawdy

Activity: 259
Merit: 100

- "Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now"

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:02:57 PM

I agree with you that privacy is very important , but most people seem te not care about it .
They will just give the i have nothing to hide argument , which is bullshit in itself.
I think most people already gave most of their info away trough facebook and google .

Leocrypto da Vinci

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

OMNITY Knowledge, connected

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:19:20 PM

The real problem is that - even you think that you are completey anonimous - any system will trace a perfect profile of yourself, so the fact that they don't have your name is insignificant: you are a potential customer, and they will send you commercial offers, that's all.
Even if you use just a nick name.

https://OMNITY.io/ico
               Knowledge, connected.               
Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight.
Cryptophorus Columbus

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:19:49 PM

You know, it's true that facebook trace all of your data, but you can lie very easily.
So you can make a lot of completely fake profiles.
Actually, it's what ar you doing here, don't you?
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 799

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:16:55 PM

I agree with you that privacy is very important , but most people seem te not care about it .
They will just give the i have nothing to hide argument , which is bullshit in itself.
I think most people already gave most of their info away trough facebook and google .
The nothing to hide argument is something that really bothers me, they say it as if it is okay that everyone can intrude your privacy, I have nothing to hide but I do not let every single person into to my home just because they ask and the same is true for your information but people are truly brainwashed they no longer care about their privacy just look at Facebook and you will see all their personal information posted there for everyone to see.
Semosuchi Tesongrato

Activity: 546
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:35:33 PM

You are absolutely right: even if you have nothing to hide, this is not a good reason to allow everybody to put his nose in you thinghs.
More over, you never know what a bad guy can do with your data, for exemple in the deep web.

The nothing to hide argument is something that really bothers me, they say it as if it is okay that everyone can intrude your privacy, I have nothing to hide but I do not let every single person into to my home just because they ask and the same is true for your information but people are truly brainwashed they no longer care about their privacy just look at Facebook and you will see all their personal information posted there for everyone to see.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
Cryptomagnus

Activity: 150
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:32:45 PM

I do put a price on privacy, but I don't see how this project can guarantee me!
And if you talk about to "receive relevant advertising" this means that it's not different from Facebook or Amazon.
So?

BobsRepair.com  /  Powered by S T E E M
▐|       JOIN TOKENSALE | Apr 4th       |▌
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: