Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:29:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I selectively remove individual lower level trustees from the trust list?  (Read 569 times)
greyhawk (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 07:32:19 PM

Here's the rub.

If I trust a trustee a problem can arise where the trustee in turn trusts another trustee whose trust list is .... bad.

Case in point, all my trustees for some reason decided to trust theymos, whose trust list is... not exactly a glowing demonstration of great character judgement.

Now this means that for me theymos' feedback appears as trusted and it is added into the trust calculation which of course due to reasons mentioned above is not what I should want as a datapoint.

The question now is how to remove the flawed input from the trust list? Is there a function to specifically exclude problematic lower level trustees or is the only way by removing sub level trust entirely and manually re-adding sub-level trustees to the first tier?
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 08:48:30 PM

The question now is how to remove the flawed input from the trust list? Is there a function to specifically exclude problematic lower level trustees or is the only way by removing sub level trust entirely and manually re-adding sub-level trustees to the first tier?

You'll have to go with the latter option.  I haven't seen anything about specifically excluding lower level trustees, so I'm assuming the system isn't setup to handle that currently.
greyhawk (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 08:50:04 PM

Hmmm, a shame. Guess I'll better get to rebuilding my list.
tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 09:18:05 PM

Mind posting it after you're done, or PMing?

I'd be interested to see, mine could use some rebuilding as well.
tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 09:49:11 PM

If I trust a trustee a problem can arise where the trustee in turn trusts another trustee whose trust list is .... bad.

What about setting your Trust Depth to 1.  My understanding is that this will limit it to the people you trust only and not include their trust list. I could be wrong though?

That's correct, but greyhawk was trying to find a way that didn't involve doing that then manually adding a lot of people.
greyhawk (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 10:42:48 PM

Mind posting it after you're done, or PMing?

I'd be interested to see, mine could use some rebuilding as well.

Sure. I've actually decided to go ahead and shrink it down to the usual scambusters at inheritence level 0, which I actually expect should suffice for good results with the people selected. We'll see how it goes.

• smoothie
  • John (John K.)
  • Tomatocage
  • BadBear
  • BCB
  • Maged
  • DeathAndTaxes
  • tysat
  • TradeFortress
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: