Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:48:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Account Was Hacked  (Read 177 times)
dorangjo (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:05:45 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2018, 05:21:27 PM by dorangjo

Today I received email, someone was change my email and password. please admin @Cyrus and @theymos help to recover my account, I have send PM to your both, please read my PM.

This proof my account :
http://prntscr.com/ilxof0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=384294

this proof they hack my account :
http://prntscr.com/ilxlgo
http://prntscr.com/ilxke0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:12:19 PM

Today I received email, someone was change my email and password. please admin @Cyrus and @theymos help to recover my account, I have send PM to your both, please read my PM.

Can you post any prrof and the username of the account in question so someone trusted can red it until it gets recovered so it won't scam.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:17:33 PM

If you use any sort of Google email service, then the password recovery email will go to your spam folder.

If you want us to recover a hacked/lost account, you need to prove that you own it. Typically, the only acceptable method of proving ownership is by signing a message (including current date and desired new email address) using a Bitcoin address or PGP key associated with the account. A Bitcoin address or PGP key is associated with the account only if the account posted the key/address, sent it in a PM, or if it is still listed in the account's profile.

I very rarely recover accounts if you can't prove ownership as described above. There are alternative ways of proving ownership, but they take too much time. If I point you to this thread, you can't prove ownership properly, and then I ignore your future PMs, this means that I'm not going to recover your account. Create a new one.

Send one PM to Cyrus. If Cyrus doesn't respond after two weeks, you can try sending a PM to me instead. When sending a PM, use a template like this:

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
My account <account> has been hacked/lost. Please reset the email to <email>. The current date is <date>.
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
<insert address here>
<insert signature here>
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Here is the unedited post where I posted that address: ...
OR
I sent that address to someone in a PM with PM ID#...

All required info must be in one PM.

Do not create your temporary account using the same email address you want for the hacked/lost account. No two accounts can have the same email address.
dorangjo (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:22:33 PM

Can you post any prrof and the username of the account in question so someone trusted can red it until it gets recovered so it won't scam.
I have updated my post, thanks
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:37:22 PM

You need to prove ownership of a Bitcoin address that belongs into a post that was unedited or quoted by someone else. Altcoins I guess would also work but I assume Bitcoin addresses have priority.

There have been legit hacked members waiting for months of Hero+ status and good posting history without a reply from cyrus and theymos, the account recovery process is a mess, extremely slow.

Judging by your posting history which consists on some strange clusterfuck of facebook link spam I don't think you'll ever get your account back tbh.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:19:31 PM

You need to prove ownership of a Bitcoin address that belongs into a post that was unedited or quoted by someone else. Altcoins I guess would also work but I assume Bitcoin addresses have priority.

There have been legit hacked members waiting for months of Hero+ status and good posting history without a reply from cyrus and theymos, the account recovery process is a mess, extremely slow.

Judging by your posting history which consists on some strange clusterfuck of facebook link spam I don't think you'll ever get your account back tbh.

Any generally accepted (secure) cryptographic signature is fine providing the public key is posted from your old account. Including: bitcoins, altcoin and pgp... Screenshots are not really evidence.
jack_jack

Activity: 141

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:47:29 PM

No.one cares here  man if you don't have pgp key .. even after giving all details no reply will come Iam sr memeber some time ago but now a newbie .. now I lost my hope and created new acnt so no one guess my passwrd
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:50:03 PM

No.one cares here  man if you don't have pgp key .. even after giving all details no reply will come Iam sr memeber some time ago but now a newbie .. now I lost my hope and created new acnt so no one guess my passwrd

Why. should you. not have to foLLow the same. rules   as      everyone else

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
FJ2

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:57:50 PM

If you use any sort of Google email service, then the password recovery email will go to your spam folder.

If you want us to recover a hacked/lost account, you need to prove that you own it. Typically, the only acceptable method of proving ownership is by signing a message (including current date and desired new email address) using a Bitcoin address or PGP key associated with the account. A Bitcoin address or PGP key is associated with the account only if the account posted the key/address, sent it in a PM, or if it is still listed in the account's profile.

I very rarely recover accounts if you can't prove ownership as described above. There are alternative ways of proving ownership, but they take too much time. If I point you to this thread, you can't prove ownership properly, and then I ignore your future PMs, this means that I'm not going to recover your account. Create a new one.

Send one PM to Cyrus. If Cyrus doesn't respond after two weeks, you can try sending a PM to me instead. When sending a PM, use a template like this:

My account <account> has been hacked/lost. Please reset the email to <email>. The current date is <date>.
<insert address here>
<insert signature here>

OR

Do not create your temporary account using the same email address you want for the hacked/lost account. No two accounts can have the same email address.

I got the same issue, and i already PM Cyrus on 30 January after 3 weeks i send another again to theymos+Cyrus
But i still not get a response from them
castiel0504

Activity: 266
Merit: 109

Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:17:48 PM

@DorangJo, you are supposed to sign your Bitcoin address that you have in your screenshot. If you don't know how to sign it, you can follow this topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990345.0 . You can post it under this topic. Better advice is to put date and time in message. If you don't want that, you can send it to Cyrus in PM.
dorangjo (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:00:42 PM

Any generally accepted (secure) cryptographic signature is fine providing the public key is posted from your old account. Including: bitcoins, altcoin and pgp... Screenshots are not really evidence.
Im using exchanger address on my bitcoin wallet, can i prove using eth address?
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:10:57 PM

~

I don't see a reason why you wouldn't be able to do that. As far as I know, the ethereum signature is considered to be as collisionless for current regular computers. I'd give it a try anyway and see how it goes, they should be able to verify it fairly easily. It might take a bit longer for them to do it as they will mainly be using Bitcoin.

Resend your request to Cyrus (not Theymos) in the format Theymos gave on his thread (that has been quoted above on this thread). Follow the rest of the instructions from there (using a ethereum address/signature instead of bitcoin).
dorangjo (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:45:42 AM

~

I don't see a reason why you wouldn't be able to do that. As far as I know, the ethereum signature is considered to be as collisionless for current regular computers. I'd give it a try anyway and see how it goes, they should be able to verify it fairly easily. It might take a bit longer for them to do it as they will mainly be using Bitcoin.

Resend your request to Cyrus (not Theymos) in the format Theymos gave on his thread (that has been quoted above on this thread). Follow the rest of the instructions from there (using a ethereum address/signature instead of bitcoin).

I have made eth sign massage, using eth address in my old account http://prntscr.com/ilxof0.
I can't send PM today because limit 2 PM, I can send to Cyrus tomorrow.
jack_jack

Activity: 141

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:48:42 AM

They never reply dude tried 3 months 😊
tranquanghuy

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:21:23 AM

<insert address here>
<insert signature here>

OR

I made a signature message but with ethereum account. Because I do not use a bitcoin account. And they have not answered me in the last two weeks. Perhaps a better way to secure them. And an article on how to secure bitcointalk account. Many people participate in the forum with the nickname they love and are reputable. After being hacked account they are very difficult to change credibility with new account Sad
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:35:43 AM

I made a signature message but with ethereum account. Because I do not use a bitcoin account. And they have not answered me in the last two weeks. Perhaps a better way to secure them. And an article on how to secure bitcointalk account. Many people participate in the forum with the nickname they love and are reputable. After being hacked account they are very difficult to change credibility with new account Sad

2 weeks isn't very long. Remember this has to be done manually and the admins get a lot of these things they have to put through.

They never reply dude tried 3 months 😊
If you can't sign a public key you've posted here, you're almost never getting your account back. Move on from it now.
Stake an address now on your new account and don't be as careless to not post one you can sign next time.

I have made eth sign massage, using eth address in my old account http://prntscr.com/ilxof0.
I can't send PM today because limit 2 PM, I can send to Cyrus tomorrow.

Let's hope it gets through now. Might take a month or so so be patient for now.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:28:15 PM

The problem is when one presents enough cryptographic signature evidence that you are the owner of a hacked/lost account but the admins in here wouldn't ever reply. There's an obvious problem in the way things are dealt with here with an endless queue of people that have given the needed evidence but never got a reply. This has been the case for ages now.

And I doubt OP's ETH address on your forum profile will be enough. A hacker could change that address. I think the best evidence is to find a quoted post or a locked thread.
The_Don1

Activity: 107

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:36:23 PM

The problem is when one presents enough cryptographic signature evidence that you are the owner of a hacked/lost account but the admins in here wouldn't ever reply. There's an obvious problem in the way things are dealt with here with an endless queue of people that have given the needed evidence but never got a reply. This has been the case for ages now.

And I doubt OP's ETH address on your forum profile will be enough. A hacker could change that address. I think the best evidence is to find a quoted post or a locked thread.

Why any one change his own email and want to recover to old one if it's not hacked ? He is just trying to say pls reset it to old basically the old one is. The legit one it's just simple .. Smiley😢 .. don't know why no 2fa auth here so less chance of hacking .. so many acounts getting hacked..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: