Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 02:25:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as money  (Read 1140 times)
paternoster05

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:37:02 AM

We can't use bitcoin as a money for now. Because the value of bitcoin is not stable. For example right now I invest at bitcoin and I have 5btc but I don't know what will happen tomorrow if my 5btc will go up or down.
Antivoid

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:41:21 AM

bitcoin maybe one kind of monry that people can pay for what they buy, but this will be a long way to go, look at the financial war in reality, then we know  all government are struggling to push their currency, so the powerful country like USA and China will all ban btc
zhangxie29152784

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 12:41:58 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2018, 07:44:57 AM by zhangxie29152784

When the price of a bitcoin rose from $1 to $100, some observers said that bitcoin was a bubble. Similarly, when bitcoin went from $100 to $1,000, the group made the same call again.

Bitcoin is not a currency. By definition, money is a medium of exchange, and its value should depend on the market and the user. But the value of fiat money issued by the government is manipulated by the central bank and is against the will of the people, just as the us government replaces gold with the dollar. Whether bitcoin is currency or not, it is not determined by the government or the central entity. Many users, merchants and businesses use bitcoin as a currency, digital currency, and value store. So bitcoin is money.
Unicorn_Heart

Activity: 115
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:45:36 AM

They say that bitcoin is the future of money. What do you think if we use bitcoin in everyday lives as a money? Like buying foods. Or buying clothes. Do you imagine it positively or negatively?

It would be more convenient if your idea will become a reality. It is also safer to not bring physical cash with you in buying goods. So in a nutshell i think it will positively impact us. The negative side I could only think is the system error just in case everyone is using it at the same time. Actually having this idea is not really different from a cashless country just like Sweden or the people who chose to get chipped.

enwi

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 12:49:42 AM

They say that bitcoin is the future of money. What do you think if we use bitcoin in everyday lives as a money? Like buying foods. Or buying clothes. Do you imagine it positively or negatively?

Using bitcoin as a daily necessity payment is good but requires an online connection and long confirmation, so it will be more difficult and not all places can accept bitcoin as payment

Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:01:58 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2018, 12:24:29 PM by Silent26

Yes. It will positively affect us if we use bitcoin as payment to our daily expenses. When buying clothes outdoor, it is much safer to use bitcoin as a payment for buying clothes or other staff outside because here in our country, snatchers and other bad people can steal your money but with bitcoin, they can't be able to steal any money from you because with just your device you can buy anything. The only problem using bitcoin as payment is,first without internet. Because without internet you cannot be able to access you bitcoin wallet, thats why Internet is necessary at all time. Second problem is, the transaction fee. Although transaction fee is not too expensive, using it daily and deducting a little amount of fee everytime you pay using bitcoin will be a large amount of bitcoin deducted to you too.
But in overall, I think bitcoin is still a positive affect.

404 Not Found
Klausi

Activity: 536
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:03:51 AM

Yes. It will positively affect us if we use bitcoin as payment to our daily expenses. When buying clothes outdoor, it is much safer to use bitcoin as a payment for buying clothes or other staff outside because here in our country, snatchers and other bad people can steal your money but with bitcoin, they can't be able to steal any money from you because with just your device you can buy anything. The only problem using bitcoin as payment is,first without internet. Because without internet you can be able to access you bitcoin wallet, thats why Internet is necessary at all time. Second problem is, the transaction fee. Although transaction fee is not too expensive, using it daily and deducting a little amount of fee everytime you pay using bitcoin will be a large amount of bitcoin deducted to you too.
But in overall, I think bitcoin is still a positive affect.

There is nothing wrong with that idea. In my own understanding bitcoin as money is possible, however this may take a several years to be implemented. Its been how many decades we were using cash as a mode of payment in our daily lives so its really hard for many countries to implement such. In my country many people agree with it but most of the population still confused because using bitcoin needs an internet connection. Thus, this idea may really happen in the future as our technology will also be upgraded.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
MNtrio

Activity: 248
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:16:20 AM

I think in positively, i think it was a big chance to be useful money in the future that there will be app that need to be scan in the store in order to pay our bill. Hope there will be project creating an application to use in the future.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:24:49 AM

Well, if you deem using it as money, it will relatively be used just like any fiat currency. You would not regard it as Bitcoin. But the thing is, Bitcoin has to be regulated to be controlled in terms of its price volatility. If we cannot control or stabilize its price, both producers/manufacturers and consumers will most likely be unduly prejudiced by its price fluctuations every time there are major price swings. This, however, varies to some extent because sometimes you will greatly benefit from it while, at some point, you will be suffering major loss. So if we regard and use Bitcoin as money, it should be like the latter that is regulated and controlled by central banks.
colmenajose

Activity: 278

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:52:25 AM

I think it would positively affect the fact of being able to make daily purchases with bitcoin, since being a currency of deflation could be cheaper purchases over time.
elwiswoodie

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:54:20 AM

if Bitcoin replaces money
I think the 0.001 fee is very heavy for users to use in daily transactions
unless he is a large entrepreneur with a minimum income of 10,000 USD per month
or maybe he is a car entrepreneur
mkhjhv

Activity: 59

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:56:24 AM

It's a little bit tricky for now, bitcoin is moving slowly and costly, unless new technology can be developed to change that, or Bitcoin as a daily payment is not enough to replace the currency.
oemar bakrie

Activity: 1274
Merit: 100

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:01:46 AM

which I imagine bitcoin as a currency for the means of payment may be an interesting thing, because we do not carry money directly, just use gadgets btc address request, and we send,it will be the best phenomenal of all time in my life..
and I expect security for bitcoin to start in the calculation so that all no events we do not want..

vionas

Activity: 261

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:45:43 AM

Bitcoin is not currently suitable for small transactions, length of transactions and high transaction costs makes bitcoin not good for small transactions. We recommend you trade it into local money first, and you easily make small transactions.
aakriti

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:56:14 AM

Bitcoin is the future of currency and no doubt as credit card and debit cards are popular, In future Bitcoin will be popular for the payment at every where.
hxxxiu

Activity: 68

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:00:56 AM

I think it is impossible, because the price of bitcoin is not stable. If you trade in bitcoin, if the next second bitcoin appreciates, consumers may not trade again, which damages the interests of the merchant.
chipzeru

Activity: 686
Merit: 39

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:23:00 AM

Only if bitcoin can speed up its transaction speed and lowering the fees, i think it could be happens but it still needs a long time to go i guess.
There's still many people who have no idea what bitcoin is and how to use IoT stuff so the paper money will still exist. Need a long time to educate people about bitcoin and how it works.
millenniumcoin

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:27:23 AM

It obvious that Cryptocurrency is very much here to stay, the road look slow but gradualy, bitcoin may achieve the purpose it was invented by Satoshi.
The planed cashless society make Bitcoin stand out as a digit currency that would achieve this policy.but a cashless future doesn't necessarily require government-backed digital currency. And while the technology underlying Bitcoin and other such cryptocurrencies will almost certainly have many useful applications, replacing physical cash may be difficult.

Blockchain technology gives Bitcoin two crucial characteristics -- it can be exchanged peer-to-peer without the need for a trusted intermediary, and it lets transactions be anonymous. In both these ways, Bitcoin resembles physical cash. But whereas physical cash is the liability of a government, with a central bank controlling its value, Bitcoin is a liability of nobody.
Gintama214

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:37:09 AM

For me, if bitcoin would become our future currency, in which there's a big possibility that this would happen in the future. There would be a positive and negative impact. The positive side of using bitcoin as our money is that it is convenient to use since it is just like using a bank card. On the other hand, the negative side of using bitcoin is that it is not stable, sometimes it fluctuates, sometimes it's stable.
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:38:29 AM

Without lightning network bitcoin is digital gold. When devs implements ln then may be. But now bitcoin is too slow

You must be living in the past, then, because as stated at this website, it will take you somewhere between 30 minutes for your coins to arrive if you have paid a minimum of 21 satoshi/byte. Compared to 2017, that is an impressive amount of time needed to get your transaction confirmed, plus it's cheaper too. Bank wire transfers take at least 3 business days in order to get processed, and if you ask me, that isn't economical nor feasible if I need the money urgently. Bitcoin being used as a currency right now is already okay, but saying that bitcoin is only a store of value without the lightning network is completely off, knowing that the cryptocurrency has existed for 9 years without the said feature and transactions are still being confirmed as expected.
Lightening network is still a long awaited development that will improve transaction to a shorter period. Lets wait to the implementation of the development before we fault it outrightly. At least the low value payment will be taken care of.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All