Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:12:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as money  (Read 1140 times)
ElizRu

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:48:47 PM

There will be both positive and negative sides to this issue. Consider everything simplified and become more complicated at the same time. Just let's look at all this and be participants, and then we can compare, it's worse or better.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
laravuemaster

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:49:36 PM

They say that bitcoin is the future of money. What do you think if we use bitcoin in everyday lives as a money? Like buying foods. Or buying clothes. Do you imagine it positively or negatively?

Bitcoin can be our money if the governments will allow it and it has a higher chance that it will happen since jack ma who invented alibaba is also planning to live a cashless country for everyone to have easier and secure transactions.

MCVXYZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:01:32 PM

They say that bitcoin is the future of money. What do you think if we use bitcoin in everyday lives as a money? Like buying foods. Or buying clothes. Do you imagine it positively or negatively?

It depends on bitcoin technological issue,moreover this process needs more political will from financial leaders...If there are high fees, people won't use BTC as a money because in this scenario it will not be favorable situation for society,especially for them who will buy cheap goods for example food.So this is a future issue and I think it will come true because of bitcoin's developing nature,At the same time,If we want bitcoin as  money we must  take into account that there will be need to solve a lot of  legal issues.I like that Today America is a very good iniciator for implementing bitcoin on  institutional level,for example they are going to levy taxes in illinois by bitcoin which is a good indicator to hurry proceedings.Anyway I imagine it very positively...
Amelial

Activity: 160
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:11:28 PM

Yes.. We can pay our business and  buy something use btc
Shipitcinvova

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:09:36 AM

Bitcoin is a decentralized electronic crypto currency created by Satoshi Nakamoto in 2008. Bitcoin uses a single distributed database on the network, included in a decentralized peer-to-peer network
ViceKing

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:16:17 AM

yes,bitcion as money.bitcoin crpto currency market place coin.bitcoin work and eran money and succesful coin market.thare are many pepole follow is bitcoin market place.becasue bitcoin is the best
Pier7

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:18:17 AM

Bitcoin is unregulated, hence, there is no buyer protection. When goods are bought using bitcoins and the seller doesn't send the promise goods nothing can be done to take the bitcoin back. Users must be very careful when they send funds as transactions cannot be undone.
thaoni23

Activity: 71

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:29:17 AM

Marinecoin wants to promote the development of the community. Therefore they give out the FREE ICO event, where you can get 450000 MTC for free and it's based on your contribution. Just do 5 posts on bitcointalk on the project and a social network post you are participating in. Make them and register an account on the forum marinecoin https://marineco.in/forum/
Go to the topic of the FREE ICO event and read the post and follow the instructions that the moderator has set.
-Marinecoin is 500% faster than bitcoin
-You can download Marinecoin wallet on your PC (OS windows or OS
https://marineco.in/#wallet
Learn more at: https: //marineco.in
weblouartisan

Activity: 448

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:01:03 PM

I think that within reason almost all merchants are still going to want to receive funds in their own currency as you mentioned. It's too risky and complicated for them otherwise.

I mentioned cards because of this reason, it's an easy way to pay in bitcoin but the merchant receive their own currency.

I have not come across these hot wallets within phones, how would you use them to pay for something in a store? Say you wanted to buy a coffee? Are these the new ones that you scan a virtual card on your phone screen?

Was referring to ordinary android/iphone apps. Merchants can have watch only wallet and they can import xPub from BIP39/44 and recieve funds that way and you simply scan qr code from their monitor and send cryptocurrency. You have Blockchain Merchant that is awatch only wallet and does what I mentioned above for bitcoin payments.

It is possible even to pay by phone for national currencies and this is being used in some countries and with some merchants. So we can see that in future even cards might get replaced with mobile phones. As all of us carry mobile phone I don't see the reason for card to exist for cryptocurrency. Of course there is a risk if you lose your mobile phone or if it gets compromised so for this you want to make sure that your wallet is encrypted on the device and not to store large quantities. Anyways cards can be stolen and compromised as well.

I really did not know about this, I'll definitely look in to it. If that technology already exists then I have to agree that you're right that in time cards will be phased out. I don't think we are quite there yet though so I do feel there will be a period where cards are necessary for cryptocurrencies. I guess even beyond mobile phones we will eventually have something along the lines of microchips fitted in each individual that can be used for idenfitication and payments.

In my own opinion, bitcoins is only good for using as a payment to buy products and goods online and we are going to use it as a credit card. In this way we can have less taxes to pay and faster transactions for different products we want to buy.

balabolo135

Activity: 122

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:04:33 AM

Yes, it's a gold in crypto
ildanalu

Activity: 39

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:19:28 PM

Bitcoin can be used as a currency, that was the main objective when it was developed. The big difference would be that it's decentralized. In fact, Bitcoin is already used as a currency and is accepted by some big companies. When Lightning network is implemented, it will be faster and cheaper to use as a currency.

or maybe bitcoin still will stay as gold, and some more progressive coins will be used like everyday currency?
SiDtHeBeSt

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:54:03 PM

Yes, I think such a thing is going to happen in the future. If the popularity of bitcoins keep increasing in the way it is now, sooner or later most of the people in the world would be owning/using bitcoins. There might be some people who wouldn't like this idea and would oppose it, but the number of such people might decrease in time. So, I think bitcoins would be used as a currency soon and in some places it is already accepted as a payment for their goods/services.
cmacwiz

Activity: 704
Merit: 270

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:09:01 PM

Yes this is absolute correct that bitcoin is the future money. Many people use Bitcoin to fulfill their various needs. Many students and middle class family person use Bitcoin to fulfil their daily needs Smiley. Many small retailer use Bitcoin so many people use Bitcoin for buying stuffs from them. Many  multinational company like Microsoft, Amazon, Green gaming etc start accepting Bitcoin as a payment and their also some online Bitcoin store present. By using Bitcoin you can buy goods from their. So these are some positive side of it Cheesy. In order to use Bitcoin you must need an well established Internet connection. It means if you have no Internet you doesn't use it.  Embarrassed
hxk451

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:20:43 PM

Obviously I for one think about this as a negative thing. I think for the time being BTC can not yet be a substitute for money as far as installment terms. You know the development of BTC is extremely fluctuating and that is one reason BTC can not be called as a methods for installment.
jona

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:45:47 PM

People are already using bitcoin as money ,so many hospitals and few shopping mails are using bitcoin as there payment method same way we use our local currency to shop.I have view bitcoin and fiat currency as same
zaytsevsasha654

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:58:18 PM

This means that no central body has the ability to dictate rules to the owners of bitcoins, as, say, it was in early 2013 in Cyprus. And even if some part of the network goes offline, the payment system will continue to work stably.
MommyElsa

Activity: 387

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:07:34 PM

It is possible that bitcoin may use to buy some goods but most probably it is more applicable in grocery and supermarket but not in a small establishments.

🥤🧊🥤🧊        ONLINE SOCIAL COMMUNICATION & DATING APK         🧊🥤🧊🥤
SaiWAFU

Activity: 193
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:21:15 PM

Imagine buying food for 5 dollars then having a transaction fee of 1 dollars instead of paying it directly with fiat money. If your internet was cut you won't be able to pay for food and starve to death.

Bitcoin offers convenience with other transactions but for it to replace fiat money still unthinkable. There will be alot of changes and adjustments from small market to big market before it happens.
yj300316

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:17:57 AM

This is have a possibility to occur in the future. You can use your mobile phone to create a bitcoin wallet.
If you want to pay something, just use the mobile phone to pay it using your bitcoin wallet.

W E M A R K   ❱ ❱❱   https://www.wemark.com/
Blockchain-based marketplace for digital content
Arata

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:40:14 AM

Although not all aspects but bitcoin as a means of payment is already realized. Look for it already there are some online stores, hotels and restaurants that receive payment with bitcoin. I think it is something positive that everything will be easy, but something positive can also be negative if it is used by an irresponsible person
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: