Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 04:40:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing Bitcoin to amateur investors  (Read 957 times)
neutralist (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 08:19:49 PM

So I posted this thread in the CoinTalk forums about collecting Casascius Bitcoin as a proof of life-changing invention:

http://www.cointalk.com/threads/casascius-bitcoin.236922/

And then one of the schmuck reply as such:

I am not excited about bitcoins because I don't trust them. Some unknown guy comes up with an algorithm. Somehow he convinces others this somehow produces something of value. Today he holds a large percentage of all bitcoins in "existence".

I think we should posting over there to explain exactly what is Bitcoin, do some little PR, and especially given the socioeconomic status that frequent the CoinTalk forum, having them joining the fun (either by investing or mining BTC) could mean significant move in BTC prices.
dragonkid

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 08:25:55 PM

So I posted this thread in the CoinTalk forums about collecting Casascius Bitcoin as a proof of life-changing invention:

http://www.cointalk.com/threads/casascius-bitcoin.236922/

And then one of the schmuck reply as such:

I am not excited about bitcoins because I don't trust them. Some unknown guy comes up with an algorithm. Somehow he convinces others this somehow produces something of value. Today he holds a large percentage of all bitcoins in "existence".

I think we should posting over there to explain exactly what is Bitcoin, do some little PR, and especially given the socioeconomic status that frequent the CoinTalk forum, having them joining the fun (either by investing or mining BTC) could mean significant move in BTC prices.

There is no need to try to preach to non believers.

AU

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 09:03:11 PM

Btc will click with like minded individuals.. Don't waste your time with the haters

Razer Blade 14" for sale
BTC: 1E1QQDq8keR9uVykmxSzo7CUYrWtQ6J9M8
neutralist (OP)

Activity: 85

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 09:14:33 PM

Btc will click with like minded individuals.. Don't waste your time with the haters

I don't think all of them are haters, probably just never heard of BTC or it is being misinformed.  Grin
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:02:06 AM

I don't think all of them are haters, probably just never heard of BTC or it is being misinformed.  Grin

It is hard to understand bitcoin. The only way you can see how good it is, is by sitting down and start reading about it... the problem is that you need time for that and most of the people is (still) not interested.
madmadmax

Activity: 740
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:37:23 AM

Speculative investors aren't exactly good for Bitcoin so I think that we should all be happy that they are too stupid to understand Bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
f

Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:58:42 AM

I think there's quite a bit of value in trying to help coin collectors and bullion stackers understand and appreciate bitcoin. One of bitcoin's core value-propositions is scarcity, and that, combined with its other properties, makes it a great store of value, very similar to gold and silver (but without the Achilles' heel of those mediums in modern electronic society: tangibility). Those folks are EXACTLY who you want to understand bitcoin because once they get over the physicality issue, they'll very readily see why bitcoin is valuable.

I've spent some time on coin and bullion forums educating people about bitcoin. Obviously there are tons of painful, incredibly ignorant and stupid posts, but there are genuinely good conversations as well. And even the guys arguing with you who keep coming back to the bitcoin threads are obviously thinking about it and may come around eventually. It takes time.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:05:04 AM

Just throw in the word "Twitter" or "Cloud" and you should be OK Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: