Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 06:55:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain meets Cannabis 🌱  (Read 220 times)
Cannerald (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:49:56 PM

Hello Everybody

We are a startup from Switzerland in the IT and Cannabis sector, we are planning an ICO by the end of the year to revolutionize the Cannabis and Blockchain market as there are not many great things around yet.

What are your opinions about the current blockchain technology and Cannabis?

Do you think there could be better solutions as right now?

Would be cool to hear your ideas about these two topics!
thurlowweed

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 01:24:00 AM

Hey, I'm from the USA, actually, Denver, Colorado USA, one of the first states to legalize cannabis for recreational purposes in the USA.  My wife and I started the first cannabis club in Denver, and we just celebrated our 5 year in business a couple of weeks ago.

While there are a few blockchain projects in the cannabis industry, there are really are not any projects that have really caught on.  So just a project that can see wide adoption would be something that would really help.

If you need someone to help promote your ICO when you are ready to launch, please let me know.  Not only do I have businesses in the cannabis industry, I also host a cryptocurrency Youtube channel where we review ICO's, interview project managers and CEO's of these projects and more.

Good luck, and please let me know if you have any questions.

Grin
Cannerald (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:08:46 PM

Hey, I'm from the USA, actually, Denver, Colorado USA, one of the first states to legalize cannabis for recreational purposes in the USA.  My wife and I started the first cannabis club in Denver, and we just celebrated our 5 year in business a couple of weeks ago.

While there are a few blockchain projects in the cannabis industry, there are really are not any projects that have really caught on.  So just a project that can see wide adoption would be something that would really help.

If you need someone to help promote your ICO when you are ready to launch, please let me know.  Not only do I have businesses in the cannabis industry, I also host a cryptocurrency Youtube channel where we review ICO's, interview project managers and CEO's of these projects and more.

Good luck, and please let me know if you have any questions.

Grin
WoW 5 years, congratulations to you and your wife for this! Yes that is what we also thought when we had a look at the market. The coins for cannabis right now are pretty much useless and they are just backed by the name and a story that is it :/

Right now in Switzerland we are just allowed to plant cannabis with max. 1% THC substance, so this means we just can plant the non-psychoactive plants right now. There is a poll by the end of the year to legalize the normal cannabis as well!

I will send you a pm with some more detailes as we plan everything since mid 2017 so let's see what you think of it.

Cheers,
Cannerald (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:49:44 PM

Hello Everybody

We are a startup from Switzerland in the IT and Cannabis sector, we are planning an ICO by the end of the year to revolutionize the Cannabis and Blockchain market as there are not many great things around yet.

in my opinion, Cannabis is a good thing and useful for help to cure people but with doctor's. it is good to see if cannabis can be legalize with a note that it is not sell public for people.
So in your opinion cannabis should not be available for everyone just for the ones who need it right?
cryptoatomic

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:04:52 PM

So what are you planning to do?do you have any good working product/services that might be helpful to the cannabis users here? the cannabis industry today is pretty lame,CANN,DOPE,THC etc are not widely being use in our community but i am a great fan because i am using cannabis everyday because it can keep me chill when i am working almost half of my day.
ArtiSHOCK

Activity: 45

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:09:26 PM

This is not the first startup associated with marijuana and other drugs. No matter how unfortunate it is, blockchain is closely connected with modern drug trafficking!
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:20:38 PM

Hello Everybody

You should see what Growers International (GRWI) is doing.  They have a nice approach, an online marketplace and partnerships.  http://growersintl.com/
QFT

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:28:43 PM

Hello Everybody

We have seen a lot of cannabis coins already and most seem like pnd's to me.
Cannerald (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:39:43 PM

So what are you planning to do?do you have any good working product/services that might be helpful to the cannabis users here? the cannabis industry today is pretty lame,CANN,DOPE,THC etc are not widely being use in our community but i am a great fan because i am using cannabis everyday because it can keep me chill when i am working almost half of my day.
Yes you said it right all these coins are pretty much useless or the ecosystem is lame.
What about if you could own your own plant over a coin Wink ?
Imagine you want to have your own plant but your circumstances or the goverment do not allow it, we could help you with it.
So you do not need to speculate with your money on some new ICO or jump on the hype train instead you can simply invest into real value and get back real back profits without loosing your initial invest.

This is not the first startup associated with marijuana and other drugs. No matter how unfortunate it is, blockchain is closely connected with modern drug trafficking!
Of course it is but is there a cannabis coin which is big and has good potential? We do not know one that is why we plan to do something new.
jemarleon

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

Silence

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:49:06 PM

Hi, Im Jemarleon from Philippines where Cannabis is not legal.

Even though I am one of the user of these before, I dont agree with this post because many kids here in the PH 10-17 years old uses this kind of drugs because of addiction.

Im in favor of legalizing Cannabis here but for medication use only, because many people here abuses the use of Cannabis.
Cannerald (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:50:41 PM

Hello Everybody

You should see what Growers International (GRWI) is doing.  They have a nice approach, an online marketplace and partnerships.  http://growersintl.com/
Yeah but they did not have had an ICO right? The idea is good but we think we can do better as Cannabis is such a huge market and so many people support it worldwide already!

Hello Everybody

We have seen a lot of cannabis coins already and most seem like pnd's to me.
What do you think about a coin backed by real value, by real value I mean plants Smiley
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:53:22 PM

Digital Currency Looks to Solve Cannabis Industry’s Cash Problem

https://cointelegraph.com/news/digital-currency-looks-to-solve-cannabis-industrys-cash-problem

Seeing an opportunity to gain access to a $6.7 bln market, the digital currency Dash partnered with Alt Thirty Six in April 2017. The Dash network, through its decentralized self-funding mechanism,
is paying the company $496,000 to integrate Dash as a payment option in the cannabis industry’s point of sale (POS) systems. The vendor also has skin in the game, having spent nearly $700,000
of their own money developing the POS platform.

As part of this arrangement, Dash will be the only digital currency offered by the point of sale platform. According to the budget proposal submitted to the Dash network:

“We have three major verticals identified and solidified reseller partnerships that will adopt the Alt Thirty Six + Dash payment solutions:

Independent Software Vendors (ISV) – Music & celebrity apparel company (100+ online stores), online marketing automation partner (600+ clients), and more.
Value Added Reseller (VAR) –IBM, Sirius Computer Solutions, Industry Specific point-of-sale (POS) Partners
Ecommerce Retailers – Sirius Computer Solutions​”
The vendor has been making monthly progress reports to the Dash community and work continues apace. The platform’s initial release is scheduled for December of this year.

Updates can be found here : https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/alt-thirty-six-dash-platform-project-updates-june-july-aug-sept-oct-nov-dec.15244/

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Cannerald (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:04:33 PM

Hi, Im Jemarleon from Philippines where Cannabis is not legal.

Even though I am one of the user of these before, I dont agree with this post because many kids here in the PH 10-17 years old uses this kind of drugs because of addiction.

Im in favor of legalizing Cannabis here but for medication use only, because many people here abuses the use of Cannabis.
Hello to the Philippines, might be a little warmer than here in europe.

Okay, but people who drink alcohol and get drunk every weekend are not addicted? In my opinion Cannabis is far the better chocie or am I wrong?
Leona Lewis

Activity: 181
Merit: 5

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 08:32:28 PM

There are 16 cannabis=related tokens already  Grin , here is hte list:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2658296.0
Do you offer something better than others?

▂▂▂▂▂  E Q U I  ▂▂▂▂▂
Transforming Venture Capital
Cannerald (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:46:11 PM

There are 16 cannabis=related tokens already  Grin , here is hte list:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2658296.0
Do you offer something better than others?
Of course we do, if not we would not plan our own coin and ICO since 2017.
We are centralized so like ripple, our coin is backed by real value - cannabis plants.
This makes the ecosystem stable and perfect for online shope use as the price won't change 50% a day or so.

matthewoz101

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:46:44 PM

Hello Everybody

I haven't found any blockchain technologies that would be of use. I'm in the US where it's illegal in my state, but legal in the state my sister lives. The cannabis community seems to be very passionate about their plant. I would like there to be a decentralized social and economic token for global cannabis. A social media platform specifically for cannabis and that allows for direct payments and a way for trusted suppliers to have clients. That's what I would like to see.
LamontFalkner

Activity: 122

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:52:15 PM

Hello Everybody

great to see another pot-coin in the market # make marijuana legal
gargavaar

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:05:08 PM

Blockchains, cryptocurrency and weed, this start up will cause some governments to have a collective aneurysm  Grin
I like!
trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:12:14 PM

Great idea! Hope you manage to find some important solutions to current problems of cannabis industry. Global legalization is one of many problems in our day. If you could somehow influence people into acting against pro-cannabis activist you'd not only gain traction in global cannabis community but also extend cannabis market itself. Looking forward to your work.
Cannerald (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:37:59 PM

Hello Everybody

I haven't found any blockchain technologies that would be of use. I'm in the US where it's illegal in my state, but legal in the state my sister lives. The cannabis community seems to be very passionate about their plant. I would like there to be a decentralized social and economic token for global cannabis. A social media platform specifically for cannabis and that allows for direct payments and a way for trusted suppliers to have clients. That's what I would like to see.
This is deifficult to achieve and still be decentralized. We plan it into your direction but centralized so that we can make sure there are no scammers as this is one of the biggest issue. What else do you think should change?

Hello Everybody

great to see another pot-coin in the market # make marijuana legal
What should be changed compare to all the other projects or what would you suggest?

Blockchains, cryptocurrency and weed, this start up will cause some governments to have a collective aneurysm  Grin
I like!
We are backed by our goverment here in Switzerland Wink We want to pretty much change the world and the cannabis sector with our project so we are happy for every help and idea!

Great idea! Hope you manage to find some important solutions to current problems of cannabis industry. Global legalization is one of many problems in our day. If you could somehow influence people into acting against pro-cannabis activist you'd not only gain traction in global cannabis community but also extend cannabis market itself. Looking forward to your work.

What are your ideas for the current problems of the cannabis industry or what should be fixed? What do you think about a centralized ecosystem where the coin is bound to plants?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: