Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 11:09:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The cryptocurrency as national currencies  (Read 156 times)
Jackypot (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 11:07:53 PM

the cryptocurrencies will be the national currencies in 10 years or less
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:15:33 PM

That, in fact, could be a possibility.

However, it is only possible if the national governments of each country we are referring to here decides to issue their own coins, essentially. Just like what Venezuela and Russia is planning on doing with their respective cryptocurrencies.

There is no way that bitcoin will become a national currency because governments will essentially forgo all controls on its economy by doing so, since bitcoin and other decentralized cryptocurrencies are not debt-based. BTC and other cryptos will be seen as a sort of an international trade unit, if you will.
makuhpal

Activity: 256
Merit: 10

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:19:50 PM

Might be? but it needs a lot of time more than that.It will start from the countries if these countries has started adopting the blockchain technology im sure most of the people in the world will use cryptocurrencies instead of the fiat in the future,it will be achieved when these countries will not prohibit the use of cryptocurrencies.

cryptoatomic

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:34:52 PM

I dont think it will happen in the near future,fully adoption needs some decades to be achieve and i dont think it will be an easy adoption because the banks will always find their way to stop cryptocurrencies,we are already seeing what these bankers can do,a lot of countries are starting to regulate the cryptocurrencies which is not a good sign.
xcbjsuw

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:52:02 PM

Maybe it will happen in the future, because of the great blockchain technology.
Adil Amim

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:53:42 PM

A national cryptocurrency will always be the best choice because it is more efficient and transparent. Every country around the globe may consider to develop their own national cryptocurrency and try to adopt the advanced blockchain technology for the better development of the country and people.
Leona Lewis

Activity: 181
Merit: 5

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 09:14:31 PM

For small countries with economic(and maybe other) problems that can be definetely great idea.
For example few days ago Venezuela already started with their cryptocurrency called Petro.

▂▂▂▂▂  E Q U I  ▂▂▂▂▂
Transforming Venture Capital
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1670

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:14:03 PM

Well it could be that a government backed crypto could be a a legal tender. But I don't know if it can replaced the old and traditional fiat as national currencies. Do you think that Yen can be replaced by bitcoin in Japan? I don't think so.

There still some people (usually elderly), who still opted to used FIAT instead of crypto currencies. But it could happened in a liberal and open minded countries like Sweden or Canada or the USA.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Vansire

Merit: 102

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:22:19 PM

Suddenly since last month's Petro many countries are presenting plans for their own crypto coin. I'm not sure if I see the point if they're issued by the government. You'd probably get all of downsides and none of the benefits of crypto.

X I W Λ T T                  TELEGRAM        MEDIUM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK                   WHITEPAPER     
A Platform that Enables Individuals & Communities to Crowdfund, Co-own & Trade Renewable Energy Assets
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     [ PRE-SALE ]    C O M I N G   S O O N     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Destined2bGreat

Activity: 197

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:25:31 PM

we still have many people that struggle for food, but food is common eveywhere
so why do you think crypto will become national currencies, it`s no so usefull
joletartare

Activity: 672
Merit: 22

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:26:05 PM

I think Petro give the opportunity to many scamers to make fake coins... when all these will disappear, I'm not sure that many national coin will remain.
vrabac68

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:55:14 PM

Yes you are right.Estonia,Venezuela ,Germany Switzerland Slovenia are among first ones to implement them.CANT WAIT
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:01:29 PM

Decentralized currency in a centralized government? I do not think so. I think governments will not let control go out of their hands and that is cryptocurrency is all about. NO controls, no boundaries. It should be universal and can be used anywhere internet can reach. Governments cannot allow that unless they go bankrupt.
FinbarAdley

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:04:54 PM

i think so i mean currencies need to evolve and the best thing are crypto currency and everything has it's pros and cons
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 07:29:54 PM

That could be true if we could guess what role would the bank play in the future. Banks is a part of the system, and the system needs money from me and you. I don't believe that banks will surrender without giving a fight. Even if cryptocurrencies prevail, I'm afraid that banks will issue their own cryptos (decentralized and premined of course) in order to trick the majority of the investors. Guess what, I believe the majority will bite the bait. We have a long long way yet to do.

Olga1111

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:37:30 PM

I think that how hardly it will happen in the near future.
Yana_1

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:50:10 PM

I think it could be happened earlier. Today few countries already told us about national cryptocurrency, like Venezuela, Turkish, Marshall Islands.
uservalera

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:58:07 PM

I do not think that it will take that much time, some countries are already trying to use crypto currency, and in fact all other countries can very quickly follow this if they see a benefit for themselves.
stooky
Copper Member

Activity: 24

Crypto fan.

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:07:48 PM

Less than 10 years.

Even slow moving countries like Canada are discussing blockchain and crypto solutions at government levels.

Crypto fan.
kinki32

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:10:19 PM

If not will be resolved problem with scalability then that never be.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: