Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:12:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Oscar Awards 2018 Betting  (Read 467 times)
Lionidas

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:18:02 PM

Jordan Peele can be the dark horse here and I think he might have a good chance of winning the best director awards. Everyone was surprised as a comedian like Jordan can create a master piece like. His new concept on how the Horror Genre can be is good, no jump scares, no sudden ghost appearances he has done a horror movie that can possibly happen. Although it is a long shot with all the big names out there like Guillermo del Toro and Christopher Nolan but I'll be happy to see him win.
Just like what happened to the winner of best picture last year.
I thought La La Land was a sure lock to win it but then they had Moonlight win it.
That one was the dark horse during last years oscars so you never really know with these sort of odds. Undecided
To this day I haven't watched it. Cheesy
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
A Confused Shoe

Activity: 117
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:49:05 AM

And now I can't even access the site, getting this: 502 Bad Gateway. Thay blocked me right after my registration. Smiley

I'm not mad. This is funny actually. Maybe there are too many hackers in the area where I live, so they have to block the whole area. Smiley

Anyway, I think I will try to bet on Oscars next year. Thanks for your help though.

Ah man, sorry to hear that! You really exhausted like every SINGLE option, haha. Next year!
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:10:22 PM

Jordan Peele can be the dark horse here and I think he might have a good chance of winning the best director awards. Everyone was surprised as a comedian like Jordan can create a master piece like. His new concept on how the Horror Genre can be is good, no jump scares, no sudden ghost appearances he has done a horror movie that can possibly happen. Although it is a long shot with all the big names out there like Guillermo del Toro and Christopher Nolan but I'll be happy to see him win.

I hope it happens, but I don't think that the "Oscars" will give a Black director and Black lead this award two years in a row - given how they found a way to take the limelight away from Moonlight last year. There is overwhelming support for Jordan Peele and Get Out; But would it happen? Today I saw on twitter from @nowthisnews that "Some Older Oscar voters are refusing to watch Get Out because its not an Oscar Movie"; despite 4 oscar nominations including best picture. That is enough reason for you to watch it and vote for it. I think Logic trumps emotions or sentiments in this one. I think that is just a plain stupid reason.
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:10:48 AM

Oscars will be on in 2 hours.Start preparing the popcorn, drinks and bets hehehe.

It started now.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Sanitough

Activity: 2828
Merit: 673

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:48:10 AM

Oscars will be on in 2 hours.Start preparing the popcorn, drinks and bets hehehe.

It started now.
I am actually watching it now but I am not lucky I was not able to find this tread earlier, because of that I was not able to bet
on this Oscar Awards. Just enjoying it now, I hope OP will win all his bets, good luck to you, just betting live on NBA right now.
reactorjuno

Activity: 322
Merit: 43

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:44:32 AM

Shape of Water has odds around 3.0 where I bet (3/1 or +200 depends on your favorite odds format).
This is great value in my opinion.
Also Sam Rockwell is a lock for best supporting actor, I am glad he will win it, he is so underrated and has been one of my favorite actor for years.
Don't say I did not tell you Wink Great value above 3.0, cannot believe Three Billboards was favored so much.
DIA7

Activity: 1442
Merit: 602

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:19:55 PM

Shape of Water has odds around 3.0 where I bet (3/1 or +200 depends on your favorite odds format).
Also Sam Rockwell is a lock for best supporting actor, I am glad he will win it, he is so underrated and has been one of my favorite actor for years.
Don't say I did not tell you Wink Great value above 3.0, cannot believe Three Billboards was favored so much.
yeah I also expected from the shape of water to win the best picture and Del Toro as best director he have been nominated for 3 times and it was time for him to get it such a talented director and for the three Billboards outside ebbings was a good runner's up always been in the Oscars as they already won in Bafta awards and Oscars tend to go the opposite side maybe to give a meaning for the award not boring it like one movie wins all the awards but they got at the end the best actress and the best supporting actor and for The darkest hour it was a well deserved win for Gary oldman a really great performance as Churchill couldn't be better.
Japinat

Activity: 2968
Merit: 680

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:48:59 AM

yeah I also expected from the shape of water to win the best picture and Del Toro as best director he have been nominated for 3 times and it was time for him to get it such a talented director and for the three Billboards outside ebbings was a good runner's up always been in the Oscars as they already won in Bafta awards and Oscars tend to go the opposite side maybe to give a meaning for the award not boring it like one movie wins all the awards but they got at the end the best actress and the best supporting actor and for The darkest hour it was a well deserved win for Gary oldman a really great performance as Churchill couldn't be better.
You guys has a chance to win if you were able to watch the movie. I was not interested in betting since most of the nominies came from the movie I did not watch. Honestly, I was only able to watch the greatest showman but they have not won any award, so upset because it's one of my favorite movies.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
reactorjuno

Activity: 322
Merit: 43

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:41:25 AM

You guys has a chance to win if you were able to watch the movie. I was not interested in betting since most of the nominies came from the movie I did not watch. Honestly, I was only able to watch the greatest showman but they have not won any award, so upset because it's one of my favorite movies.
Just use utorrent, and download the movies, I watched three billboards, then watch shape of water, even though I prefer three billboards, I knew deep down shape of water would win because it is more poetic and is the kind of movie that usually wins the oscar for best picture. American are sometimes predictable Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: