Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:48:34 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please help me to recover my 1.26 BTC  (Read 1194 times)
strotherNY (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 10:26:32 PM

Please someone help me. I forgot my bitcoin wallet password. It is 10 digit long but first 6 character is sTrOnG.... I forgot last 4 digit (numeric). I tried several times but all wrong.

Is it possible to break this code with any software? If anyone have this type of software please help me. I have 1.26 BTC in this wallet.

If you want I'll send you my wallet.dat file.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4659

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 10:37:03 PM

Be very careful about who you send the wallet.dat to.  There are MANY scammers/thieves around here who will simply take the bitcoins and leave you with nothing.
Magazine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 10:40:09 PM

Also the file the OP sends you might not be a wallet.dat file but a virus to steal your coins.
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 10:42:58 PM

take a look at these threads
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85495.0;all
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=240779.0

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
zakameyusei

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 10:45:43 PM

when i first time use i have send wrong to people too , just need to be more careful : (
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 10:48:49 PM

Watch out for the thieves!

Just keep guessing!
trumbadera

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 10:56:19 PM

Please someone help me. I forgot my bitcoin wallet password. It is 10 digit long but first 6 character is sTrOnG.... I forgot last 4 digit (numeric). I tried several times but all wrong.

Is it possible to break this code with any software? If anyone have this type of software please help me. I have 1.26 BTC in this wallet.

If you want I'll send you my wallet.dat file.

Hey, just 10000 combinations, seems doable in one day just manually trying all combinations !

But I dont believe you have no idea what those 4 digits may look like   Wink
cbhelp

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 10:57:25 PM

Do not give your private key out to anyone, you will NEVER see those coins again if you do.

And to those who want the key, you have to be sure its not a virus disquised as a private key. 

Good luck
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 11:04:09 PM

If you're sure that is correct it's very easy to crack it.  What wallet were you using?  If you find someone trust worthy I'm sure they'd do it for some %.  If find someone untrustworthy they'll crack it for 100%.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 11:06:15 PM

If you're sure that is correct it's very easy to crack it.  What wallet were you using?  If you find someone trust worthy I'm sure they'd do it for some %.  If find someone untrustworthy they'll crack it for 100%.

I think the wallet he is using is Bitcoin-QT.
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 11:07:50 PM

http://www.walletrecoveryservices.com/
Possible!
If, however, you have a vague idea of your passphrase, but can't quite remember it... Then we can help you.
For instance
If you thought your passphrase was probably 'TheIceMan123', but weren't sure about what capitalization or suffix number you used, then we can help.
If you were sure that you wrote down the passphrase 'Hdd%&7d77ddH#3@4' when you chose it, but now it will not unlock the wallet when you type it in, then we can help.
If you were pretty sure that your passphrase contained words from a sentence from 'The Return of the King', but you've forgotten which page, then we can help.
If you reckon that your passphrase is some permutation (with some spaces or maybe capitals) of 6 of the words in the list { 'fred', 'hello', 'from', 'Butter', 'elephant', 'if', 'unlikely', 'green', 'grep', 'gorilla', 'antelopes' }, then we can help.

Decryption Service
We have created a highly optimized multi-threaded C++ program to perform the brute-force decryption. This service is designed right from the start to be a scalable solution - it runs on a cluster of high performance Linux boxes, hosted on the Amazon EC2 cloud. This enables us to scale up to nearly any number of computing cores. We have tested this with up to 100 8-core computers, but more can be brought online if required. The algorithms used to generate the passphrase permutations are proprietary, but are designed to be flexible in order to handle unusual requirements. The encryption used by the Bitcoin wallets is much harder to break than most encryption schemes. A technique known as 'key hardening' is utilised, so that it takes most home computers a full 0.1 seconds to check just one passphrase for correctness. This is why an optimised, distributed, specialized program is required to attempt large numbers of brute force decryption attempts. Update: 21 July 2013: We have improved the service to include decryption of blockchain.info wallets too! If you have forgotten your mobile wallet (blockchain) password, but have (or can get) a copy of your wallet.aes.json file, then we may be able to help. Contact us.

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 11:07:55 PM

Should be really easy then

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 11:21:45 PM

id have a crack at it for a fee of 0.2btc if i dont crack it then theres no fee

knowitnothing

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 11:35:36 PM

Code:
btc=bitcoind

basepwd='sTrOnG'
for i in $(seq -w 0 9999); do
pwdtest="${basepwd}${i}"
${btc} walletpassphrase ${pwdtest} 1
if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
echo "Password is ${pwdtest}"
break
fi
done

Unless I misunderstood the situation (untested code, just wrote here).
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 11:40:32 PM

Could be any wallet really, a lot of people just call it wallet.dat because it's universally used.
strotherNY (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 11:53:49 PM

Could be any wallet really, a lot of people just call it wallet.dat because it's universally used.

I'm using Bitcoin-QT.
GoldenWings91

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:12:08 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2013, 02:52:31 AM by GoldenWings91

Download JSON-RPC Light php: http://jsonrpcphp.org/?page=download&lang=en
Extract jsonRPCCLient.php to some folder.
IN THE SAME FOLDER where jsonRPCLient.php is extracted create a new text document.
Copy the following code, enter the url user and pass, and rename the text document to index.php ( the file extension needs to be changed to php )

<?php

include 'jsonRPCClient.php';

$url = "127.0.0.1:8332"; //enter the url and port of bitcoin rpc server
$user = "";               // enter the rpc user from the bitcoin conf file
$pass = "";             // enter the rpc password from the bitcoin conf file

$bitcoin = new jsonRPCClient("http://".$user.":".$pass."@".$url);

$base = "sTrOnG";
for( $i = 0; $i < 10000; ++$i){
    if( $i < 1000 )
         $i = sprintf("%04s",$i);
    try {
        $bitcoin->walletpassphrase($base.$i, 10);
    } catch (Exception $ex){
        continue;
    }

echo $base.$i;
    break;

}
?>

Download php http://windows.php.net/download/#php-5.5 ( if you're on linux download from the apt-repository )
Drag and drop index.php on php.exe ( on linux simply type "php <path to>/index.php in terminal )

A terminal will pop up where php is executing the code.

If the correct passphrase is found, the execution will stop and the password will be printed in the terminal.

It should take under an hour to brute force this password.

Support The Bitcoin Network By Running A Full Node
Node Stats     GPG Key-ID: 0x445DF2D8     Monetary Freedom Is A Basic Human Right
knowitnothing

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:34:04 AM

for( $i = 1000; $i < 10000; ++$i){
}
?>

Why are you skipping the case where the digits can be between 0000 and 0999 ? Plus, there is no need to download additional things since he has bitcoin-qt already. (See my previous answer)
GoldenWings91

Activity: 141

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:50:17 AM

for( $i = 1000; $i < 10000; ++$i){
}
?>

Why are you skipping the case where the digits can be between 0000 and 0999 ? Plus, there is no need to download additional things since he has bitcoin-qt already. (See my previous answer)

I quickly threw that together and made a mistake  Tongue

Support The Bitcoin Network By Running A Full Node
Node Stats     GPG Key-ID: 0x445DF2D8     Monetary Freedom Is A Basic Human Right
capitalaccent

Activity: 134

Bitleu Team

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 10:18:47 AM

I am not a spec but using bitcoins and, as far as I know, you wont be able to recover it if you lost your encrypted bitcoin id. when registering you must write your id and pass in 2 or 3 safe places, otherwise you lose all bitcoins! Hope you saved it somewhere and success in recovering!
Teodor

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: