Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:24:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: manual fee 5% gox wires?  (Read 509 times)
TERA (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 11:19:54 PM

I've heard a lot of talk/rumor about these manually processed gox wires, and I think I might like to do one. I have some questions:

1. Do they do international wires of USD?

2. Is there a minimum amount?

3. What other qualifications must you have to do it?

4. Is the 5% fee the total fee or does it go on top of the normal 1.5% fee?

5. How long does it take?

6. How many people can vouch that this is working and that theyve done it recently?

7. How do you start the process?

8. Is it less risky to simply transfer to bit stamp, eat the 10% loss, and withdraw there?

Thanks!
calian

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:53:55 AM

First I want to say that I really appreciate gox. They've done a lot for bitcoin and they've taken a lot of abuse whether it be from hackers, the banking system, angry traders etc. I enjoy trading on gox and hope they make it through their current troubles. They're really facing a massive challenge though. Look what happened to a fully accredited financial institution that philosophically supports bitcoin: http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/30/4675908/internet-archive-credit-union-dumps-bitcoin-accounts-citing-regulatory-issues

1. Do they do international wires of USD?

They used to. The most recent normal wire received was sent some time in June. Manual wires seemed to last a bit longer than that.

2. Is there a minimum amount?

Don't know.

3. What other qualifications must you have to do it?

The same as for a normal wire transfer. Be verified, have bank details.

4. Is the 5% fee the total fee or does it go on top of the normal 1.5% fee?

Don't know

5. How long does it take?

They told me 7 business days. After 9 business days went by they said a couple weeks. This was after a couple months of waiting for a standard wire. I gave up.

6. How many people can vouch that this is working and that theyve done it recently?

No  one apparently. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179586.msg3170114#msg3170114
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179586.msg3244954#msg3244954

7. How do you start the process?

Open a request at support.mtgox.com

8. Is it less risky to simply transfer to bit stamp, eat the 10% loss, and withdraw there?

Yes, 100x at this point.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: