Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:45:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacked Accounts! WTF is going on?  (Read 253 times)
game_changer (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:02:10 AM

I couldnt get onto our bitcointalk account in December which I thought was odd as I hadnt changed my password, so I had to create a new account to may anger as I had been using that account for 4 years and was a hero member. Then a month went past and the same thing happened to my brother. So I started to investigate. I looked up my old account and it was been used daily by someone else! I had had my account stolen and so had my brother.

How is this possible? Is this an inside job by bitcointalk?
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sendah

Activity: 143
Merit: 10

delicia - Decentralized Global Food Network

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:37:20 AM

There are many cases in bitcointalk that their account was stolen by other, i think it's because you give an information such as filling up the form that it may possible to hack your account.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    delicia | delicia.io    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Global Food Network | World's Only Solution to Food Wastage | Join Whitelist Now, Get 30% Bonus
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Whitepaper | Telegram | Medium | Twitter | FB | ANN    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
game_changer (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:38:06 AM

i heard the bitcointalk database was sold on TOR
Ix

Activity: 218
Merit: 128

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:39:51 AM

The board was hacked like 4 years ago and the password hashes were stolen. If you had a weak password and didn't change it, your account went poof. Mine did.
game_changer (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:44:24 AM

The board was hacked like 4 years ago and the password hashes were stolen. If you had a weak password and didn't change it, your account went poof. Mine did.

MY ACCOUNT WAS BULLETPROOF - it had £,$, %,@, CAPS, nmbers, and letters and theres a guy using my account daily since 17th dec 2017 and my brothers is the same

i used it everyday almost, then on the 17th dec  i couldnt log in and someone else started using it
Ix

Activity: 218
Merit: 128

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:46:53 AM

Well as the saying goes, size does matter. Length is significantly more important than symbols, capitals, and numbers. If you were using the account recently then I dunno. Have you changed the pw in the last 4 years? Might have just finally gotten around to hacking yours.
smhome354

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:56:23 AM

This is a very sad news. Imagine a hero account being hacked. This is alarming. I wish that someone with higher authority should investigate what really happened. Members may lose interest if this continues to happen. It is very hard to accept if our efforts will be lost in an instant.

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs & Blockchain Companies ▼ Join Our ICO Now! ▼
stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:04:25 AM

There are many cases in bitcointalk that their account was stolen by other, i think it's because you give an information such as filling up the form that it may possible to hack your account.
It is possible that they give the information of their accounts on other people/stranger or maybe they signed their accounts on a fake sites.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
passivebesiege

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

CTO & Spokesman

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 03:09:20 AM

I couldnt get onto our bitcointalk account in December which I thought was odd as I hadnt changed my password, so I had to create a new account to may anger as I had been using that account for 4 years and was a hero member. Then a month went past and the same thing happened to my brother. So I started to investigate. I looked up my old account and it was been used daily by someone else! I had had my account stolen and so had my brother.

Go visit the meta section there are many complain about hacked account not just you. You just need to provide proof of ownership to get back that acct  if you already have staked address you can use it to sign a message and send it to admin .
And by the way here is the thread that can help you to recover your hacked acct https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0 just follow all guides given there.
hidden jutsu

Activity: 467
Merit: 100

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:16:58 AM

there are some possible reason why your account was hacked. maybe there is someone sent you a link through personal message then you click it, or there is someone that has sent you an email.
remember what happen before your account has been hacked, and i talk to that person who hacked your account if there are some ways for you to bring it back.make a deal with him.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:19:25 AM

Go to Meta and post about your problem. This is probably the virus that your computer might have encountered that collects all the information and that's what's possibly happening.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
binhvo1505

Activity: 728
Merit: 11

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:28:16 AM

wow, this is a very difficult thing to be able to make accurate statements. I do not think the bitcointalk forum moderators will know your password. I think you have been hacked by your friends or others. Take a look carefully before making a statement.
Hope you find your account soon.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Itsmylife

Activity: 1002
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:50:08 AM

The security function in here is not good. If someone knew your password, they can change all your private information without need confirm by email. The only way to get back your account is proving your ownership with bitcoin wallet address, emails, social accounts you have posted before in Meta.
Whitebit42

Activity: 99

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:01:28 AM

I can imagine how sorry you are to lose such a pumped-up account. In today's environment it is almost impossible to get the same account from scratch. I think you need to address this topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0.
kurdun

Activity: 356

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:10:49 AM

Why at once inside job by bitcointalk? If this were the case, then most likely you would not find any traces of using your account by another person
marinomario

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:18:41 AM

cyber is cruel. where do you login the account? pc or smartphone? before you predict, you better remember back, before did you lend the gadget to someone ?if yes my advice, you better not lend to just anyone. if not, you should be more careful again. make the password code more complicated, but only you know it.

silent17

Activity: 420
Merit: 119

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:56:50 AM

There is a posibility that you have went to a fishing site or I think you got hack because you join an airdrop that turns to be a scam, and already get your information thru their website sign up. Avoid using the same password to avoid this.
EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:44:43 AM

I doubt it is an inside job from staff as they would have more to lose than to gain from what I imagine. Although there were a lot of accounts that were leaked and stolen. When the database gets leaked then it doesn't matter how bulletproof your passwords are. You should not follow your old accounts around on the forum and post that they are hacked in random threads. You should PM Cyrus or Theymos, ONE TIME, with proof that your the original owner. You should research what proof is acceptable, but almost as soon as you post verifiable proof the account will most likely be tagged by a DT member, removed from their signature campaign and then the account will be returned to you after due time.
Bernardo lewanusa

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:41:14 AM

bad news, maybe your account to hack because there is someone who knows information about your account when you register or login to the forum.
dalesotpi

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:49:07 AM

Go visit the meta section there are many complain about hacked account not just you. You just need to provide proof of ownership to get back that acct  if you already have staked address you can use it to sign a message and send it to admin .
And by the way here is the thread that can help you to recover your hacked acct https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0 just follow all guides given there.

What the! This is very alarming, hero member accounts stolen! What if my NEWBIE account go stolen?  Grin
On a serious note, this is indeed alarming and  reports of hacked accounts keep rushing in. It's just so uncalled for.
I hope the guy will recover his account. Thanks to the link given above, this will give hope
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: