Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:13:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 50% devfee using EWBF Equihash miner 0.3.4b  (Read 373 times)
barnstable (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:33:59 AM

So, I was looking through my rigs and noticed something odd. Every other line in the console was devfee. This was happening on all my machines.

I thought this must be some kind of error. So, I restarted the processes and started counting.

Sure enough, the devfee climbed from 4/20 shares to 7/28, then 16/32 and stayed there. I tried this on different machines with restarts and it didn't go away.

I've only noticed this behavior recently but it seems EWBF is taking a 50% devfee.

I've disabled their software and highly recommend, regardless of the software you're using, that all miners ensure the actual devfee is what the devs say it is.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nveq

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 08:13:29 PM

The same thing is happening with my 4x1070 rig, something about once per two weeks. I thought it's happening when my pool has network connection issues, but can't say for sure. Sometimes I think that I must code miner myself if I had enough time. Really tired of unpredictable fees Angry
Max Likelihood

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 08:14:56 PM

Huh, and people were complaining about 2%. Can't wait to see how this goes over.
chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:49:57 AM

Oh no, again noob accounts bashing around about miner fees for the miner that has no-fee option...  Roll Eyes

Max Likelihood

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:26:42 PM

Oh no, again noob accounts bashing around about miner fees for the miner that has no-fee option...  Roll Eyes

I think OP is concerned about something beside fee vs. no-fee--his post deals with an exhorbitant fee that would logically be a bug of some kind and would merit some kind of community notification to see if others using EWBF see it.
chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:42:19 AM

I think OP is concerned about something beside fee vs. no-fee--his post deals with an exhorbitant fee that would logically be a bug of some kind and would merit some kind of community notification to see if others using EWBF see it.

I think OP is concerned only in moving away users from miner with no devfee option. Noob with no single screenshot - I think my two posts are too big efforth for this kind of trolling.

Exsumane

Activity: 30

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:50:41 AM

I think it is not a problem to report what he finds.

I do not have this problem. The EWBF works well over the past two months. But it stops after mining for a few hours now. I wonder if anybody has such problem as well.
2stout

Activity: 2352
Merit: 585

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:31:13 PM

Hmmmm, perhaps you got a hold of a shady version.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:35:19 PM

EWBF has not been updated in a long time. I have been running EWBF for months and months and none of my machines magically changed the devfees. You have something else going on, possibly a bad copy of the miner that someone hacked.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
tadeus1

Merit: 11

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:02:03 PM

or one of the dev-free versions that actually steals your hashrate  Grin
Max Likelihood

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:32:35 AM

I think OP is concerned only in moving away users from miner with no devfee option. Noob with no single screenshot - I think my two posts are too big efforth for this kind of trolling.

Seems like an innocent question, not warranting contempt or derision. And remember, people's screen name may say "newbie" or whatever but they may be very savvy in life, business, or even mining, just now registering with this forum. Even if they really are "noobs" or totally incompetent, they are coming for help and community. No need for attack.
nveq

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:03:43 PM

EWBF has not been updated in a long time. I have been running EWBF for months and months and none of my machines magically changed the devfees. You have something else going on, possibly a bad copy of the miner that someone hacked.
I'm on equihash mining is about since zcash mining launch and used EWBF's miner since its second public version. So in my case I have original copy and I already found what's happening there. Devfee thread uses other pools than mine and when my pool get stuck with new work, devfee thread continues its work and hits much more than 2% of shares. And I found that sometimes it uses dev's account for shares that supposed to be mine and not marked as devfee, just try any kind of sniffer like wireshark etc. Those who say it's ok with original version, just did not notice that things. Anyway I still use this app but now I'm sure I need something to change about that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: