Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:11:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 50% devfee using EWBF Equihash miner 0.3.4b  (Read 269 times)
barnstable (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:49:32 AM

So, I was looking through my rigs and noticed something odd. Every other line in the console was devfee. This was happening on all my machines.

I thought this must be some kind of error. So, I restarted the processes and started counting.

Sure enough, the devfee climbed from 4/20 shares to 7/28, then 16/32 and stayed there. I tried this on different machines with restarts and it didn't go away.

I've only noticed this behavior recently but it seems EWBF is taking a 50% devfee.

I've disabled their software and highly recommend, regardless of the software you're using, that all miners ensure the actual devfee is what the devs say it is
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:38:20 AM

where did you download it from and you know you can disable devfee right?
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 06:10:17 AM

First of all, dev fee can be very easily disabled on EWBF. Secondly, it feels like you got tricked into downloading infected software. Always use the official github respetory to download programs, or signed released linked from official accounts.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 06:29:31 AM

I've only noticed this behavior recently but it seems EWBF is taking a 50% devfee.
I've disabled their software and highly recommend, regardless of the software you're using, that all miners ensure the actual devfee is what the devs say it is

I highly recommend, regardless of the software you're using, always download the mining software from the official bitcoin forum post , in your case from here : EWBF's CUDA Zcash miner
If you are dowloading any miner software from random websites, you are basically calling for trouble ...

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
cod3gen

Activity: 311
Merit: 69

PowerMining.pw

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 07:30:20 AM

You should verify this with time instead, the percentage of devfee is usually not based on amount of shares but on time, and the reason the dev have so many shares could be as simple as that the devfee pool have a much lower difficulty than user pool(your pool) have. However, it can be as others says here that you have downloaded a corrupt version.

https://www.powermining.pw ⮚ Hit us with your power while mining for over 30 listed coinz in various algorithms! Get in touch on Discord: https://discord.gg/qSV6b9d
matmator

Activity: 487
Merit: 252

bou !

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:55:33 AM

EWBF is dead! use DTSM for equihash! Smiley

go to the moon !!
The Godfather

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:15:32 PM

EWBF is dead! use DTSM for equihash! Smiley

dtsm rules.. ewbf is dead
matmator

Activity: 487
Merit: 252

bou !

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:16:42 PM

rules ?

go to the moon !!
kriskarthik

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:28:19 PM

DTSM is working better than EWBF, at least for me. Switched 3 months ago and it’s going pretty well. Btw, I recently read about something called Bminer, which does better than DTSM but I don’t have first hand experience. Have anyone using Bminer? How is it?

2stout

Activity: 2394
Merit: 593

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:03:11 PM

Sounds like you may have gotten a dirty surprise package from an unofficial source.
64dimensions

Activity: 578
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:32:26 PM

Before panicking, just do a calibration run to check:

1) Mine at flypool for a day.

2) Take the hashrate and plug into WTM's ZEC calculator.

3) Compare $ per day between WTM and flypool.

In my case, today, WTM was 5% higher. Subtract off 2% for EWBF and 1% for flypool and I get about 2% lower +/- 0.6% "rms noise".

The remainder could be shares being dropped. Occasionally I'll get rejected shares due to what looks like high latency.

In terms of EWBF vs the world. I take the view that mining software even if you are a small miner is your enterprise software. My concerns are hash rate, uptime and something that no one ever talks about, reliability. If by accident a miner runs a card or cards full out, that is a problem.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: