Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:35:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PROOF that XSPEC is a SCAM  (Read 2526 times)
mandica

Activity: 693
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:30:54 PM

Just to clear up a few things. (I'm @mandica, the founder of XSPEC and still here for anyone new to this)

All the discussions about code snippets and code cloning and implementation of protocols is a bit stagnate. This is the nature of open source development. There is no secret (and never was) that XSPEC was build on SDC. XSPEC never claimed to be proprietary code and is based on Bitcoin in the end as many others are. This point has been laboured ad nauseam and if your objection to a crypto is based on it's Bitcoin / SDC / Monero code provenance then you will seek out other projects. The fact that XSPEC is open source and based on other open source code is not a basis on which to claim a scam if you are a thinking person.

@jbg and Bryce are working on the code and as you all know, not every update is shown on GitHub immediately. GitHub is a not a live window to follow updates. Nobody as forced anyone out and in fact Spectre has very dedicated community and in fact, I would suggest that a dedicated community is what will succeed in driving this forward. XSPEC now also have steady development funding and will hire. The community will make sure that XSPEC will last for years to come and with a solid dev fund we will have the resources to develop the project. The team is together and strong and nobody has left for anything else. I am working on something auxiliary that will benefit XSPEC in the long run but can't say anything right now.

XSPEC is not a scam, we are just trying to provide a quality functional privacy focused cryptocurrency against a tide of FUD and shit and we will succeed. I have nothing more to say and there is nothing to discuss. Adversity brings out the best in us. Discard XSPEC at your peril.

Glad you exumed a BTC account that wasn't active since December. And joined discord asking what's happening and then an hour later write an informed post here. You now only miss a brand new Bryce account and we can start the party. Grin

Do you suggest that this is a bought account? I haven't been active here for a while because it's of minimal benefit in the long run. I just wanted to say it's not a scam. Who you believe is up to you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
d0d15

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:33:58 PM

Just to clear up a few things. (I'm @mandica, the founder of XSPEC and still here for anyone new to this)

All the discussions about code snippets and code cloning and implementation of protocols is a bit stagnate. This is the nature of open source development. There is no secret (and never was) that XSPEC was build on SDC. XSPEC never claimed to be proprietary code and is based on Bitcoin in the end as many others are. This point has been laboured ad nauseam and if your objection to a crypto is based on it's Bitcoin / SDC / Monero code provenance then you will seek out other projects. The fact that XSPEC is open source and based on other open source code is not a basis on which to claim a scam if you are a thinking person.

@jbg and Bryce are working on the code and as you all know, not every update is shown on GitHub immediately. GitHub is a not a live window to follow updates. Nobody as forced anyone out and in fact Spectre has very dedicated community and in fact, I would suggest that a dedicated community is what will succeed in driving this forward. XSPEC now also have steady development funding and will hire. The community will make sure that XSPEC will last for years to come and with a solid dev fund we will have the resources to develop the project. The team is together and strong and nobody has left for anything else. I am working on something auxiliary that will benefit XSPEC in the long run but can't say anything right now.

XSPEC is not a scam, we are just trying to provide a quality functional privacy focused cryptocurrency against a tide of FUD and shit and we will succeed. I have nothing more to say and there is nothing to discuss. Adversity brings out the best in us. Discard XSPEC at your peril.

Glad you exumed a BTC account that wasn't active since December. And joined discord asking what's happening and then an hour later write an informed post here. You now only miss a brand new Bryce account and we can start the party. Grin

Do you suggest that this is a bought account? I haven't been active here for a while because it's of minimal benefit in the long run. I just wanted to say it's not a scam. Who you believe is up to you.

No I can assure you he was just glad to see you.

EDIT:
Sorry, I confused him for another account. That guy started another, first 'XSPEC is Scam' thread, where he accused jbg for not being quite honest with us.
mandica

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:40:53 PM

Thanks, I read it wrong maybe  Grin
Snixer

Activity: 303
Merit: 43

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 09:51:10 PM

Thanks for taking the time to answer to this post, that's great to hear that you and your team are still working hard on XSPEC and hopefully we will hear soon about this thing you teased that will benefit XSPEC in the long run.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cryptovalute24ore.it   •  Guide Semplici e Complete, Notizie e Quotazioni sulle Criptovalute   •  TELEGRAM   ▲  Acquista Gioielli Artigianali con Criptovalute su FioridiLilla.com  
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
cryptocrocs

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:00:14 PM

I want to give Kudos to OP for showing some actual evidence for his claims (something that the "this-is-not-a-scam" voices fail to do!). It's rational, well written and credible!

HOWEVER: After taking a look at the repository myself, I do find the OP's claims to be exaggerated (while not baseless). I wrote down my more detailed analysis here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3065979.0
I dont really care how this claim will end,i am not a developer i am just a simple guy who wants to invest and learn about cryptocurrencies.Doing claims like this needs a lot of evidence i mean solid evidences to support the claim,if there will be some adequate informations that would cause your claim to be invalid,i have checked you post and you have better claim than the TS.

▬▬[  ENKIDU  ]▬▬[ NEXT GENERATION TEAMS AND PAYMENT SPLITTING ]▬   
▌  THE WORLD'S FIRST DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL COLLABORATION PLATFORM ▐
▬▬  POSSIBLE ONLY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN | Twitter  | Telegram  | Reddit  | Medium  | ANN Thread  | Facebook ▬▬
mandica

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:06:43 PM

Great analysis. Sadly this is so common and there are many more ICO scams being preached on this forum.

Roll Eyes calling XSPEC an ICO scam is pretty stupid (pardon the crude language) as it is one of the most successful ICOs ever. All our investors can attest to that. Sour grapes for not investing anyone  Huh
Flamaicon

Activity: 140
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:58:56 AM

I read a lot aboutd Spectrecoin and its not scam. Its a good project and one of best tech privacy coin. Its possible to read some news about it on google... just look yourself. Me and my friends believe a price target this year around 10 dollar if all crypto market grow too.
iggypi

Activity: 9
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:11:48 AM

the FUD is only cuz government agencies fear the power of stealth coins, europol and some local law enforcement had statements all over the news in germany
preshpr1nce (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:58:14 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2018, 03:45:56 AM by preshpr1nce

Oh this is wonderful, the XSPEC lot are out in full force with still nothing to disprove me.
This is not a FUD campaign, it's 1 person vs a bunch of XSPEC fan boys who still cannot explain why over 1 year nothing has been done!

Looks more like a save your ass campaign from the XSPEC groupies now.

Any way, let's focus on this

For 1, I've never said open source projects are a scam or a basis to being a scam, majority of crypto coins out there are open source, the joy of being open source is we can actually see the work done in each version, it's also something I look at with other coins to determine they are pulling their weight.
2. Claiming not everything goes up to GitHub immediately is very understandable, but if you can read properly you'll see my findings were against the features that have been developed and have been committed to GitHub, your ring signature change was nothing yet hyped as a big change, your obfs4 implementation was nothing more than calling a TOR executable yet hyped as a huge change, the changes to the wallet startup times were nothing more than changing 500 to 200 (500 millisecond delay to 200) yet also hyped as a big change, the rest is just colour and logo changes, why can no one here give me a reason for this being acceptable?

Simply based on that, even if you are holding back on putting the latest version on GitHub, what's been done to date and released to the community is an absolute joke at best, so you've cleared up nothing here but the same garbage we see from XSPEC, "We have something you can't see yet, it's coming"

History speaks far louder than future promises, your history is full of nothing but a days work being hyped as big change, explain this? it shouldn't be that hard right? it's what I've been asking for from the start but you keep beating around the bush trying to fool non technical people.

Now this one:
I want to give Kudos to OP for showing some actual evidence for his claims (something that the "this-is-not-a-scam" voices fail to do!). It's rational, well written and credible!

HOWEVER: After taking a look at the repository myself, I do find the OP's claims to be exaggerated (while not baseless). I wrote down my more detailed analysis here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3065979.0

You made an account yesterday, you've tried to sound a little less shill like by giving me little praise, to sum your thread up, you've done no analysis at all on the code, all you've done is look through a period of commits, seen some activity and said hey! He's wrong.. go through the actual code to see how tiny and meaningless each commit is, nothing more than lots of word changes, a few library updates, updating read me files, and the points I've stated here, the commits are fluff.
The biggest work done which makes up majority of the code change size is the donation system, if you really aren't a shill please look a bit closer, I went through every code commit on there and focused more around the key features XSPEC has brought along and hyped as big change.

Also this from your thread

The negative aspects for me when looking at the git repository are two things:
1. The developer is not good at commenting his commits, and even though the codebase was forked, he should also get better at commenting the code changes he makes
2. There were no commits after January 30st

This thread and these findings are not about these 2 points at all, you do not need comments to read the tiny amount of work done, never did I state anything about lack of comments, as for the "no commits" after Jan 30, my findings were on all the work done prior.

I see a pattern here, they're trying to justify that they've not committed any code recently due to a few "acceptable" reasons and this whole thread is based on their lack of work since Jan, this thread is NOT about that, it's about the lack of work in the committed code since day 1.

Stop trying to spin out of this.

To any one reading this who actually cares for the answers, go and view the post history of every person in this thread defending XSPEC, having an army of 100+ shills does not change what I've found.
preshpr1nce (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:23:43 AM

You created the ANN thread for XSPEC, don't even talk about your account history, you've been part of this since the earliest days and still are.
uniball

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:47:21 AM

presh1prince totally stole my idea for my new website PreciousPrincesses. That is the true scam going on.

#PreciousPrincessesRideOrDieSon
#PPRODS
Geoll29

Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:08:54 AM

Thanks for the thread starter in sharing this valuable information. In this time when lots of scammers are all over the internet we need concerned individuals who are always willing to help others by sharing this type of information.

preshpr1nce (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:53:02 AM

presh1prince totally stole my idea for my new website PreciousPrincesses. That is the true scam going on.

#PreciousPrincessesRideOrDieSon
#PPRODS

My bad, wait till April, I have a name change coming then Wink
DWW

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:29:30 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2018, 12:22:56 PM by DWW

I wouldn't say XSPEC is a scam because the amount of work done since the fork is just marginal. However, I do think it's time for a realistic look towards this project. This thread gives a good insight in the quality of the code base. In the end the code is the one and only truth.

Thanks for doing this kind of intensive research!
rossrjensen

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:37:28 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2018, 04:06:02 PM by rossrjensen

Perhaps you've brought up some valid doubts about the project, but you've failed right from the beginning by calling it a scam.  Even if all your claims can be accepted without refutation and there is zero new development (which I highly doubt - how much work is local or unavailable to you at this moment), who is being scammed and how?  As mentioned, it's open source and community-driven.  It will continue to be that way regardless of the challenges that we encounter.  That's why some people are dismissing this as nothing more than FUD.
panikovsky

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:08:17 PM

On Saturday they promised to run 1.4 version of the wallet within 48 hours.

Today JPG wrote that the update is postponed indefinitely, to which he can not say at the moment, and even can not say when he will be able to say when this will happen approximately) But, he mentioned that it is definitely not during this week he will say something, because he needs somewhere to fly on family business ... it remains to hope that this is really not just an excuse for "grandmother died."

BUT THIS IS NOT THE MOST SUSPICIOUS THING!

The most suspicious thing is that he bluntly stated - for the flight he will need money and, accordingly, HE IS FORCED TO SELL A PART OF COINS.

The sale may have happend when the XSPEC  updated a monthly minimum of 0.62$ (approximately)

But the question is different: if he has coins that can be used for personal purposes, for flights, vacations, etc. why all the time to refer to the fact that they do not have enough money and what they have collected through stacking - always not enough and the amount is ridiculous?

Maybe this is really SCAM?  I'm really scared of that...
rudox

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:17:52 PM

This is a well executed job.Thanks for this exposure at least a lot of money will be saved from this scamming project. Keep it up .
Peppo

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:22:19 PM

At one point he said (in Slack) that he doesn't have a huge amount of XSPEC. Apparently he had if he could sell some of his coins to buy flight tickets?
mandica

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:40:59 PM

I just wanted to update with the simple fact that @jbg was NOT part of this project from the beginning and does not have a huge XSPEC stake. I hired @jbg at a later stage, months into the project, to carry out specific work and I also hired another programmer that since left for the people who follow our story. So, @jbg has in fact been instrumental in bringing the new releases out and to work on the next version. He was hired by me and we have had meetings (online & in person) and worked out details around future releases. I have paid for @jbg and Bryce out of my own pocket to keep this running after the ICO funds were spent so I have confidence in the fact that @jbg will deliver what he says.
CommunityWhale

Activity: 41

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:54:22 PM

Mandica is totally right. The scam accusations against someone with so little stake in the coin, who barely scrapes by with donations, I just don't know what to say but isn't there a real scam you guys could be going after? So much time and energy here and damaging the price with your fud has done little to damage the people you think are scammers. The real financial damage has been done to the investors you claim to be trying to protect. If you're wondering who has lost money due to your inflammatory posts, its just good regular people, that's who. Does the coin not work? Was it not the first crypto with in-wallet TOR and then with in-wallet OBFS-4? Does it not have a roadmap containing even more firsts in the industry? Yes it was and yes it does! Go after a real scamcoin, for Christ's sake.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: