Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:35:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PROOF that XSPEC is a SCAM  (Read 2526 times)
terible.hunter

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:45:46 AM

Wow, thank you of course for giving us the truth. We appreciate this and thank you for taking the time to find these facts. It seems to me that calling a scam project is a very difficult decision because there are so many factors for this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
EckhartJV

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:05:01 AM

Was just about to invest in this. much as his business involvement in the past doesn't matter much, the false information given is a killer, proven beyond doubt that this is a fake, we need more guys like you, thanks a lot.
chanpinchen

Activity: 99

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:20:07 AM

Thanks for the good jobs for showing the negative sides of this coin, exposing its weakness and other faults with solid arguments making this coin look more like a scam. I had invested some good money , but  with so much uncertainties, doubts and speculations about it, it better to get out before its price drop to zero.
mandica

Activity: 693
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:27:49 AM

I have answered @preshpr1nce who is clearly not a software developer and I have nothing more to say here. I suggest as before that any supporters of XSPEC will refrain from posting replies to this FUD and let the trolls toil in their own ignorance. If you want discussions about tech that's fine but keep it in the other thread.

Good Bye from this thread.  Smiley
preshpr1nce (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:25:43 AM

I have answered @preshpr1nce who is clearly not a software developer and I have nothing more to say here. I suggest as before that any supporters of XSPEC will refrain from posting replies to this FUD and let the trolls toil in their own ignorance. If you want discussions about tech that's fine but keep it in the other thread.

Good Bye from this thread.  Smiley

You expect me to put my identity online after exposing your coin so what? you can attempt to make my life hell? get real, I do not need to put anything up to validate my claims, you are the one who needs to validate claims, your post about private vs public is great, you've just admitted this feature exists in SDC but you're claiming it's a development of XSPEC? I guess this is why I seen no commit history relating to this from JBG, Also how about you give us some proof of Brycels existence and JBGs development experience? this should matter far more than a guy on a forum.

I'll admit I've never installed the XSPEC wallet on my computer, why would I as some one who doesn't hold any of the coins? I've also never installed a privacy coin wallet on my machine as I have no use for a privacy coin, I'm invested in not one privacy coin so to come out and say I know nothing about reading commit history due to this is false, I also do not need to sit back and read the entire source code of a coin to see lack of work, the joy of having a complete commit history over a period of time in relation to a project is we can see the EXACT work done on a given area over a period of time, I have better things to do than read your entire source code, but with such a lack of a commit history it didn't take too long to go from curious to amazed, so I went through this area, I've also claimed in this thread that I've focused on JBGs commit history, never once have I claimed to have read the entire source code, I've also stated the developer prior to JBG has done work, my comments are not bias, I've clearly stated these things in this thread, so nice job trying to twist things, I still encourage people to read the whole thread and if you have an understanding, the commit history by JBG

Regardless of the public vs private system being something I lack experience with, it doesn't change the fact the commit history is lacking, you've STILL not addressed why this is the case? You've just taken time to try find an unrelated area to try prove me wrong.

I'll also say it doesn't require a senior developer to work this out, people with a basic understanding can clearly see the lack of work in the commits from JBG and I suggest others take a look and decide for themselves, I've not lied about my job, I am a senior developer, but I don't have to prove this to any one, simply because it doesn't really matter and your calling for me to prove it is weak, why don't you prove a thing or two? Like I said I have JBGs details, age, city he lives in etc, I won't post this up so why would I dare post my own details? even after you've straight up lied saying you've met him and he's older, I'm still holding back on posting his ID, so why would I post mine?

You've lied and you've ignored being called out on it completely, I've been honest in this thread, here are some areas I've admitted fault:

1. I didn't look past JBG, while I should have, it probably wouldn't have made any difference to this thread, I would of just perhaps said JBG has done no work rather than XSPEC (bare in mind he's been the developer for 9 months and still is the main and only developer)
2. I've admitted that I've never used the XSPEC wallet or read in to the private vs public system code, if some work had been done on this it would of been on my radar, but it appears you're making claims now from an SDC feature.
3. I've admitted to have not read the entire source code, but at the same time I've never claimed to have done so, only the commits have been observed.

I've even tried to speak to you directly in PM to help you sort things out, you have no control now though, it's JBGs project, the guy who doesn't do any work.

To put this all to rest you only have to do 2 things now:
1. Explain a good reason for JBGs lack of work
2. Explain why you lied about JBGs age after it's even been admitted by JBG and is clearly online

I would also say provide info on why 1.4 is late, but in the scheme of things the above 2 points are far more important, I can live with road maps being a bit delayed.

Also there is one key point to be observed from your final comment, if you had truly proved me wrong you would be encouraging every one to keep this thread alive so people can see you are right and I'm wrong, yet you've just called for this thread to be left to die, there's only 1 reason a person would do this, deep down you know who's right and who's wrong here, if you proved me wrong it would do you and your coin good and you would be calling on your shills to make sure it's seen, yet you're calling for them to leave it.

Even JBG appears more honest than you, I'll give him credit for that I guess.
preshpr1nce (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:52:39 PM

So I've sent mandica a private message to see if she has any control over the developer, but from what I'm hearing jbg is now the one fully in charge of XSPEC and if that's 100% the case and mandica can't get a new developer to take over, this project is as good as dust in my eyes.

I'll wait and see how her reply goes, so far her postings in here have cleared up nothing and appear to be more shilling, if she can clear things up about the development and what's being done about jbg I'll be honest in my approach and let the community know, for now though things still remain as you see in this thread.

While I agree that bad, or shady things had happen, and are maybe still happening, IMO you are implying, assuming few things, not sure why. For example you say you will follow github, as if github updates are some kind of mettrics one can use to estimate successfullness or usefullness of a project.

You are shilling, the above quote is utter bs, GitHub has 100% of the code for all released versions of XSPEC, simple as that.
Going forward, you would have to wait for a release to get a full picture of the release, it could be the developers are holding back on the commits etc, but on past releases this is not the case, the entire full source code is up there.

Also from an open source project that the community is buying in to, you SHOULD commit you work and not delay as long as he has on new releases, leaves people with no clue of progress, still though like I said above, the released versions give you a complete idea.

I am not shilling, but you are being an asshole, and you are doing same thing as mandica does. What you said has nothing to do with my post, and you have totally avoided all points I made.

I'm not doing a Mandica here, any one can read the above quote and decide for themselves.
Your claims = GitHub isn't a good measure to determine work DONE (we're not talking about upcoming work here)
My claim = All the work done, all the commits for related work are on GitHub for the public to see, call me an asshole, that's ok, but to say I've not answered your question? what more would you like?

Hey, what's wrong, someone was yelling on you? No!  Let us stop talking about code not being available, and let us talk about code which is avaiable! Tor integration, supportes obfs4, has stealth addresses,
 and ring signatures, which will start being useful when stealth becomes default. Still better than Verge, no?

Otherwise I do think that XSPEC as a project started going same route as DO and Verge, which is using lies for the sake of popularity, and hype. If this doesn't change, and if they don't get their shit together it will be dust in my eyes too, not that it matters.

Also, whatever happens with XSPEC, it has yet a long way to go to reach level of assholness of Verge and DO developers.

Who's being the asshole here? the guy has no agenda, he holds the coins, if he wants to use font to get a point across he's free to do so.
Once again, and let me yell this for you, WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT AVAILABLE CODE, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A COMPLETE RELEASE OF A VERSION LACKING WORK
Your available code claim comes back to the whole "It's coming" argument, this thread is not about the future or holding a crystal ball, it's about observing the work which has been done on the released versions.
Peppo

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:49:49 PM

There’s zero chance he would call someone a “cunt” in the old slack channel. He answered all sorts of questions, often repeatedly.
it really was once, but that dude deserved it for his behavior Smiley
Jbg promised 1.3.5 to Mac in 48 hours. But did not delivered it. That person asked him about that and said that you promised that 1.3.5 in 48 hours. At that point jbg lost it and started that. So in my opinion "that dude" did not deserve it.

he's a guy in New Zealand
I think that you are wrong here.
BitcoinSkull

Activity: 63
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:48:42 PM

I wasn't going to reply to this nonsense but I laughed so hard at your comment:

So there is one key point to be observed from your final comment, if you had truly proved me wrong you would be encouraging every one to keep this thread alive so people can see you are right and I'm wrong, yet you've just called for this thread to be left to die, there's only 1 reason a person would do this, deep down you know who's right and who's wrong here, if you proved me wrong it would do you and your coin good and you would be calling on your shills to make sure it's seen, yet you're calling for them to leave it.

Yet you said this in an earlier post:

I try to call these threads out and call a spade a spade, but people just keep on posting in them. Does nothing but promote more FUD which surely none of us want.. the easiest way to shut these idiots down is to just let the thread go. Do we need to keep replying and going 10 pages deep on these threads? keeping them on page 1 daily.

Please make up your mind  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
AlexeyB

Activity: 169
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:17:14 PM

I've put this together to give my take as a senior software developer on what I feel proves it.

1. Changing wallet colour, version numbers, the name and logo
2. Upgrading to newer versions of libraries
3. Executing the TOR obfs4 executable
4. Allowing for an insecure ring size of 1
1. The difference between Spectrecoin and Shadowcash: Have you forgotten to mention Tor hidden service, that isn't in the ShadowCash or any other coins (DeepOnion, Verge, Bytecoin, Zcash...)? Do you know the big difference between Tor hidden service and Tor (exit nodes are involved)?
2. Well
3. Version 1.4, that is completely rewritten, is being developed for half a year. So far, this is a private code, it is absent from the GitHub, in order to Tokenpay does not steal it. Until it is released, we will assume that you are right.
4. You conducted a very long investigation, but it was enough to read official wiki:
Sept 11, 2017
Furthermore, this release was the first to include a binary for Apple MacOS. A change to the stealth transaction mechanism was introduced so that the wallet allows for non-anonymous ring signatures with only 1 or 2 members. The reason for this was that at that stage, the network often did not have enough participants for ring signatures to do a full ring signature transaction.
nicwenzel

Activity: 68
Merit: 1

Anon

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:30:29 PM

TLDR: its a scam, and you might have an IQ >80 if you bought it

https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=nicwenzel
DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Team NOW! ⚡
d0d15

Activity: 60

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:54:36 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2018, 12:29:43 AM by d0d15

Also, whatever happens with XSPEC, it has yet a long way to go to reach level of assholness of Verge and DO developers.
In their Slack channel Beachguy is complete jerk. 99% of time he is rude and just attacking peoples for their opinions.
And as I recall, jbg have called other users as cunts there.
I agree that guy is an asshole, but that's not exactly what I have meant with my statement.
Manc89

Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:02:32 AM

I've known from the first time I read about XSPEC that it was a completly useless shitcoin. And not to talk about all the spamming going on here on bitcointalk. For ones and for all can we just let this shitcoin die.

So why are you very greedy what this coin die? I dont think that we need to be hurry about this.
We need to give the developer team time to change every single of issue then if it can not fix, just let it dies.
preshpr1nce (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:14:24 AM

I wasn't going to reply to this nonsense but I laughed so hard at your comment:

So there is one key point to be observed from your final comment, if you had truly proved me wrong you would be encouraging every one to keep this thread alive so people can see you are right and I'm wrong, yet you've just called for this thread to be left to die, there's only 1 reason a person would do this, deep down you know who's right and who's wrong here, if you proved me wrong it would do you and your coin good and you would be calling on your shills to make sure it's seen, yet you're calling for them to leave it.

Yet you said this in an earlier post:

I try to call these threads out and call a spade a spade, but people just keep on posting in them. Does nothing but promote more FUD which surely none of us want.. the easiest way to shut these idiots down is to just let the thread go. Do we need to keep replying and going 10 pages deep on these threads? keeping them on page 1 daily.

Please make up your mind  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

The quote you've referenced from my anti FUD thread does not apply here, this is not a FUD thread, it's a show me proof thread.
If you read my post in the quote you've stated, I make comments about the threads like "Bitcoin is going to die" etc, these threads hold no value other than some guys speculation, this thread on the other hand shows proof through work, my god you shills are digging real low now.
d0d15

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:25:21 AM

So I've sent mandica a private message to see if she has any control over the developer, but from what I'm hearing jbg is now the one fully in charge of XSPEC and if that's 100% the case and mandica can't get a new developer to take over, this project is as good as dust in my eyes.

I'll wait and see how her reply goes, so far her postings in here have cleared up nothing and appear to be more shilling, if she can clear things up about the development and what's being done about jbg I'll be honest in my approach and let the community know, for now though things still remain as you see in this thread.

While I agree that bad, or shady things had happen, and are maybe still happening, IMO you are implying, assuming few things, not sure why. For example you say you will follow github, as if github updates are some kind of mettrics one can use to estimate successfullness or usefullness of a project.

You are shilling, the above quote is utter bs, GitHub has 100% of the code for all released versions of XSPEC, simple as that.
Going forward, you would have to wait for a release to get a full picture of the release, it could be the developers are holding back on the commits etc, but on past releases this is not the case, the entire full source code is up there.

Also from an open source project that the community is buying in to, you SHOULD commit you work and not delay as long as he has on new releases, leaves people with no clue of progress, still though like I said above, the released versions give you a complete idea.

I am not shilling, but you are being an asshole, and you are doing same thing as mandica does. What you said has nothing to do with my post, and you have totally avoided all points I made.

I didn't avoid a single point, I cleared them all up.
What you are trying to do now is confuse people who don't have enough technical understanding to read what's being said.
My guess is this'll be less than 5% of people.

Sad sad person, to make a claim that a full version release on GitHub being observed is not a good measure is as stupid as it gets, I'm not here to be nice to shills, I'll keep my nice nature for honest people, you're not honest.

You're having 0 impact here, should just give it up, to sum up your argument, "The code on GitHub is not a good measure".
Does any one actually believe this?

Wow, you have edited your post because previous was obvious lies (Words you put in my mouth, I didn't say.), so you made another one which is more slimy btw. I am actually glad you did it because it sheds some light on what possibly your intentions/reasons are.
I have made meaningful comparison with other open source project, like Linux distributions and talked about practices which are common for many if not most of Open Source projects.

How you put things out of context, like this for example: "The code on GitHub is not a good measure" is unbelievable.
Adieu everyone.
d0d15

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:29:07 AM

IQ bigger than 80? So people with IQ 145 should consider it?
preshpr1nce (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:49:31 AM

There’s zero chance he would call someone a “cunt” in the old slack channel. He answered all sorts of questions, often repeatedly.
it really was once, but that dude deserved it for his behavior Smiley
Jbg promised 1.3.5 to Mac in 48 hours. But did not delivered it. That person asked him about that and said that you promised that 1.3.5 in 48 hours. At that point jbg lost it and started that. So in my opinion "that dude" did not deserve it.

he's a guy in New Zealand
I think that you are wrong here.

I'm not wrong at all, while I won't post his name I'll say this, go dig around his GitHub profile a bit and you'll find his complete name, first, middle and surname, from here you can look him up, jbg admitted to owning a bar which didn't work out, he has admitted to being in his 20s, if you search his full name you come across an interview video of a New Zealand guy with his full name, they talk about the bar, if you then look further in to this guy you find some of his online profiles which has his date of birth and it's the same guy, he's 29, same guy also owns an eCommerce system which jbg has admitted to, the guy in the interview video looks late 20s also.

There is absolutely no denying this.

If you're calling some one out as being wrong, show some proof, it's what this thread is about after all.

Regardless this thread focuses more on the code and lies, being 29 if he didn't lie about his experience and had produced some work, I wouldn't really care about his age.

Wow, you have edited your post because previous was obvious lies (Words you put in my mouth, I didn't say.), so you made another one which is more slimy btw. I am actually glad you did it because it sheds some light on what possibly your intentions/reasons are.
I have made meaningful comparison with other open source project, like Linux distributions and talked about practices which are common for many if not most of Open Source projects.

How you put things out of context, like this for example: "The code on GitHub is not a good measure" is unbelievable.
Adieu everyone.

This is the lowest reply in the whole thread, can any one back me up here on the fact he's edited his post and now claims I've edited or made up a quote? I don't need to make anything up and I've been honest all along.
Maybe I need to start archiving the thread to prevent this from happening again, just more proof he's got nothing useful to say I guess.
Peppo

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:15:21 AM

If you're calling some one out as being wrong, show some proof, it's what this thread is about after all.
You don't accept pm from newbies. Could you enable that?
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:23:07 AM

Editing posts, really?

Given that the facts mentioned on this thread are true, this is truly alarming. I actually had high hopes for XSPEC but now I see why the value has tanked badly. I guess the nice logo design fooled everyone too.
Mrmogz

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:23:12 AM

My god, the irony in someone trying to insult other people’s IQ by saying that by buying XSPEC they have an IQ less than 80. Yet he uses a “greater than” symbol. LOL, amazing.

Also, since you clearly lack the attention span to read the thread you would see this project is far from a scam. Has issues? Sure, but they are being resolved. Actually some due to these FUD threads bringing some of the problems to life. There is a great community of talented people now working on this, so whether or not people want to say JBG didn’t do enough on the project, that’s much diffferent than a coin being a scam. And I won’t make the distinction until we see what V1.4 brings.
sirsplashalot

Activity: 520
Merit: 123

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:05:28 PM

Wow, thats the Onion quote of the year.

Worried about my trust rating? I am too. Bitcointalk users ‘Lauda’ and ‘gmaxwell’ have abused their superior powers in trust system to align their views with the ‘correct views.’ In no legal system in any jurisdiction do we have a definition for what Bitcoin is, they do not have the power to tell us what it is based on the rule of law.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: