Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 12:57:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Too many Altcoins without value?  (Read 1204 times)
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:16:34 PM

too many, and what often happens is a coin after ico ends, the price is completely lost and the coin is charred.
irenegaming

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:28:09 PM

Most people get into Cryptocurrency with an im of making insane profits out their investments and not caring the immediate market needs of the market. Developers seems to have realized the hunger and some have moved fast to come up with coins with nothing but promise attached to it. such are normally aimed at cash generation and unsuspecting and less experienced investors fall victims. That's why its important to scrutinize a coin properly before venturing in it.

jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 12:32:37 PM

The reason being that they are not solving any problem, mostof these tokens are useless just created to rake money from people because they know some people will gamble on them, and as you can see it is getting difficult to keep track of all the tokens entering the market currently and are finding it difficult to get exchange listings

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Hemady17

Activity: 505
Merit: 35

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:16:03 PM

Maybe it's just my perception, but in these times when new coins appear every day, it seems to me that most of them lack value.

I have seen that many currencies are created based on an idea, that they intend to be used for something, even though at present they are useless, they are based on the hope of being used. I hallucinate seeing how some collect millions in the ICOs only promising that they will be adopted en masse, only selling an idea that has not yet been started or developed.

I wonder what chance of success has a currency that is defined as "the new currency that will replace Bitcoin" or any other great concept if only based on a theoretical idea.

Do you have to create the currency first and then wait for a community to be created that uses it?
Would not it be better to have a community first than willing to give the currency a real use before creating it?

I believe that for the creation of a new currency to make sense, it has to respond to a real need for the exchange of goods and services, if we only buy a coin with the hope of selling it more expensive, if there is not a community that supports it, We will be betting on a pyramid system, and we all know how those systems end.

That is just my opinion. I do not know what others will think.

I like to think that even there are many altcoins in the market that they still have significant use on their specific country. Whether we like or not the reality is we have many altcoins in cryptoworld. The rise of altcoins started when people see it as a business opportunity with vision of becoming like Bitcoin. I just hope people involve in ICO has this kind of vision in order to minimize the shitcoins in the cryptocurrency.

Base Protocol                                     Presale
Hold one token; Hold all tokens                [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Telegram
tarlok01

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:49:24 PM

Some altcoin are not having value. It is afraid that in future it. Will affect the growth rate. It may be lack of road map provided by team.
Ging

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:52:25 PM

indeed there are a lot of alts and most of them seem to be without a valus but i think there are alot there to be valued and most seem to be almost the future of alts like neo this new innovative alt in blockchain technology.
HongKong

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:52:54 PM

too many, and what often happens is a coin after ico ends, the price is completely lost and the coin is charred.
There's a lot of them without any value, I like to see this as an example of what not to do with Bitcoin.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
Escf4

Activity: 364
Merit: 3

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:10:30 PM

There's a lot of them without any value, I like to see this as an example of what not to do with Bitcoin.

That is real, there are many altcoins being introduce to the digital market that have no concrete value, so avoid investing this kind of altcoins for your money safety, just rely to altcoins that you ate familiar just like bitcoins , ethereum ,litecoin and others with true value.

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:25:36 PM

Those are just pump and dump coins, mostly selling ideas that you it can be an easy ride to become milionaire. Very few have real technological ideas that can be helpful in the future. And many are still being fooled by those ideas because of what happened to bitcoin. Bitcoin started as pennies, now look at the value. So many more will be created because it will sell even if it is a shit coin and will be dumped later.
Casmania

Activity: 390

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:02:05 AM

I think that there are also new cryptocurrencies that has a good platform which I think will be successful in due time but this need to show it's importance why should people rely on investing to this new coins. I agree that there are a lot of new cryptocoins coming in and later may just dump in the long run where it just accumulate the people's investment and then leave. That is why, in my opinion I would rather invest in cryptocoins that are already existing in the crypto market and having good market performance to ensure that the investment will potentially grow towards the end.
CHILO20

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:06:12 AM

You have a good point, i also have some of those altcoins and i invested because i think it will go up.
Well you won't start something unless you launch it right? if there is no perfect marketing then it would not be bought by a lot of people.
Maybe that's why they launch early, still i only buy altcoins that have a good market cap, value and vision.

kololo

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:15:37 AM

Yes. Nearly 90% of the altcoins or called cryptos without value. As years before, someone can just change a pic and name of bitcoin client and make a new altcoin.

They have no value besides trade in the market, so most of them are died with nothing left.
lsd400

Activity: 189
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:26:13 AM

Many chasing quick profit not thinking about that price can go to 0. Many altcoins without real use cases are going to die some of them just pump/dump tokens.
Manc89

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:29:35 AM

Yes, I have also noticed this. Even big coins like Bcash or Ripple have billions of dollar in market cap. The altcoin bubble will burst and all these shitcoins will disappear.

Do you mean ripple and bitcoincash are shitcoins? Sorry i can not catch you.
If you said its shitcoin and they are true shitcoins.  I dont see any purpose of those two coins and i think they are useless.
Mariahuhu

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:41:29 AM

Yes that's true until the bull market will start because all of the coins that has no value even if it's a shitcoin it will have a value all of them, all the coins will set their new ATH like what happened on the past few years every bull market all coins set their new ATH.

►     https://GCOX.com GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE     ◄
RISE ABOVE!   WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED
Geoll29

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:53:13 AM

There really are many altcoins without value appearing in the market. But these undervalued altcoins may suddenly become valuable once more investors back them up. I think this is still good as competition may let us pick the best for our money. We have to be vigilant.

EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:29:16 AM

because they keep releasing coins without anything good about their project and uses of the coin, sad to say they are just trying to earn profit from collecting Funds in their ICO and after that they know that they will damp it afterwards.
felipe04

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:42:19 PM

Maybe it's just my perception, but in these times when new coins appear every day, it seems to me that most of them lack value.

I have seen that many currencies are created based on an idea, that they intend to be used for something, even though at present they are useless, they are based on the hope of being used. I hallucinate seeing how some collect millions in the ICOs only promising that they will be adopted en masse, only selling an idea that has not yet been started or developed.

I wonder what chance of success has a currency that is defined as "the new currency that will replace Bitcoin" or any other great concept if only based on a theoretical idea.

Do you have to create the currency first and then wait for a community to be created that uses it?
Would not it be better to have a community first than willing to give the currency a real use before creating it?

I believe that for the creation of a new currency to make sense, it has to respond to a real need for the exchange of goods and services, if we only buy a coin with the hope of selling it more expensive, if there is not a community that supports it, We will be betting on a pyramid system, and we all know how those systems end.

I think they not popular so the value is low only but if they listed already in exchanger i think the developer is good so it can go really high

I think also if you going to invest in that you will lose from it so better to invest in the coins that already have value in the market
Alex09012004

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:26:33 PM

Yeah, i also think that right now there are so many senseless coins and it's not so easy to find something really decent among them Sad
8count

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:03:51 AM

I agree there is to many coins/tokens that have no value at all and are starting to clog up the market on other coins that have value. Among the ever increasing number of coin/tokens that keep coming out some great and usable projects are being missed and will take a lot longer to be noticed because of the number of scam/poor idea projects that are just trying to make a quick buck for doing nothing.
It's defiantly getting harder to find the gems in the tonne of crap projects.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: