Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:41:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Too many Altcoins without value?  (Read 1200 times)
Agent99

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:28:13 AM

Maybe it's just my perception, but in these times when new coins appear every day, it seems to me that most of them lack value.

I have seen that many currencies are created based on an idea, that they intend to be used for something, even though at present they are useless, they are based on the hope of being used. I hallucinate seeing how some collect millions in the ICOs only promising that they will be adopted en masse, only selling an idea that has not yet been started or developed.

I wonder what chance of success has a currency that is defined as "the new currency that will replace Bitcoin" or any other great concept if only based on a theoretical idea.

Do you have to create the currency first and then wait for a community to be created that uses it?
Would not it be better to have a community first than willing to give the currency a real use before creating it?

I believe that for the creation of a new currency to make sense, it has to respond to a real need for the exchange of goods and services, if we only buy a coin with the hope of selling it more expensive, if there is not a community that supports it, We will be betting on a pyramid system, and we all know how those systems end.

That is just my opinion. I do not know what others will think.

there are too many car company and also televesion or bicycle production company. are all of them success? there too many coins too, but some of them will be success.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:41:23 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2018, 12:54:45 AM by andthereyou

Maybe it's just my perception, but in these times when new coins appear every day, it seems to me that most of them lack value.
Are you reffering to airdrops coins/tokens? or the shitcoins that have $$ values and even in the top of CMC?

I have seen that many currencies are created based on an idea, that they intend to be used for something, even though at present they are useless, they are based on the hope of being used. I hallucinate seeing how some collect millions in the ICOs only promising that they will be adopted en masse, only selling an idea that has not yet been started or developed.
You have a point that many are selling dreams and not a working product. Anyway it depends on the team. Some ICO have already a working product and they need fund for further development.

I wonder what chance of success has a currency that is defined as "the new currency that will replace Bitcoin" or any other great concept if only based on a theoretical idea.
Many are claiming that their coin will replace bitcoin. But still could not dethrone bitcoin.
The best candidate to replace bitcoin is ethereum with a 50% chance if success in my own opinion.

Do you have to create the currency first and then wait for a community to be created that uses it?
Would not it be better to have a community first than willing to give the currency a real use before creating it?
NO one will work for free nowadays. Also someone or the team need money for expenses like food, marketing, and etc.

I believe that for the creation of a new currency to make sense, it has to respond to a real need for the exchange of goods and services, if we only buy a coin with the hope of selling it more expensive, if there is not a community that supports it, We will be betting on a pyramid system, and we all know how those systems end.

If you  read the whitepaper you will find How that coin will "respond to a real need for the exchange of goods and services ". but Sometimes they become shitcoins with $$ value because few people  are using it.
It's natural for investors to buy low sell high.
Do you invest for the purpose to lose your money?
Agaton

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:48:54 AM

Many different kinds of altcoins today are born, they are actually created by generous people which the purpose is to introduce into the market, however the problem is only less people or customers who wants to adopt, that's why it affects their total growth and mostly some coins will disappear.
SGToken

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:53:49 AM

I would pass any ICO or altcoins which couldn't afford some basic marketing. I won't mind miss a gem because of this principal. There are just too many altcoins out there.
Man21

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:57:46 AM

Yes there are too many ICO and too many coins that are being created that have no significant value.

It does not take much to create a coin nowadays and to buy your own coins using your own eth or btc..

And once you get some speculative activity, you can pay your way into a listing on the exchanges.

This is what i am concerned about the crypto space... too many such shill coins.

We will see a big shakedown soon and only the coins which actually can contribute to mankind will remain..

How we can prevent shitcoin appear in ico? I dont get any tips for that to prevent that shitcoin.
I hope any P2P regulation which will work fair and all the shitcoin coin will disappear or can not pass this regulation.
lil_jb

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:59:15 AM

I totally agree , but that’s what separates the crypto market from the rest.
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:59:49 AM

This is happening also not just in cryptoworld. There are those business start-ups that are selling (but I guess"sharing" is the best word) their idea in order to raise funds for them to use in realizing those ideas into a tangible one. The potential of the idea may correspond to how much funds can be raised. I think that should how a certain business start esp those who don't have funds from the very beginning. Not really different in cryptoworld, right?

I believe that for the creation of a new currency to make sense, it has to respond to a real need for the exchange of goods and services,
I can't disagree on this. But personally, I can see some really good projects that could somehow be useful in the future especially in fintech industries. We just need to give them time to do what they have promised in their roadmaps though I am aware that until now, there is no or only very few out of thousands of projects that has fulfilled their promises and is now in a full-swing.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
idgaf007

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:22:58 AM

Yes because there are almost a dozen of coins created on a day to day basis with so many ideas and innovations being put out to the world that our focus is divided into a million times and only time will tell what the real value would be. Some coins are valued on hype and some coins are valued with it's technology. As an investor it is a good idea to identify what will make it in the long run and would someday be used in general.

●  ▌█  Dbrain - AI happens  |  Sign up for Alpha  █▐  ●
A blockchain platform to collectively build AI apps
ichanjay

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:25:01 AM

It can't be helped. Almost everyday there's a new listed coin. And most of them are shitcoins. Just collecting fund for themselves
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:31:39 AM

I must commend your perspective to coin creation and it's economic relevance. Having said all that you said, there is still need for coin to be created first before any community can be built around such coin. It is indeed clear that not all the coin are going to survive or useful but some will become the game changer nevertheless in the future.

Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 01:44:36 AM

Of course, tokens are now quite a lot. Many of them are really empty and have no value. However, I do not think that this is a problem for society. Unnecessary tokens will be swept away by the market. If we want to develop a crypto currency without centralized regulation, we must allow any tokens to appear, both necessary and useless. There is no other way to fully develop the crypto currency.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
#CapsLOck

Activity: 205

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:54:36 AM

Of course, tokens are now quite a lot. Many of them are really empty and have no value. However, I do not think that this is a problem for society. Unnecessary tokens will be swept away by the market. If we want to develop a crypto currency without centralized regulation, we must allow any tokens to appear, both necessary and useless. There is no other way to fully develop the crypto currency.

In that proportion, I agree because that's the only way we can solve the neccesary problem of token does not have value we must let them open so that it will eventually help also the crypto world.
#CapsLOck

Activity: 205

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:56:53 AM

In that proportion, I agree because that's the only way we can solve the neccesary problem of token does not have value we must let them open so that it will eventually help also the crypto world.
papa-tata

Activity: 145
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 02:18:51 AM

it's true that a lot of Alt coins are on the market but some of them are worthless, this makes the Alt coin look of no value, ICO makes new coins every day but no one really makes the coin prestige. this is very worrying for some buyers or investing in the coins because it makes the value of Alt coins as garbage.
Canoppo99

Activity: 334
Merit: 15

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:20:55 AM

Usually those tokens are only can be used on those developers startups platform. But when the business is bankrupt or the devs don't use that token any more then there is no value in those token except there are people who want to but that token.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
bayu7adi

Activity: 1414
Merit: 544

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 02:21:14 AM

this is what makes me anxious
crypto assets that do not have a price and can not be sold is very detrimental to the user
should, a team and developer should be able to form a community first, which serves as the first consumer
so, the community can also help rebranding related coins

Mr.Stork   
E X C H A N G E
S E R V I C E
████████▄▄▄▄▄
██████▄█████████▀
█████▀██▀▀█████▄
████████████████
█████▐█▄▀▄██▄▀▄██
█████▄█▄▄▄██▄▄
█████▀██████████
███████▀▀██████▌
███████████▀██▀

█████████
█████▄████████▄
███▄█████████████▄
░░▄███████████████▄

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
▄▄███▄▄
▄█████████▄
▄█████████▄
▀██▀██▀
▀█████████▀
▀███████▀
█████████
███████████████
███████████████████
▐███████████████████▌
███████████████████
█████████████████████
▀▀███████████████▀▀
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

NO KYC    NO AML
NO REGISTRATION

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
bigdude

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:41:25 AM

Total agreed with you. Many of them just only offer paper ideas to the world without the real things or real adoption. All of that should be perfect ideas but the real never work simple like their little group ideas.
That's why some of Gov and many person worry about it and make a WARN to all investors. but funny that make market shake. But we will need all of that action to bring ICO similar trust place like IPO

Bugsbey

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:11:04 AM

I also see that there are far too many coins, more so that there is many that are just clones and don't really have any proper applications.
We see so many also with huge pre mines that can only put the devs in the right place when they do take off even if it is still under a dollar.
They are all trying to emulate what bitcoin has achieved but bitcoin has taken time to get the position it has now and market dominance.
Community is as important as the currency is it is hard to build a community without a product but it is easier to grow a community with a product as confidence grows so does the community.
Speculative trading is always going to happen as with any new crypto currency most peoples goal is for it to make them rich. As the community grows and more do start to accept it for goods it will become more of a currency rather than a coin that is just traded.
It is really scary to invest if you are not so familiar with what you are investing. It is better to make sure that the altcoin is valuable and is used widely by the community. Because some new coins might be easily lost its value or has no value at all.
klixion

Activity: 645
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:17:10 AM

An altcoin has value when people buy it.  If there are no buy orders, it won't be worth anything.  Same with projects that aren't on an exchange, they won't have any official value.  You can do private trades with someone but that doesn't mean it's the real value that people would pay when it's on an exchange.
Fantina

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:17:17 AM

currency without value is a kind of Klondike for investors because if you study the project correctly, you can make good money by buying them on the bottom
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: