Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:45:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Too many Altcoins without value?  (Read 1200 times)
Satish147

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

Harmony for One and All

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 10:30:30 AM

Maybe it's just my perception, but in these times when new coins appear every day, it seems to me that most of them lack value.

I have seen that many currencies are created based on an idea, that they intend to be used for something, even though at present they are useless, they are based on the hope of being used. I hallucinate seeing how some collect millions in the ICOs only promising that they will be adopted en masse, only selling an idea that has not yet been started or developed.

I wonder what chance of success has a currency that is defined as "the new currency that will replace Bitcoin" or any other great concept if only based on a theoretical idea.

Do you have to create the currency first and then wait for a community to be created that uses it?
Would not it be better to have a community first than willing to give the currency a real use before creating it?

I believe that for the creation of a new currency to make sense, it has to respond to a real need for the exchange of goods and services, if we only buy a coin with the hope of selling it more expensive, if there is not a community that supports it, We will be betting on a pyramid system, and we all know how those systems end.

That is just my opinion. I do not know what others will think.

Currently in Korea we are seeing Reverse ICO concept like the existing business who have userbase in millions are trying to raise money in ICO and they want to introduce utility token which can reduce the cost of their operating expenditure, this way will give potential returns to investors unlike investing in project having only whitepaper.

I would like to invest in project having whitepaper onlyI if the team is too strong and had enough expertise to build the project as what they are promising.

GoodHounter

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 10:35:00 AM

I also believe that many altcoins have depreciated and are not trading, and their teams have run away throwing their projects. and I think that such altcoins should leave the market as unpromising.
tomnguyen129

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 10:41:36 AM

how can we find out the way to fix this problem.... i could believe that ALT can change our life lol ...
phantasod

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 10:43:30 AM

Developers know that this area is new and still needs new projects. Some of them will crash. So normal in this world
quicysz

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 10:45:13 AM

The number of Altcoins will trend toward infinity. I feel like many of Altcoins dont have of a purpose.
DikkieD

Activity: 560
Merit: 22

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 10:51:21 AM

There are many without value, true. But, I've seen many current projects really trying hard to actually deliver. Some with working prototypes, some with promising partnerships. I don't see that many 'obvious scams' anymore, even though with some of these projects you ask yourself why blockchain, to realize it is mainly 'because money' as they simply use it to get a lot of funding for their ideas or personal wishes.
maiden

Activity: 457
Merit: 11

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 11:02:40 AM

Alot of coins without value  look at their team roadmap whitepaper, do they have a working product. U do that and u will be good

Thanks, actually those ate the things i consider before participating in projects and investing in some alts to prevent losses and scams.

paramelton

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:41:42 PM

I don't think that's a problem. These altcoins give a chance to buy them and wait for the increase in volumes, which in turn will lead to an increase in our profits.
Glomerulus22

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:51:27 PM

Yep, 90 % of all alts will die in several years...only the stongest with real use case in the world will succeed. Blockchain is not the solution for all world problems and theer are some parts that are problematic for its use, e.g. healthcare.

(https://www.anonfork.io/) ANON - new privacy coin with very cheap masternodes! Join  (https://t.me/anonymousbitcoin)
vederfreds

Activity: 155
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:57:54 PM

I agree with the fact there are way too many shill coins.  Hard to pour through all the data to make proper choices.  I assume this is how it is in the beginning of most technological advances.  This will all eventually shake out to only the best coins. 

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
dClinic.io ║ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain (https://dclinic.io/)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄[/center
paulus51

Activity: 616
Merit: 321

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 06:30:54 AM

I agree with the fact there are way too many shill coins.  Hard to pour through all the data to make proper choices.  I assume this is how it is in the beginning of most technological advances.  This will all eventually shake out to only the best coins. 
In the past or the year before, all new altcoins carried a certain value they were something unique. And now the ICO was just a process of collecting money.
ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:26:08 PM

Actually there’s to may alternativecoins without value in the market
because of the hackers or scammers that spread out easily and just be reminded that be smart enough to prevent from them.
icowind

Activity: 134

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:28:01 PM

Yes, as long as there is a lot of room for cryptocurrencies that can be traded on the exchange, many cryptocurrencies are now scams. They don’t have good technology. They know how to swindle money, so when we invest, We must seriously analyze whether the projects we invest in have a good future.
Nexjr14

Activity: 216

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:38:01 PM

I don't agree with this, they really have value. Do you only see short term? This is a long-term investment, so I think they will have future value. Let their teamwork to increase the value of their coins because this requires time and good performance.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:44:43 PM

Maybe it's just my perception, but in these times when new coins appear every day, it seems to me that most of them lack value.

I have seen that many currencies are created based on an idea, that they intend to be used for something, even though at present they are useless, they are based on the hope of being used. I hallucinate seeing how some collect millions in the ICOs only promising that they will be adopted en masse, only selling an idea that has not yet been started or developed.

I wonder what chance of success has a currency that is defined as "the new currency that will replace Bitcoin" or any other great concept if only based on a theoretical idea.

Do you have to create the currency first and then wait for a community to be created that uses it?
Would not it be better to have a community first than willing to give the currency a real use before creating it?

I believe that for the creation of a new currency to make sense, it has to respond to a real need for the exchange of goods and services, if we only buy a coin with the hope of selling it more expensive, if there is not a community that supports it, We will be betting on a pyramid system, and we all know how those systems end.

That is just my opinion. I do not know what others will think.

The true essence of coins to be created is the intention,the service this can offer,originality and not copycat

Many newly created coins because there are too many scammers too that has doing this for just to victimized and then gone with the investors money.

Thisis how they play,and must be stopped
toygama

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:52:36 PM

Daily there are many ICO`s many coins are appearing.I think only those coins can survive which are developed on a proper road maps,clear vision,good quality technology,deliver product in long term,grabbing investors attention,full of well defined purpose,funds management,continuous dedicated work team behind them to sustain in market.The purpose of writing all of above is to highlight only those coins which are based on above mentioned some features rest coins which deliver nothing or hyped would automatically die.A well growing would always possesses these characteristics.Now you can decide fairly by yourself.Some coins may be having less value but they will exist for a long term some coins would be hyped so much that they may have some value but they could not sustain for a long time.

Yeah it's better to understand the real situation here in crypto world as you said the above mentioned a well grown token not raised by its hype will sustain in the market, if want to be a part of the success of this coin we must be observance and thoroughly examined its real characteristics.
dilidolu

Activity: 148

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:59:14 PM

Yes, there are a lot of ICOs in this market that are scams. They don’t have good technology. They just want to get more money from this market. So we must invest carefully when investing in cryptocurrencies, when you know enough about them. Time, then you can invest in them to prevent losing your money.
leetlezee

Activity: 232
Merit: 38

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:14:26 PM

I agree with the fact there are way too many shill coins.  Hard to pour through all the data to make proper choices.  I assume this is how it is in the beginning of most technological advances.  This will all eventually shake out to only the best coins.  

It seems like the new coins come in batches--I think when someone comes out with an authentically good idea, they are copycatted by about 10-100 other coins. Sometimes it is more or less specific things. For example, we've gone through a number of "fads": masternode coins, PoS coins, privacy coins, high ROI coins, tiered masternodes. And then there's the "gotta have it" features, like governance, a DEX... or one of the more recent ones, a masternode hosting service.

Quote from: rillater

I completely agree. I've seen a number of whitepapers touting unachievable goals / milestones. Often they use a bunch of catchphrases to make their ideas seem believable, like "smart algorithms", "AI", and "Deep Learning", without explaining how these technologies actually solve the problem they are addressing. For example, there is a token called Swachhcoin that is claiming that they will solve the world's trash problem. I addressed some of the issues with Swachhcoin in more detail in this post for those of you who are interested: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4708682.msg42745476#msg42745476
fulled

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:18:55 PM

Yap, because creating token/coin is simple developer without idea just copy previous code on their own coin/token, they hope to get easy money from this thing, the result is the coin/token become value-less
bobbyjonathan

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:21:25 PM

There are definitely too many options at the moment, and most of them don't even offer that much of an innovative idea, making the projects that are really promising get buried on them, at the same time, making it difficult for legit investors to spend their money on them to grow.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: