Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 09:07:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: how much should be legitimate tax on profit from bitcoin investment  (Voting closed: March 06, 2018, 09:51:40 AM)
10% - 8 (80%)
15% - 0 (0%)
20% - 1 (10%)
25% - 0 (0%)
30% - 1 (10%)
40% - 0 (0%)
50% - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tax on Bitcoin  (Read 455 times)
Nowherman

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:18:27 PM

I think the tax rates for bitcoin operations will be different in each country. Each government will introduce them based on the amount of taxation.

JC btc

Activity: 770
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:19:59 PM

As much as possible, if your country is planning to imposed tax on bitcoin we are aiming to at least just around 1-5%, but it may consider as passive income so the government might literally go with 10% final tax, let us just hope that they will see how it benefit from other people so that they will just imposed little amount of tax.
navneetjais (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:34:20 PM

As much as possible, if your country is planning to imposed tax on bitcoin we are aiming to at least just around 1-5%, but it may consider as passive income so the government might literally go with 10% final tax, let us just hope that they will see how it benefit from other people so that they will just imposed little amount of tax.

Most of the countries are imposing huge tax in crypto to demotivate investors, because they believe decentralized economy structure could be dangerous for good governance.
Derrick

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:44:46 AM

We should pay assesses on the cash we make as it is our ethical obligation and that is the way we can help people the advancement of our nation, yet the administration additionally needs to stop the defilement and that would then be useful for the improvement of the nation and furthermore then the saddled cash will be utilized for right purposes. In any case, if debasement still continues at that point there is no reason for giving expenses, yet government can fuck you up on the off chance that they discover that you haven't paid any duties.
lasry

Activity: 205

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:53:23 AM

If government disregard taxing on bitcoin many rich people may use bitcoin on tax evasion. It would be easy for them to evade tax by just converting all their assets into bitcoin. If this keeps on happening governments might fully ban cryptocurrencies.

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
lucy94

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:21:52 AM

There is no tax on bitcoin which is one of the great advantages it has.
playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:34:23 AM

It is not fair to implement tax on the decentralized technology but the governments want to make money out of it so it is better to have taxes less than 10%,so it can help the people and also the government.

navneetjais (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:20:57 AM

There is no tax on bitcoin which is one of the great advantages it has.

where it is regularized there is tax.
navneetjais (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:34:02 AM

If government disregard taxing on bitcoin many rich people may use bitcoin on tax evasion. It would be easy for them to evade tax by just converting all their assets into bitcoin. If this keeps on happening governments might fully ban cryptocurrencies.

Agree! even if govt stop taking interest on bitcoin, a lot of illegal activities will start occurring. if you are not in favor of tax then no need to approach any govt machinery if you stuck in any crypto scam or to report illegal activities. 
krishnaverma

Activity: 1316
Merit: 106

Available for rent

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:21:47 AM

Current government in India is looking aggressive in recovery of taxes. Though bitcoin is not a legal tender in India but tax rules on crypto gain has been setup and effective from December 2017. If you earn even a single dollar from crypto investment you will have to pay tax, your income slab/age/gender will not matter in crypto tax rules.
There is still lot of confusion and uncertainty in current rules. Govt may propose crypto regulation bill by end of this year.

Can you give any link where government has made announcement regarding this ? I do not thin that we have a separate tax for bitcoin investments in India as per current rules. You just have to add the profit to your yearly income and then pay tax as per the income tax bracket you belong to. It is nothing different from mutual funds. In fact mutual fund profit was completely exempted from taxes in India.

Signature available for rent
bitcoinajax455

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:14:49 AM

I don't agree paying taxes on bitcoin, because it seems  daunting to people and investors selling off their investments. It looks like the government is straightforward for most investors, based on how much you bought bitcoin for, how much you sold it for, and what you make in income. However we connot disobey the government if they implement a tax on bitcoin.
moneyangel

Activity: 336

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:23:47 AM

Crypto regulation in may countries are awaited. I believe that crypto regulation should be global (one world one rule). However many countries has regulated crypto due to the huge pressure of investors and traders. Being an honest trader/investor we all are ready to pay tax but that should be legitimate.    
Here in my country there's no plan to put tax on crypto earnings. It's a risk investment, the people are doing there best to gain profits how come the government will ask for a tax.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
zwiggel

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:02:07 AM

I never heard of bitcoin tax. If bitcoin has a tax then perhaps bitcoin will not exist. No one wants to invest in bitcoin anymore. The bitcoin market will gradually pick up and disappear. I think if there is a bitcoin tax it must be at least 1%.
Renal

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:05:33 AM

How important is the global validity of crypto so that rules and requirements must be clear for the legitimate crypto crypt by economic and tax laws that must be paid by the user.
alekseidanilov0803

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:29:35 PM

investing is a very good way to make money, it leads people to a prosperous existence
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:43:03 PM

Crypto regulation in may countries are awaited. I believe that crypto regulation should be global (one world one rule). However many countries has regulated crypto due to the huge pressure of investors and traders. Being an honest trader/investor we all are ready to pay tax but that should be legitimate.    

It should be one rule for whole world because bitcoin and cryptos don't vary with respect to borders, and not dependent on specific state or country. But unfortunately our governments will restrict the implementation of a universal law or regulation for cryptos.
I agree if we are not doing anything wrong then we should not have to worry about the regulation of bitcoin and cryptos because already we are paying taxes.
reverseflash

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:33:55 PM

If the tax makes no more than 10% and to be applied only on a bitcoin conclusion in Fiat, then agrees, it can do the state good.
bachanhlac

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:40:56 PM

The truth, tax when we do any transaction of Bitcoin is expensive. This is different a "definition of Bitcin" - a crypto currency, a currency without belong to any one, with o lower tax, almost to zero, bla, bla. But, In the near time, the tax of transaction is decreased about 10 time than 2 months ago.  I think it is acceptable
arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:15:15 PM

It should be one rule for whole world because bitcoin and cryptos don't vary with respect to borders, and not dependent on specific state or country. But unfortunately our governments will restrict the implementation of a universal law or regulation for cryptos.
I agree if we are not doing anything wrong then we should not have to worry about the regulation of bitcoin and cryptos because already we are paying taxes.
When we are exchanging it to fiat for sure the local exchange needs to pay taxes in any country of jurisdictions, the government who caters bitcoin will need to implement tax in any business inside their country, we are already paying that, what is needed now is the regulation where people can do business using bitcoin and government will earn in each  transactions that we will cater, still a long way discussions about taxing crypto currency.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
babala

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:19:49 PM

for me, it very unfavorable to tax the income in bitcoin because it can decrease our income on it, How if we encountered losses, can the government share also on our losses?. However, we can not violate it once it was legalized to tax the income in bitcoin. I need to think that the tax will be used in public purpose so it is for benefits for everybody.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: