Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:56:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: e4btc.com down? scam?  (Read 2985 times)
Jet_Set_Willy (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 11:56:01 AM

I couldn't find anything negative about this site on these forums so I tried ordering something from them last week. It looks like that was a mistake  Sad No contact from them in over a week, their mailbox is full and bouncing mails, their phone is not being answered and website now only works intermittently.

If it's not a scam it's doing a pretty good impression of one.  Anyone else had any dealings with them?  The are Berlin based and look like they run several other sites.  I'd be vary of those other sites at the moment as well.

jsw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Isokivi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 02:52:29 PM

I would like to publicly state that e4btc is not a scam. They may be incompetent, understaffed and other things. But in my limited experience they are honest.

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
CoinsForTech

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

5% Bitcoin Discount - All Orders

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 08:46:19 AM

We are based outside of Europe but will gladly take your order Grin

bitcoin_UK

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 12:34:55 PM

I believe people are a bit too quick to call scam on legitimate businesses. Bitcoin is a new system no matter how fast it's growing. Be patient and have trust. If you do your research before you give someone your money then you're safe. Don't taint the currency with scam claims.
InCoinsWeTrust2

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 12:25:31 PM

Hi,
I just want to post a little review for people who are looking to buy electronic stuff with bitcoins. When I searched myself for informations before buying on e4btc I couldn't find any reliable thread about it  Sad

I ordered a laptop for a little more than 3btc on their website and finally got it today, I will try to detail each important point :

Simplicity: 5/5

Ordering on e4btc is really easy, you just have to open an account and choose what you want to buy. Payments are made with bitpay, and orders are confirmed quickly Smiley

Professionalism: 2.5/5

The main problem with e4btc is the professionalism. It's easy to reach them by phone (I called before buying to be sure they can ship in my country, got them on first try, they are german so you'll have to ask to speak english). The guy spoke to me with a good english and ensured me everything was ok for shipment in my country.
I paid for my order but then, not any communication from them anymore, I asked them by mail if my order was confirmed they just replied with a brief message telling me it will be processed tomorrow.
Few days later, I still didn't receive any tracking number so I asked them by mail again and didn't get any answer. I phoned them to ask, and the only answer I got was "I think it's shipped, please give me your e-mail and I will get back to you". Gived them my e-mail and nothing came.
I finally resent them an e-mail and this time they replied, saying me that they will send me trackin number when they'll have it in their computer systems (Huh). This happened 6 days after ordering, and finally I got my laptop delivered 2 days later and never got this tracking number.

Delay: 4/5

I got my order delivered 8 days after the payment (5 business days total). This is a very acceptable delay for an international shipping, the price is fair and the box was well packed Smiley

Conclusion:

Definitely not a scam Wink If you take apart the lack of communication, there's nothing to worry about when ordering on e4btc. I'm happy with the final result, I ordered an electronic device with bitcoin and got it delivered in time as promised, in the end that's the only thing that matter Smiley

I hope my feedback can help people who want to buy there Wink
plethora

Activity: 113

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:46:47 PM

Here's my experience with e4btc. I found the store by web search and the site was down for maintenance for a couple of days (!) before I could finally log on and place an order for a headset.

2 February 2014 - I did complete the payment but nothing happens when I click "Complete checkout" so I can not go to "Checkout complete". I clicked "Go back" and now it is asking me to pay again. However I got the confirmation e-mail which states:
You may now log in by clicking this link or copying and pasting it to your browser:[user:one-time-login-url]
Nothing happens when I click on it since it's not a http link. It's just the text "[user:one-time-login-url]". I did request a new password instead.
After setting your password, you will be able to log in at https://e4btc.com/user in the future using: username and password
Opening this link does not show my order and I can't find it browsing the site either.
You can view the status of your current order at: https://e4btc.com/user/17/orders/17
Clicking this link gave me an access denied error message. Sent an e-mail to e4btc asking about all those issues but didn't receive any reply.

5 February 2014 - e4btc finally "answered" my questions:
thanks for the feedback, we follow up your issues to provide better service. Our merchant account is credited and the invoice is complete.

6 February 2014
- Shipment (I guess)
we received your order and it is on the way. We will send you a tracking code as soon as possible.
Received my order? It was placed 4 days ago. Or perhaps they first send my product to themselves before sending it to me? Messy but I'll wait for the tracking code.

20 February 2014 - Sent another e-mail to e4btc asking why there hasn't been any delivery made and no tracking code sent. No answer.

5 March 2014 - Still no tracking code received! And no delivery has been made of course Sad Finally received a reply from e4btc:
our shipping company told us that you rejected the goods. Do you want to ship it back? Or was this an error?
I did not get a tracking code and no shipping company did ever contact me by coming to my door, leaving a note, sending a delivery notice by mail or phone. I did certainly NOT reject any delivery!
At this point I replied that I cannot trust e4btc and want a refund of my BTC, attaching a link to the payment transaction on the blockchain. Still no reply for 5 days Sad

I would not recommend anyone to use e4btc  Angry
plethora

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:11:37 PM

Just wanted to say:
1st April 2014 still no reply to my refund requests. Two months since order and still no delivery. Scam site?
bitcoinsberlin

Activity: 20

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 02:19:19 PM

Just wanted to say:
1st April 2014 still no reply to my refund requests. Two months since order and still no delivery.

Hello,

This is Philip from e4btc and I was looking into your issue and found that the package has been sent to you and was rejected by somebody who was present. We've looked through our emails and our last contact was on March 5 where we notified you of this issue. We have since not received anything from you somehow, so if you'd like your refund, please email us at info@e4btc.com and we will gladly refund your bitcoins. We searched our email inbox high and low for any further response, and I'm sorry to say there was nothing there. Please forgive us for this miscommunication that somehow occured.

We have just invested a lot into the new design and customer service support in e4btc.com, and are hoping to give our customers a great service. I don't like to see the word scam associated with us, because we do contact all of our customers' emails to ensure every order is processed properly.
plethora

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:22:29 PM

Thanks, Philip. It's nice to see any message from e4btc. I thought you left with all the coins.

I've already asked for a refund on March 5 and then again April 1. I'll try to send you a message once again.

I didn't reject any delivery and wasn't contacted by any delivery company. Normally DHL leaves a note or makes a phone call if the delivery wasn't successful.
How come you don't send a tracking code of the delivery?
Why is my order still in the status "Pending" if you already delivered the goods?
plethora

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:27:22 PM

If anyone is still listening,
26th April 2014 Still no reply! I've confirmed my e-mail account working by sending a copy to my other e-mail account. I also tried mailing bitcoinsberlin.com that is listed on the e4btc.com web page without getting any answers of course  Angry

I regret that I ever found the e4btc.com web page. I've never been treated like this in my life before and I've been shopping from all over the world for several years Cry
plethora

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:50:40 PM

Alright, so I finally got a refund (but still no reply to my mails). Gotta agree with the earlier posts of this thread, e4btc is not a scam but extremely slow to respond. Don't expect to ever be contacted in any matter unless you first contact them several times.
telemaco

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:45:19 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2014, 05:49:55 PM by telemaco

They don't answer phone calls. They don't reply to mails.

They deliver but they would do far better just getting someone answering customer.

Everybody uses internet to buy stuff nowadays, probably most of e4btc employees aswell, and they should know that it leaves a bad taste when you don't know what is happening with your money/order. It makes you feel unsure, uncomfortable and maybe quite angry. Heck i am a very peaceful person but during these days i have been thinking from going to Germany to ask, or to telephone to the guy in the shop nearby using google maps, or to pay a bounty of 2 btc on a thread on the german bitcointalk forum to a German Lawyer so he can send a serious certificate letter or can get some info.

People from e4btc!!, Just drop a fast line and reply to emails!!

Hope they improve that.

laris2

Activity: 688
Merit: 506

CryptoCurrency Evangelist

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 10:28:17 AM

Hi,
Order came fine, though took 9 days in total to be delivered. And the status on the order changed incorrecty, so had to email support for tracking number.
They replied. Smiley

TEST
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 12:09:09 AM

Resurrecting old thread..

Hi,
Order came fine, though took 9 days in total to be delivered. And the status on the order changed incorrecty, so had to email support for tracking number.
They replied. Smiley

Thanks for the review guys. To me the issues raised in this thread seems serious enough to be careful with e4btc.com. I don't know how things looks from e4btc.com's side, but from what I've seen from the customer's side in this thread, that's not a path I would like to walk if it could be avoided.

However, I do support bitcoin businesses, and I hope that e4btc.com can improve their customer service in the future, if they haven't already.
e4btc

Activity: 6

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 11:47:45 AM

Dear bitcoin user,

We are a small dedicated team of three to five bitcoin enthusiasts, software developer and entrepreneurs.

We improved our customer service to upgrade our communication with you:

- Mobile phone: we are constantly available on working days from 9 AM to 5 PM via +49 (0) 30 269 489 30
- Support email: we check incoming request every day via support@e4btc.com
- Order notification with status updates

Since our beginning we focus on fulfillment, fast delivery and shipment tracking.

Don't hesitate to ask further questions and to give more valuable feedback.

Kind regards,
E4btc.com
kapiteined

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 02:11:57 PM

I couldn't find anything negative about this site on these forums so I tried ordering something from them last week. It looks like that was a mistake  Sad No contact from them in over a week, their mailbox is full and bouncing mails, their phone is not being answered and website now only works intermittently.

If it's not a scam it's doing a pretty good impression of one.  Anyone else had any dealings with them?  The are Berlin based and look like they run several other sites.  I'd be vary of those other sites at the moment as well.

jsw

The company is fine, just a bit slow. I ordered and got my stuff after a couple of days.
e4btc

Activity: 6

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 04:06:27 PM

Hi,

thanks for the feedback.

We partnered up with some more suppliers and warehouses to speed up our business.

All of our products are originals and brand-new, they come - without detours - directly from the manufacturers (e.g. Apple, Lenovo, HP etc).

Our customer service replies Emails within the same or the next business day!

We are also available on Phone and Skype to solve all kind of problems.

Kind regards,
E4btc.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: