Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:34:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Self-Moderated NO-FUD discussion thread.  (Read 2396 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
minerpart (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:28:30 PM

THIS THREAD IS MODERATED TO ALLOW FOR THE SENSIBLE AND CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSSION OF LABCOIN.

It would seem logical to begin with a discussion of the IRC Q and A session from yesterday where Sam Noi outlined the current situation regarding the 130nm chips, and made a list of some things he intends to action over the next few days.
Bitcycle has created this excellent summary of the Q and A session:

NOTES FROM THE Q&A

INCLUDING A TO-DO LIST FOR SAMUELE NOI.

Actions for the next 24 hours.

Skype session with Ukyo regarding Bitfunder listing
    Posting to the forum the amount of BTC left in the company funds.
    Change pool to Eligius
    Make the labcoin portfolio public on BTCT

Other actions to complete ASAP

Verification of ID.  A good start would be writing "I am Samuele Noi of Labcoin" and the date on a piece paper, and photograph yourself holding it.
    Photos of the hosting facilities as well as the operational boards
    Send a sample board to TheSeven.  This should be done immediately as the sooner he gets the board the sooner he can provide advice. Delays have a direct cost.
    Exact power consumption figures for the chips/boards

Actions for the community to complete ASAP

Nominate a panel of community representatives to work closely with Samuele. This should be done immediately. We complain about delays from Sam, let's not do what we criticize him for.

THIS LIST WILL BE REPOSTED DAILY WITH ITEMS CHECKED OFF AS THEY ARE COMPLETED
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minerpart (OP)

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:29:44 PM

Second try - this time with Self-Mod rights reserved. Apologies to the 3 previous posters.
zumzero

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 02:51:08 PM

This thread is most welcome and should allow for constructive discussion free from the noise associated with those intent on hunting down the so called scammers.

I found last night's IRC interview a welcome development but was left under the impression that Labcoin Sam was a little too quick to agree to all the requests being made of him.

The TO-DO list is excellent and there should be no let up in ensuring Sam works his way through it.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 07:12:09 PM

So -  what about a board? are there any volunteers? should we agree on a minimum share holding & some relevant experience requirements?

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 07:24:50 PM

IMO, labcoin (whoever that is) should be required to actually do one or two of the things promised in the Q&A prior to everyone wasting time forming a committee. (I also think you should refer to it as an advisory committee, rather than a board.)

If labcoin can't be bothered to follow through on a few simple promises as proof of good faith, the entire committee idea may be a ruse.

radiumsoup

Activity: 356
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 08:03:04 PM

IMO, labcoin (whoever that is) should be required to actually do one or two of the things promised in the Q&A prior to everyone wasting time forming a committee. (I also think you should refer to it as an advisory committee, rather than a board.)

If labcoin can't be bothered to follow through on a few simple promises as proof of good faith, the entire committee idea may be a ruse.
I think it was a good idea to have some sort of shareholder representation, but I agree that "advisory board" is not the best way to think of the group. It should be something more along the lines of "shareholder representatives" or something. The problem with the idea of keeping Sam accountable is that shareholders have no real power - unless and until we can prove his identity (which he is loathe to do) and keep him accountable under pain of actual legal action. So we can't really form a "board of directors" (in the traditional meaning) that Sam would report to, because it's not like we can fire him. Then again, he's probably even LESS likely now to give us his real identity because people are starting to go after Tatti by way of his employer. (Whether or not Sam is actually Tatti is irrelevant to this, as I believe either he is and he's pissed off that his employer is being contacted, or he's not and he's scared to see what Tatti is going through.)

We can say that we "require" him to do certain things, but it has no teeth, unfortunately. We can give him ultimatums, but what can *actually* be done about it that has real world consequences for him unless we have proof of identity? It all boils down to Sam's intent. If he wants to see the project succeed, he should be willing to hear input from a group of people who are better able to solve the problems he's running into - and he must trust that group of people to give him sound advice without fear of getting arrested or accosted in the street even after giving a good-faith effort. If this is the case going forward, we need to have thoughtful, deliberate, and rational people working to ensure they understand the big picture as well as the individual issues that are coming up on an ongoing basis.

If, however, he does not intend for the project to succeed, then he already has all the bitcoins, and we still don't know with any reliable amount of certainty who the real person is behind the keyboard. He's going to simply walk, and it won't matter what kind of machinations we go through to try and keep him accountable.

So, this is my viewpoint:
We form a group of 5 or so volunteers/nominees (no more than 10 in any case) who agree to meet regularly with each other, and also with Sam to discuss problems facing the project. There should be at least one EE on board, or at minimum someone with real experience with actual ASIC development. There should be a few people who understand business management, and at least one person with project management experience. This group should include at least one person who considers this a scam, and at least one person who considers this a sure thing. We need to have a balance of opinion here so that all sides are considered. Can't lose sight of the crazies, because sometimes they actually have a good point to make.

The group should meet at least weekly on their own, without Sam, to discuss what should happen during the following meeting with Sam. When the group meets with Sam, the meeting should cover past project goals, issues that have come up since the last meeting, and the plan for the next week, 30 days, 90 days, and 180 days. Assuming Sam wants the project to succeed, this should not only keep him accountable, but also give him a way to offload/outsource (sorry, couldn't help myself there) assistance from the shareholders.

Is that an agreeable format?

Either way, nominations/volunteers should be considered within the next 24 hours.

PGP fingerprint:   0x85beeabd110803b93d408b502d39b8875b282f86
minerpart (OP)

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 08:07:39 PM

So -  what about a board? are there any volunteers? should we agree on a minimum share holding & some relevant experience requirements?

At this point probablly any major shareholder who thinks they can add a bit of experience into the mix should be eligible for the Board and be immediately assigned. We shouldn't labour the decision - it should be made promptly to give the earliest assistance to the company.

So anyone have the time and some relevant experience?

Marketing, web design, legal, electronics, accounting - all relevant areas.
minerpart (OP)

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 08:17:48 PM

Excellent post radiumsoup.
Rulother

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 09:10:05 PM

At this point probablly any major shareholder who thinks they can add a bit of experience into the mix should be eligible for the Board and be immediately assigned. We shouldn't labour the decision - it should be made promptly to give the earliest assistance to the company.

So anyone have the time and some relevant experience?

Marketing, web design, legal, electronics, accounting - all relevant areas.

I agree with this except for the part of major shareholders only. I say this as there are several people out there that wish to see Labcoin succeed and may have little to no shares at all. We should look at them as to what they are able to contribute to the group as a whole. There are talks regarding this on the #labcoin channel as well.

A Member of the LCSH
auto2nr1

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 09:58:42 PM

Either way, nominations/volunteers should be considered within the next 24 hours.

Yes, lets get this going and finalized ASAP.
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 12:28:25 AM

I'd like to nominate radiumsoup and ytterbium (who spotted the thermal issue from a photo).  I'd also like theseven to join if he's willing.  If not, I'd like to see his paid involvement with the company increase.
hobbymd

Activity: 259

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 12:50:24 AM

ROFLMAO  Grin

not blaming you though for this self-moderated thread, i was defending these clown ass labcoin operation until couple of weeks ago but I couldn't keep my head in sand any more and hope that labcoin will one day have a constructive discussion with the community while most investors lost a lot of money. With labcoin's track record as is, this is just magical wishful thinking!!!!
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 12:55:29 AM

I just hope that this doesn't go the way of the ActM board.  Oh, and thank you for creating this thread... now to figure out how to keep it from appearing on my "Show new replies to your posts." list.
kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 02:58:51 AM

I'd like to nominate radiumsoup and ytterbium (who spotted the thermal issue from a photo).  I'd also like theseven to join if he's willing.  If not, I'd like to see his paid involvement with the company increase.

To add, Agath seems to be adept at getting in touch with the Tatti's. Maybe he'd be your "inside Italian"?

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
auto2nr1

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 04:34:13 AM

yes to radiumsoup and ytterbium
ampu

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:16:06 AM

To add, Agath seems to be adept at getting in touch with the Tatti's. Maybe he'd be your "inside Italian"?

+1 It could be very useful to have one Italian trusted forum member as well. Agath seems to also have enough tech knowledge

zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 10:38:12 AM

Now you guys may laugh at my suggestion, but do think it through first before knee-jerking a 'NO!".

What about TMAN? 

He's tenatious and very, very keen to see Labcoin succeed. 

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 11:47:23 AM

Now you guys may laugh at my suggestion, but do think it through first before knee-jerking a 'NO!".

What about TMAN? 

He's tenatious and very, very keen to see Labcoin succeed. 

While I appreciate the vote of confidence I don't think I could bring the right skills to the table, once a product is ready to go to market then I can and will be willing to assist with sales, but I feel we really need tech skills to help here.

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
Rulother

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 02:29:57 PM

For all interested in taking part of this, "committee," please come to the #Labcoin channel today around 2000 UTC / 4pm EST. We are looking for people who can actually contribute, not just big share holders. Similar to Radiumsoup's post.

A Member of the LCSH
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 03:54:43 PM

I just hope that this doesn't go the way of the ActM board.  Oh, and thank you for creating this thread... now to figure out how to keep it from appearing on my "Show new replies to your posts." list.

I definitely don't want a "board of cheerleaders" but rather a board of people who can look at the situation critically and also look at what's going "inside" the company and keep in contact with people who are actually running things when sam is unreachable.

I'd also really like to see someone actually on the ground in HK/SZ who can hopefully go visit these places and see what's going on.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: