Bitcoin Forum
August 17, 2024, 11:01:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I am progressively converting my XRP to XLM..  (Read 127 times)
JuniAiko (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 04:49:54 PM

Why I am progressively converting my Ripple (XRP) to Stellar (XLM) as Stellar price keeps falling.
1 ) A non-profit organization, and a decentralizing network.
2 ) Partnership with IBM
3 ) Targets the people and small businesses (especially in developing countries)rather than big mega banks and for-profit corporations.
4 ) Stellar is working towards functioning as a decentralized bank itself -- enticing users to keep their funds as XLM (rather than using it, like with XRP, simply to facilitate  the quick transaction before it is converted back into Fiat again).
5 ) Stellar is also working towards operating as a decentralized exchange of other cryptos.
6 ) Unlike the xRapid (XRP) token (where Ripple also offers xCurrent, and is/will be introducing other modes of transactions); the Lumens (XLM) token *actually* has to be adopted to utilize the Stellar network.
7 ) IMO, the XLM token has been way oversold by now; due to the lack of "hype" and as impatient short-term speculators progressively decides to cash out.
8 ) The 1 Billion New XRP coins (held by added to circulation every month! The burn rate of approx. 3 XRP/min (e.g. approx. 129600 XRP/mth) isn't sufficient to counteract that.
9 ) The released coins are distributed to the banks/companies that uses the XRP network; whereas, XLM instead distributes the fees collected from transactions (to prevent DOS attacks) to the holders of XLM itself.
10) Unknown to many people, the XLM is *actually* also being increasingly adopted. But not big news as they are growing their presence in developing/third-world countries, and servicing the small business and the people there (especially foreign workers trying to send money home, etc.)

Stellar Lumens [XLM] might have hit bottom, their new wallet update to turn markets green?
https://bitcoinwarrior.net/2018/03/stellar-lumens-xlm-might-have-hit-bottom-their-new-wallet-update-to-turn-markets-green/

Analysis of Ripple, xRapid (XRP); and valid caution to investors who may hold unrealistic expectations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF7PIh3di8E

* Although with all that is said, I do believe the XRP price will likely grow in 2018 too; but I do not believe it has the potential for the same %gain that XLM still has -- even with all that partnerships that they are forming, and IF many of them eventually decides to switch towards utilizing the XRP token. The key reason is points #4, #6, #7, #8, and #9.

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
cryptonero

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:55:25 PM

I dont really impressed with XRP's structure it has the banking system of these banks,and why would we use XRP? we are here for the decentralization of our money,less centralized less corruption.Donating in charities is a lot better than investing to XRP because you are literally giving away your money to these greedy bankers.

jackolinyoko

Activity: 204

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:04:24 PM

That was the best thing you did,XRP shouldnt be supported by our community nor called a cryptocurrency because the cryptos should always be decentralized like what satoshi nakamoto wants we he is creating the bitcoin's structure.XRP is just an exception to the rule and i dont like the idea of having a centralized coin in our decentralized community,that is like you are getting into something you arent familiar of.

JuniAiko (OP)

Activity: 126

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 08:19:00 PM

What I really hated the most about Ripple is with point #9
This is no different from government printing fiat currency to bail out (or to offer corporate welfare) to mega-banks (for the executives to pay themselves big bonuses); while the common people holding the XRP tokens get a % of their investment effectively taken away by that inflation to channel to the corporations/mega-banks.

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: