Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:12:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: US Gov Shutdown can be averted by minting 1Trillion Dollar Coin link, details  (Read 732 times)
digitalindustry (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 04:01:59 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2013, 04:35:42 PM by digitalindustry

The US gov can still mint the one Trillion Dollar Coin it has been discovered to the relief of many beltway insiders.
Link :
http://www.businessinsider.com.au/breathe-easy-even-if-the-government-is-shut-down-we-can-still-mint-the-coin-2013-9

This can occur because the Treasury can still mint and the Federal Reserve can still operate.

Further to this proposal upon the coin being delivered to the Fed it will apparently be set into a what was described by a beltway insider as a “oversized hat or crown” apparently this “Coinhat” will be offered to the current Fed chairman of the day in a crowning ceremony .

The Coinhat will have at the center piece a spot for the real 1Trillion Dollar coin.

There will be also other empty spaces around the hat , and when the Government reaches its Debt limit in future another coin will be added.

The reason the Coinhat will be comically over-sized was on purpose US gov Advisory said that the "CoinHat" had to portray “Wealth and Power” to the Coinhat wearer.

“When Us citizens and foreigners  gaze upon the wearer of the Coinhat , they will understand the wealth and power that lay therein the coinhat , that being the one or many 1Trillion dollar coins. “

The Fed chairman will only wear the Coinhat on occasion that he/she makes official announcements or when talking to foreign dignitaries.

Some have ask jokingly if the CoinHat wearer will get an appropriate Scepter , they were answered quite seriously that it was still under consideration.

This Government shut down is no laughing matter.

will follow with artists impression of the Coinhat....

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 04:02:33 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2013, 04:30:56 PM by digitalindustry

Note**

This is only a first artists impression , and by no means what the final Hat will look like...

Regardless a solution is a solution , and lets all just hope they get it done !

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 04:33:34 PM

The coin solution is a sound one , that whole Hat thing I'm not as sure about ??

i mean couldn't the 1 Trillion dollar coin just be put in a vault ?

I do understand the point about Citizens and foreigners being able to see the coin and the wealth it represents but...

so hmm maybe its a good idea... anyhow its good to see that solutions are coming forward..

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
fisheater

Activity: 770
Merit: 605

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 05:13:50 PM

lol  Grin
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 05:29:59 PM

So this is like those Zimbabwe bills, but printed on a token bit of platinum to make it seem less silly?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 01:52:20 AM

So this is like those Zimbabwe bills, but printed on a token bit of platinum to make it seem less silly?

-MarkM-

Don't forget the CoinHat Mark...

It will be put into a Coin hat  - I assume that would add to the seriousness of the matter , Stamp it in history if you like...

Artists impression is only off of a description,  it was said there would be Rainbows in the Hat to show the happiness that the following 1 Trillion in debt issued notes would bring , monetized from the single coin of platinum that will be minted from the Treasury at little to no cost.

well I guess a platinum coin would have more cost associated to it to make , than say printing up a Bond debt free (which is a single piece of paper of course) , to turn into Debt issued notes..., i guess that's why you don't see a "Bondhat"  ?? 

As i said now with the Government shut down this CoinHat solution seems a good one..

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 01:53:46 AM

Hmm that coinhat maybe should be made out of tinfoil... Wink Cheesy

Or platinum foil! Yeah! Much more impressive! Cheesy

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: