Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:55:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: blackarrow software advice  (Read 1114 times)
kashish948 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 04:43:37 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2017, 12:18:27 AM by kashish948

cad_cdn

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 04:46:20 PM

if they ship by UPS, or DHL, or Fedex, you are pretty much guaranteed to pay custom's and HST import duties, and a custom's agent brokerage fee as well of $20+

hi
i have order a prosperxo x-1 from them but after reading their post here on bitcointalk i have a few questions

1. will i have to pay any custom charges in ontario, canada?
2. will this machine have any chance of giving a ROI?

thanks!
cad_cdn

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 05:13:34 PM

mayb be so, but duty is one thing, brokerage fees and HST is another
hst on value of goods; hst on brokerage fee and brokerage fee;
(dhl\ups\fedex charges brokerage fee for the service to act as a broker to import the item)

Canada Custom's always finds a way to nail you.

cad_cdn

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 05:22:28 PM

sorry, I never replied to the other question, I'm no expert, but the ROI is definitely going to decrease very quickly in the next few weeks as the larger 100\GH\s and TH\s machines roll off the lines.

I read today a estimated 30% difficulty every 10 days....

maybe think about buying mining equipment to mine alternative coins
or get into trading currencies and mining by profitability and value
or by bitcoins and hold onto them (probably the safest advice)

ok thanks!
but what about the other two questions

2. will this machine have any chance of giving a ROI? (about 360$ with taxes, etc.)
3. every post i read, says the difficulty will keep on increasing at a MINIMUM of 55% per month! is this really possible? wouldnt it make every miner a piece of garbage within a few months? dont you think at some point of time the difficulty will remain constant or even fall?

thanks a lot!
milone

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 07:55:28 PM

Yes, mining equipment purchased now is very likely to cost more to run than it will earn within 6 months... so when you get it you essentially have a few months to hopefully return a profit or you won't. If you paid for the equipment with fiat (dollars), then your odds of ROI are increased as the BTC price increases. If you paid for it with bitcoins, in most cases it will never mine the amount of bitcoins you spent on it.

So it comes down to when you get it, and how much you paid per Gh/s. I have orders from BFL from March that I'm expecting soon (I paid with PayPal), and the $ per Gh/s is still very competitive to new ASIC miners being offered (I ordered before BFL doubled the prices across the board)... and even these machines probably won't ROI without a decent bump in BTC price. If I would have paid for them with Bitcoin, they would most likely never mine the amount of Bitcoins I spent on them (I haven't done detailed enough calculations but I'm betting they won't).

As someone else mentioned, you can look at mining sha256-based alt-coins with ASICs. As the prices fluctuate, they become more or less profitable than BTC so if you mine a coin while it is more profitable than BTC and then exchange it to BTC while it is still more profitable, you've made more than you would have by just mining BTC. If you have a Windows PC you can check out CGWatcher's Profitability Mining which will automatically mine your most profitable coin, checking however often you set it to. If you setup auto-withdrawal from your pool to a Cryptsy account, and set your Cryptsy account to auto-exchange those coins to BTC, then you've mostly automated the entire process... although you have to make sure you exchange the coins while they're still more profitable than BTC so you have to ensure your pool will payout often enough.

There are pools that attempt to do this all for you, like middlecoin and hashco.ws, but they're for scrypt-based alt-coins. We'll probably see similar sha256-based multipools in the future. But it is not an exact science and with the volatility of alt-coins, there is no guarantee the coin will be more profitable long enough for all this to take place, nor that there will be any buyers when you go to sell... so many people prefer using CGWatcher and handling the exchanging part themselves.

If you want to see how much money you'll lose with your ASIC, plug in the numbers at http://mining.thegenesisblock.com but you have to watch which month you set as the month you'll start mining, because they adjust difficulty for the entire month on the 1st of that month, which isn't reality - whatever the estimated difficulty increase for that month is isn't the difficulty for the entire month... it increases throughout the month and stops at that amount. So changing the start date even by one month can make a big difference which may not be entirely accurate.

CGWatcher, a GUI/monitor for CGMiner & BFGMiner: http://www.cgwatcher.com
CGRemote, a remote mining dashboard for all of your miners: http://www.minerremote.com
BTC: 12TAYjmSrdDHLNpmix2MG6y3R868SMM7Fx    LTC: LM6Un6hZvPzLBggJWiAVG6E6w2GfaHukXY
milone

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 11:53:55 PM

It depends. If everyone was mining the same alt-coins and going with most profitable, then yes, that coin's difficulty would increase and so would the likelihood that there will not be enough buyers if the coin's trading volume is low (as is the case with many alt-coins). This already happens with scrypt-based coins, and pools like middlecoin and hashco.ws only exacerbate this by having everyone in the pool do the exact same thing at the exact same time. With CGWatcher, you can select which coins to mine, so if you don't mine all alt-coins you reduce the risk of being on the same coin as the herd. You can also choose to mine your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. most profitable just to avoid situations like this. Although a coin is 2nd most profitable, by not going with 1st most profitable you're hopefully avoiding the herd and you can mine that coin longer without difficulty spikes. You can also set how often it checks & switches coins by interval or date/time (or other options) to further separate yourself from everyone else.

There are also a number of attributes you can set CGWatcher to use when deciding which coin to mine:

Profitability
Profitability (adjusted for stales)
Profitability (24-hour average)
Highest Reward
Lowest Difficulty
Lowest Network Hashrate
Lowest Network Hashrate (7-day average)

Right now I'm working on allowing the user to create their own formula using these values, which will allow you to experiment rather than just go by what CoinChoose deems most profitable as everyone else is. This will reduce the likelihood even more that you're mining with the herd, which means the coin you're mining won't be most profitable for very long once difficulty and trading volume catch up.

CGRemote, a remote mining dashboard for all of your miners: http://www.minerremote.com
BTC: 12TAYjmSrdDHLNpmix2MG6y3R868SMM7Fx    LTC: LM6Un6hZvPzLBggJWiAVG6E6w2GfaHukXY
milone

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 01:06:46 AM

I just looked at Blackarrows website. It says they don't deliver their miners until Febuary 2014! that's along time to wait for a miner.

I just commented on a guys post who just ordered from http://Advancedminers.com and he said that he called them and they deliver in 4 weeks from the time you order it.

I suggest that you hold off on ordering anything from advancedminers.com until it has been confirmed as legitimate by someone other than a forum newbie with three posts all recommending AMT miners. This company, its spokesman, and related thread are throwing up some red flags. I'm not certain it's a scam, but make sure to do your due diligence before giving them any money.

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 02:04:52 PM

You will have to get the miner delivered and mining on time if you want to make back your ROI and get profit.
KGBSlim

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

CoinSlingin

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 02:09:01 PM

AMT seems like they wanted to hop in before everyone spent their money on a Cointerra! lol Did anybody else realize that Cointerra hasnt even produced a working model?? Ill sell all of you a 1PHs rig for 10K with delivery expected in January. I have as much proof its in the works as Cointerra or AMT........People have balls going with a brand new company that has showed nothing at all more than a concept drawing. And these same people will be pissed when it doesnt arrive in the beginning of January. SMFH

Tips - 16AbA3b2GRR37t6RasVJmoxXTGuGUE1PAP
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: