Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:14:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Even the Merit Point are motivating to hack BTT accounts! Dumbest case.  (Read 235 times)
angaper (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:20:29 PM

It is true that deceiving others is always bad, but there are people with such talent in this art that sometimes can arouse a great admiration for their intelligence and sagacity. But this is not the case.

Someone was able to access my account (since I had a very weak password) on February 24, 2018 with the sole purpose of looting my 73 merit points and distributing them among those I assume must be his alts:

February 24, 2018, 11:51:36 PM: 1 to pat4cryptoreal for Re: can bitcoin reach 25k $
February 24, 2018, 11:51:06 PM: 10 to TpoJIb for Re: Ктo пpoxoдил тecт нa IQ?
February 24, 2018, 11:50:00 PM: 10 to X-Tream for Re: Ктo cкoлькo зapaбoтaл
February 24, 2018, 11:49:10 PM: 10 to S [m] OKE for Re: Любимaя кpиптa
February 24, 2018, 11:48:20 PM: 10 to Zoom ^ eR for Re: Дeньги пoкaзaтeль интeллeктa?
February 24, 2018, 11:02:25 PM: 10 to whitegrey for Re: [ANN] SRG COMMUNITY - THE FIRST CRYPTO LOYALTY PROGRAM FOR ONLINE GAMING 🎮
February 24, 2018, 10:59:28 PM: 10 to YulyNov for Кaк eщe зapaбoтaть нa знaнияx o кpип? Te
February 24, 2018, 10:58:41 PM: 10 to Yury1 for Maнипyляции нa pынкe кpиптoвaлют
February 24, 2018, 10:57:48 PM: 2 to letminkola for Re: Чeм вы eщe yвлeкaeтecь

The looting took place in less than an hour, at a time of the day when I am usually not connected (approximately 5:00 AM from my local time) and unfortunately I did not realize the looting until yesterday, since my plan was to distribute some points among random users once a week, that is why I was only able to discover this action a week after the event.

It is also worth noting that this stupid looter did not have any inconvenience in demonstrating his Russian nationality, otherwise I do not see the reason for distributing most of my points among users of that language, a language that I do not know and do not have the least interest in knowing. I only speak Spanish and I have severe problems understanding English.

I do not know what action can be taken in this regard, meanwhile I already chose to assign a negative trust to each one of them.

Reference: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;u=655931
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3056

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 08:20:08 PM

Unfortunately, there is no way to prove to us it wasn't you that did that.   Undecided

Maybe someone offered you coin to leave those merit?  (Not accusing, just giving an example)

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:47:27 PM

Like Vod said there's no way of proving that this is the case, and without accusing you are anything I find it very odd than someone would get access to a hero member account, use it's merit to rank up it's alt accounts using it's merit. Did they even attempt to get into your email? I'm assuming your password is different on here to what it is on your email and therefore they didn't take over the account completely.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:30:34 PM

........Someone was able to access my account (since I had a very weak password) on February 24, 2018 with the sole purpose of looting my 73 merit points and distributing them among those I assume must be his alts:........................

So, with all the hacking and account thefts and you being a Hero, you left a knowingly weak password on your account?
Sorry, but it looks fishy.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 01:13:37 AM

Unfortunately, there is no way to prove to us it wasn't you that did that.   Undecided

Maybe someone offered you coin to leave those merit?  (Not accusing, just giving an example)
If he sent all sMerits himself, I don't think that he would make this thread to get attention.
I see some Spanish posts and any Russian posts in your post history, so it's not likely that you awarded your alts with all your sMerits. But theorically, it's possible that you sold your sMerits as Vod says

Anyway, you should enjoy that you still have access to your Bitcointalk account after that. It's a good lesson that you and other users need to set more difficult passwords than you had.

darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:53:33 AM

If only i have the power to get all the information on this forum then i should probably not waste my time on hacking your account.

If i was the hacker i would rather not waste it in just getting nor distributing a merit from you. Instead I'd hack your account change your "weak password(lol)" and use it that benefits me more.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1220

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 08:32:29 AM
Merited by marlboroza (1)

Having a weak password does not make you the innocent person. As far as I see this is a case of merit abuse and seems like you are simply trying to cover your ass by saying that your account got hacked.

Lets just say out of my experience I have seen many such threads here where people claim to be using a weak pass and their account got hacked and then did something illegal and then the real owner comes back saying "I was hacked" - IMO that does NOT make you innocent.

Anyway archiving this - http://archive.is/FoD7y

Next time dont try to play the scapegoat. It only makes people suspicious.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x