Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DPR/SR  (Read 725 times)
carolyn_jarvis (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:05:15 PM

Newbie here.. also a journalist (one of the many, I'm told)..
Trying to reach DPR for a comprehensive Bitcoin piece we're putting on national TV in Canada.

Can anyone lend a helping hand?

with thanks,
Your friendly Canadian journalist.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:17:57 PM

He's probably going to be a very hard guy to reach, got any solid proof for what you say?  I'm sure you'll need it at some point.
carolyn_jarvis (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:36:12 PM

Proof of what I do?
Sure.
The show I work for is called "16x9" - http://globalnews.ca/national/program/16x9
It is highly credible and was recently named best current affairs show in Canada: 
http://globalnews.ca/news/649238/16x9-wins-four-rtdna-awards-including-best-investigative-best-use-of-video-best-feature-and-best-show/

We are producing a Global feature on Bitcoin - traveling to Berlin to look at where it's being used on the ground and examining the friction between libertarians and those who want it to be regulated/mainstream.
As part of that, we are hoping to talk about DPR & Silk Road.

As for me? This is a bit of background...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolyn_Jarvis

Are you able to help?

many thanks..
Carolyn
hayek

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:39:00 PM

IMO if I wanted to contact DPR I would make it known in the places he frequents - SR boards perhaps? And leave my list of q's for him with a secure place to have the answers sent. Or, at least, a secure way to set up communications.

I don't think it will be a matter of you contacting/finding him so much as it is the other way around.

But that's just my stab at it.
carolyn_jarvis (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:47:53 PM

IMO if I wanted to contact DPR I would make it known in the places he frequents - SR boards perhaps? And leave my list of q's for him with a secure place to have the answers sent. Or, at least, a secure way to set up communications.

I don't think it will be a matter of you contacting/finding him so much as it is the other way around.

Thanks for the advice... I wasn't able to post on other boards, it seems, as a Newbie...?
Re: Secure way - is there a best way to do that? I'm really only familiar with conventional means of communication, email, skype (in person!).. ha...
Magazine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:50:44 PM

Thanks for the advice... I wasn't able to post on other boards, it seems, as a Newbie...?
Re: Secure way - is there a best way to do that? I'm really only familiar with conventional means of communication, email, skype (in person!).. ha...

Download TOR and go to the Silkroad Forums.

Best way to contact DPR if he wants to answer your questions.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: