Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:33:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Debit Card  (Read 152 times)
jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:03:15 PM

Hey all i have heard of this but do not know much about it.  The only bitcoin debit card i heard of is bitpay.

If you get this card, you could withdraw from any atm in the us correct?  What are the limits per day, week, month etc?  Also is the btc rate good?  What about the fees?  Is it better/worst or much better/worst than as oppose you use coinbase/gdax or gemini to withdraw to my bank account?

The other thing is could you use it outside the US and withdraw money in another currency?  Would you guys recommend the bitpay debit card?  What other bitcoin debit card would you recommend?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SuperD007

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

Treat People How You Would Like To Be Treated.

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:14:51 PM

If I remember correctly,  SpectroCoin also offers their own Bitcoin debit card
Bibite

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:16:14 PM

If I remember correctly,  SpectroCoin also offers their own Bitcoin debit card

Did they start to sell their cards yet?
BitcoinGuruOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:16:27 PM

Hi!

I do not know about the BitPay, but as far as i have researched other crypto cards, CENTRA credit card is the superior card right now because of its availability in many locations around the globe and because it supports many currencies and tokens compared to other cards. the other big names dont even have a working product as TenX and Monaco. Their withdrawal fees, annual fees depends on onf card you chose and you can check them out here: https://centra.tech/
Fazlurkhan.kz

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:18:05 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2018, 07:43:38 PM by Fazlurkhan.kz

If you get this card, you could withdraw from any atm in the us correct?  What are the limits per day, week, month etc?  Also is the btc rate good?  What about the fees?  Is it better/worst or much better/worst than as oppose you use coinbase/gdax or gemini to withdraw to my bank account?
Yes,if we purchase this card that costs around 10$, we can use it in any ATM in all 50 US states.
The limits are as follows-
  • Purchase Limits - $10,000 per DAY
  • Cash Withdrawal Limits - $3,000 per DAY
  • Load Limit - $10,000 per DAY
It is far better than other ways to withdraw btc to bank account!

The other thing is could you use it outside the US and withdraw money in another currency?  Would you guys recommend the bitpay debit card?  What other bitcoin debit card would you recommend?
One of the cons of Bitpay is that it is only limited to US residents. It cannot be used outside US.
These are some other TOP Bitcoin Debit Cards -
  • Cryptopay
  • Xapo
  • Wirex
  • Shift
But the best Bitcoin Debit Card I'd suggest only if you're a US citizen is BITPAY. As it is accepted all over US.
But in January this year there were some issues raised regarding the bitcoin debit cards and they plan on shutting their service. So better stay away and prefer hardwallets instead!
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:27:47 PM

On 05/01/2018, VISA blocked plastic visa payment cards for cryptocurrency payment operators in the EU. Cards from bitpay, cryptopay, WIREX, TenX do not work.
We recommend that you refrain from ordering such Visa cards until the matter is resolved.
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:39:34 PM

Hey all i have heard of this but do not know much about it.  The only bitcoin debit card i heard of is bitpay.

If you get this card, you could withdraw from any atm in the us correct?  What are the limits per day, week, month etc?  Also is the btc rate good?  What about the fees?  Is it better/worst or much better/worst than as oppose you use coinbase/gdax or gemini to withdraw to my bank account?

The other thing is could you use it outside the US and withdraw money in another currency?  Would you guys recommend the bitpay debit card?  What other bitcoin debit card would you recommend?

Here is a list of available card maintained list here at bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1242788.msg12935102#msg12935102

It doesn't matter which card you use, it will be same as if you are in a foreign country, you still have to pay fees because you are withdrawing money from 3rd bank ATM. They should state at their website more about fees. All in all bitpay is here for quite some time and it is a trust-able company by many people and businesses. The point with them is that you don't have to go through your bank account and thus authorities might not even know that you have money outside of the country..
randulakoralage961007

Activity: 184
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:52:51 AM

Bitcoin is the internet of money and with a Bitcoin Debit Card, you can pay anywhere on this planet where Credit- or Debit Cards are accepted with the crypto currency of your choice.

There are number of bitcoin debit-credit cards more than “Bitpay”. Ex. Cryptopay , WageCan, advcash, SpectroCoin, Uquid, Wirex, Bitwala, Xapo, CoinBank, Shift, Bitnation, Coinizy, rax card and BitPlastic etc.

The Bitpay Prepaid Visa Card that you are mentioning is available to residents in all 50 US states. Details about Bitpay are given down.

Fee for ATM or cash-back withdrawals inside the US : $2.00
Purchase Limits $10,000/DAY
Cash Withdrawal Limits $3,000/DAY
Load Limit $10,000/DAY
Maximum Card Balance $25,000
Card to Card Transfer Limit $500/DAY

Reference : https://bitpay.com/card/resources/Fees.pdf

In order to use the card you need to deposit money into your account at the debit card company – this means you’re giving control over your coins to a 3rd party. This can be a problem.

The best card should be selected after considering your country and details such as purchase limits, withdrawal limit etc. Also you must select a well known company whose cards are accepted world wide.

teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:15:06 AM

If you get this card, you could withdraw from any atm in the us correct?
That, and most of retailers that accepts debit card as form of payment

What are the limits per day, week, month etc?  Also is the btc rate good?  What about the fees?  Is it better/worst or much better/worst than as oppose you use coinbase/gdax or gemini to withdraw to my bank account?
This all depends on your Debit Card provider. We have Bitpay, Advcash, Xapo, Wire-x, etc.
Each debit card provider has their own rules, regulations, fees, and rates. You will have to check each website and compare which one is the best for you, although usually their rates and fees doesn't have any major differences.

Bitcoin Debit Card either has Visa or Mastercard logo on it, meaning as long as your retailer or atm accepts Visa/Mastercard you are good to go.
Bitpay only servers US based customer, if you're not in US you need to look elsewhere. Most of bitcoin debit card will require verification and only serves either US or Europe region after Wavecrest started blocking card outside US or Europe.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: