Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 06:29:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase  (Read 786 times)
amer (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 09:48:38 PM

I signed up with these guys (not realizing how much easier localbitcoins.com was) and purchased 10 BTC immediately. I didn't realize you had to wait 10 days for your first purchase, so I patiently waited..

10 days later, they cancelled my purchase and now my refund is "pending".

I think I just loaned Coinbase $1250 and got no interest out of it. Does this happen to everyone?

tips: 1amerApYUVjsKSuVUtfjxaoi7QXG7Zwao
cbhelp

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 09:54:24 PM

I signed up with these guys (not realizing how much easier localbitcoins.com was) and purchased 10 BTC immediately. I didn't realize you had to wait 10 days for your first purchase, so I patiently waited..

I think I just loaned Coinbase $1250 and got no interest out of it. Does this happen to everyone?

its 5 business days.

it doesnt happen to everyone.

after your first buy, plus 30 days and verifying yourself, you can buy up to 10 btc and get them instantly.
markjamrobin

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 09:56:22 PM

its 5 business days.

it doesnt happen to everyone.

after your first buy, plus 30 days and verifying yourself, you can buy up to 10 btc and get them instantly.

What is the criteria for the 10/5 day waiting period? Is that on withdrawals as well?

cbhelp

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 09:57:09 PM

when you buy, you have to wait 5 business days to get the btc initially.  however,, once you have btc in your account, there is no waiting.
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 09:58:40 PM

It has happened to others.  They usually post, accusing coinbase of waiting to see if BTC goes up or down and canceling unfavorable orders.  Then coinbase posts and says no, it was just a glitch we'll whitelist you and honor the old price.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
briehost

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 10:01:32 PM

I've used coinbase many times and while they sometimes have delays in processing they have never reverted any transaction I have made with them. Did they give any explanation why? I don't think coinbase is in to make money the BFL way, or they would have held your funds for at least "two more weeks" Wink

To brie or not to brie...
millsdmb

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 10:10:17 PM

i think everybody just starting on coinbase gets at least one "security" denial". They tell you to go ahead and put in another order. IN your case that might not be easy until the $1200 is refunded, but once you hit instant status it really is instant.

The first day I signed up, I deposited to my coinbase wallet, sold them, and got the money in my checking account two days later. The delays only appear on purchases, before you reach level 2.

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
Olaf (Coinbase)

Activity: 36

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 01:01:19 AM

Olaf from Coinbase here.

I'm sorry about the cancellation. We use machine learning algorithms to determine risk, and they are not 100% accurate. If you email support[at]coinbase[dot]com I can manually review your account. Again, my apologies for the trouble with this!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: