Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:18:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Proposal for a new section in the forum + a review of one month of merit  (Read 139 times)
paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1575

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:43:14 PM

The review (objective I hope) of one month of merit.

a - There are some better quality posts in some sections. Many users got the message.

b - There are some users trying to look "meritable" confusing long posts with relevant and useful posts.

c - There is lots and lots of merit trading in farms and groups. Ethics apart, it is the most stupid thing to trade merit so bluntly and particularly at this moment. Eventually, the trading will end and farms will only have the merit they can legitimately obtain.

d - There are some sections, particularly in Alts in which the good threads get obscured by bumps of the less useful ones. (My proposal relates to this)

e - There are so many threads about merit that I was reluctant to open this one. I am weak.

Proposal for a new section:

Based on the existance of the sections "Serious Discussion" and "Ivory Tower", I would appreciate if the Admin(s) could consider a similar section for Altcoins, something like "Serious Alt Discussion". No signatures, members and above only and strict moderation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Husires
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1284

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 10:58:18 PM

it’s allowed to talk about altcoins in Serious Discussion

Btw Full member and merit source  Shocked Shocked

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1575

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:10:17 PM

it’s allowed to talk about altcoins in Serious Discussion

You are right, it is allowed, I think that a section in alts would be much more noticeable.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:02:37 AM

You are right, it is allowed, I think that a section in alts would be much more noticeable.

That might be true, although we can only judge this on existing sections, and in serious discussion there isn't much altcoin discussion going on. You are probably right in that it would get more exposure if there was a serious discussion in the altcoin section, but there needs to be visible demand before that happens.

I'm not judging the merit system until it's in full flow either.
rlim475

Activity: 59
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:36:26 AM

This is a really great idea, you have my approval.

When I've visited the altcoin sections it seems awash with 'rate my portfolio' and 'will ethereum reach x' threads. Not to mention all of the speculation threads are mostly just the same one liners repeated.

I think this is probably the spammiest section of the forum still and it would be great to have some serious altcoin discussion in a signature free section.
Praesidium

Activity: 409
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:37:13 AM

Based on the existance of the sections "Serious Discussion" and "Ivory Tower", I would appreciate if the Admin(s) could consider a similar section for Altcoins, something like "Serious Alt Discussion". No signatures, members and above only and strict moderation.
+1, I'd like to see Serious Alt Discussion in Alts area so that it will really be noticeable, so that there will be a good discussion in alt coin area, because we only see shit thread at altcoin discussion lately. Seriously this is really a good idea to be implemented.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: