May 11, 2024, 10:39:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The United States is:
Still the American Dream - 28 (11.9%)
Just a place - 44 (18.7%)
Fat people - 72 (30.6%)
The land of legal money laundering and money injection - 70 (29.8%)
idgaf - 21 (8.9%)
Total Voters: 235

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Opinion on the US  (Read 18936 times)
Ecurb123

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:46:28 PM

a lot of good people living under a dangerous government. The world would be a lot better place if the US government didn't exist.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:56:02 PM

a lot of good people living under a dangerous government. The world would be a lot better place if the US government didn't exist.

The same tune has been sung for every empire in history Tongue  If it's not the US, it's somebody else.

Ecurb123

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:18:00 PM

The same tune has been sung for every empire in history Tongue  If it's not the US, it's somebody else.

Yes it's true, there is always the worst.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 10:03:36 PM

Yes it's true, there is always the worst.

I'm not often a vocal defender of my country (the US), but I do suspect that the world could do worse when it comes to having a hegemon.

Alas, we are rapidly sinking deeper and deeper into depravity (e.g., double-tap drone strikes, sarin false-flags, and the list goes on.)  I do expect that the rest of the world will at some point decide that they need to coordinate and act together against us in the best interest of their own future.  At least if we remain a somewhat multi-polar world with respect to governance.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 10:23:51 PM

I'm not often a vocal defender of my country (the US), but I do suspect that the world could do worse when it comes to having a hegemon.

Good point.
Which one can we get to be the next hegemon?  The UK is still tired from the last time.
Its often been said that the job of a leader is to decide and take the blame.

China is looking like they might want the job, maybe we could let them wear the tall hat for a while? 
Its not as fun as most folks imagine.

The Saud royalty would probably go for it if given the chance.  Who else is in the running?

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Ekaros

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 11:25:25 PM

The worst thing about it is having to foot the bill for every illegal alien / welfare family in the country. Sad

What's next?

Don't you love thy neighbour? Don't you wish to do them what you wish to be done to you?

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
AndrewWilliams

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 11:40:58 PM

The worst thing about it is having to foot the bill for every illegal alien / welfare family in the country. Sad

What's next?

Don't you love thy neighbour? Don't you wish to do them what you wish to be done to you?

Who brought troll over to this thread? Thought you were busy bashing Christianity in the other one?

Bible is very clear laws are to be obeyed. Breaking the law and expecting free healthcare is not expected.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 11:47:27 PM

What's next?

Who brought troll over to this thread? Thought you were busy bashing Christianity in the other one?

Bible is very clear laws are to be obeyed. Breaking the law and expecting free healthcare is not expected.

Why are you bringing the bible up here, troll?  Thought you were busy bashing reason in the other thread?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
AndrewWilliams

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 11:55:11 PM

Why are you bringing the bible up here, troll?  Thought you were busy bashing reason in the other thread?

You know, right now dank makes more sense than you.

You should seek some professional help, stat.
Ekaros

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 11:55:44 PM

What's next?

So USA is it against the bible as it used terrorism to separate from Britain.

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 11:56:54 PM

You know, right now dank makes more sense than you.

I believe you.  It takes a nut job to understand a nut job.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
AndrewWilliams

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 12:01:52 AM

If ignorance is bliss, you must be in heaven!

Cheesy
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 12:08:13 AM

What I see as different (the only "American Exceptionalism" that I subscribe to) is that past empires didn't hide that they were empires. Most embraced it as a righteous cause (it's not, but that's not the point), and even those that didn't, didn't pretend to be something else.

The United States of America, LLC. pretends that it isn't an empire. Even teaches it in schools to the point that the youth buy it, often for a lifetime.

Yet every action they take is aimed at expanding both territorially and legally into the lives of everyone. They even use the language of empire, such as "nation building" and "expanding our influence" and similar things, but haven't the courage to admit what they are. Or rather, they are more into lying than telling the truth. I'm not sure which it is, but I suspect the latter. In my time in american politics, I found that most politicians would prefer a stolen dime to an honestly gained dollar.

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 12:13:05 AM

Good point.
Which one can we get to be the next hegemon?  The UK is still tired from the last time.
Its often been said that the job of a leader is to decide and take the blame.

China is looking like they might want the job, maybe we could let them wear the tall hat for a while? 
Its not as fun as most folks imagine.

The Saud royalty would probably go for it if given the chance.  Who else is in the running?

I'll do it. Some of you will like the results. I guarantee I won't lie about my Imperial ambitions. And I won't pussy around about conquest either. All of the Americas would be my first goal. Fuck the rest of the world for now. I'll just take the Americas. Once I recall the troops from N. Africa, Central Asia, and the middle east, I'll take Canada. They have high tech, but not a big enough army to withstand me. Then, Mexico. They are numerous and would make good conscripts. I'll march them in front when I conquer the southern resource areas. Once the Americas are consolidated, I'll make a deal with Beijing to split the rest between us.

Oh. And you WILL serve in the armed forces.

Still think we need another hegemon, people?

(NewLiberty, I know better than to think you would subscribe to the above, but you did pose the question. )
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 12:14:39 AM

What's next?

Hmm. Based on this, the ENTIRE history of Christianity is at odds with the bible.

Oh.

Wait.

It is.

Otherwise you'd be killing every one... Oh.
Wait.

Your rulers are.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 12:23:18 AM

What I see as different (the only "American Exceptionalism" that I subscribe to) is that past empires didn't hide that they were empires. Most embraced it as a righteous cause (it's not, but that's not the point), and even those that didn't, didn't pretend to be something else.

The United States of America, LLC. pretends that it isn't an empire. Even teaches it in schools to the point that the youth buy it, often for a lifetime.

Yet every action they take is aimed at expanding both territorially and legally into the lives of everyone. They even use the language of empire, such as "nation building" and "expanding our influence" and similar things, but haven't the courage to admit what they are. Or rather, they are more into lying than telling the truth. I'm not sure which it is, but I suspect the latter. In my time in american politics, I found that most politicians would prefer a stolen dime to an honestly gained dollar.

That's a good point you're making; I didn't learn that America was an empire (nor was I really aware of what empires were at the time) until I'd gotten into my college U.S. Government course, where my professor keyed me in on the fact.  I believe this is intentional; as the methods of ruling become even more deceptive, I'm finding that the reasons why the state must own the schools is specifically to instill this modified version of history; it's best when your cattle are unaware of their ultimate demise, especially when they're so intelligent otherwise and about other things, otherwise they might get to thinking (as folks like you and I have taken to) that their owners don't have their best intentions in mind; ignorance is strength, and there's no force greater than an angry, unknowing nation of 300 million finding anything at all to put their blame into, anything at all but the source of their anger; they're designed not to figure it out, and it so far has been a success.

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 02:27:41 AM

That's a good point you're making; I didn't learn that America was an empire (nor was I really aware of what empires were at the time) until I'd gotten into my college U.S. Government course, where my professor keyed me in on the fact.  I believe this is intentional; as the methods of ruling become even more deceptive, I'm finding that the reasons why the state must own the schools is specifically to instill this modified version of history; it's best when your cattle are unaware of their ultimate demise, especially when they're so intelligent otherwise and about other things, otherwise they might get to thinking (as folks like you and I have taken to) that their owners don't have their best intentions in mind; ignorance is strength, and there's no force greater than an angry, unknowing nation of 300 million finding anything at all to put their blame into, anything at all but the source of their anger; they're designed not to figure it out, and it so far has been a success.

You did better than I did. I was in my thirties before I figured out that practically everything I was taught as US history in school was either whitewashed, misdirected, or just plain fiction. It took becoming seriously involved in the system and seeing it from the inside to realize just how well the system works. This is why I started questioning all "reforms" and "reformers". It eventually led me to the philosophy I espouse today. Anarchism. Not really the traditional anarchism that so many on Youtube and similar venues ascribe to, but the basic definition: No kings. I'll not go into depth about it here, especially since judging by our respective posting histories our views are similar. But what I think that most americans either cannot or do not realize is that the system they are trying to "fix" during the pseudo election cycle isn't broken. It works as designed, as a diversion.

On the subject of the elections, I once used this as an analogy to what voting in an american election really is.

You walk into a small room. On your left is a Beretta 92FS, on your right is a Glock 17. Both excellent weapons, with slightly different characteristics, but the same overall performance. You then choose one of them, point it at your head and pull the trigger.

Which is the lesser evil?

If man is incapable of governing himself, man is incapable of governing others.  Ergo, either anarchism is possible or we are ruled not by mortal men.

I really like this. Is that original?
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 02:47:41 AM

What's next?

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free;
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless,
Tempest-tossed to me
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame is the imprisoned lightning,
And her name, Mother of Exiles.
From her beacon-hand glows world-wide welcome;
Her mild eyes command the air-bridged harbor
That twin cities frame.
"Keep, Ancient Lands, your storied pomp!"
Cries she with silent lips.

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free;
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless,
Tempest-tossed to me
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

(  Misery loves company )

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:58:13 AM

You walk into a small room. On your left is a Beretta 92FS, on your right is a Glock 17. Both excellent weapons, with slightly different characteristics, but the same overall performance. You then choose one of them, point it at your head and pull the trigger.

Which is the lesser evil?

This is hilarious Cheesy  But that effectively sums it up; option 3, being the refusal of self-destruction, will never be found on a ballot.

If man is incapable of governing himself, man is incapable of governing others.  Ergo, either anarchism is possible or we are ruled not by mortal men.

I really like this. Is that original?

I'm glad you like it; it's one of mine Grin  The logic is sound to me now, though it wasn't perhaps a year ago, before I'd begun to really explore philosophy; it reminds me of a quote by Aristotle, "I have gained this by philosophy: that I do without being commanded what others do only from fear of the law."  He's not my most favorite philosopher, but I believe he makes a valid point: the law doesn't make sense to a person who is unaware of why the law is there to begin with, and so either the unknowing individual should be educated on such matters (schools conveniently leave out philosophy from the core curriculum, so I've noticed), or the individual must be threatened into following the law, but if it's the latter case, why bother with law at all?--it leaves the person out of the function of law-making, which effectively cuts society in two, creating the disparity between the rulers and the ruled.  It delves into this form of lawlessness that we're all too familiar with, the kind Hitler and the Kim Jong lineage have showed us, where the law is so supreme and sacred that it melts away into the tiny portion of people who create it and thus, no longer represents any form of the philosophy, just the passing whims of whichever dictator is in charge at the time.

Anyhow, the way I see it, if one man is intelligent enough to pass law, and most of us are beyond the idea that some men are gods, it should reflect that we're all capable of following and acknowledging commonly agreed upon laws without need for a supreme being to guide us, and yet we're still here, still following man-gods out of fear of the unknown, as though we've made no improvements since ancient Egypt.  Strange times.

Oldgamer

Activity: 134

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 04:15:26 AM

Thanks to this government you still can say it loud.
Try to do this somewhere in North Korea.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: